We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: April Orchid  (Read 109 times)

* April P. Orchid

(26/12/2023 at 10:25)
  • Second Year
  • C3D2T2S3
    • View Profile
Before you begin, please make sure you have created
an account in your character's full name, and make sure you have read and understand the following:

Site Rules | Magical Rules | Our Rating | FAQ

Should you have any questions, please contact an Administrator.

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: April Pink Orchid

Birthday: April 1st 1959

Hometown: Llanddeusant, Anglesey, Wales

Bloodline: Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration

Year (pick two): Firstie preferable. If not, second year.

Biography:

I have no father. Well ... I do, but ... he doesn't live with us. Long story short ... Mom thought he was into her. He was ... some sort of supervisor of her at work. Some Ministry Department. As it turns out, all he wanted was her. I don't know why. Some ... male ego stupid thing.

She was pregnant with me when she found out. She quit the same day ... not before leaving a red mark on his face. Mom has a hard slap. Hell of a throw too. Which she put to good use to her next job opportunity ... She trialed for the Harpies. Spent most of the first season on the bench because ... well, obviously why. Baby on the way. Once I was out though ... it only took a month for the coach to give her the first chance.

Rumor has it the opposing team's Keeper didn't want to play against the Harpies if she was on the pitch for the following two seasons.

Well, nowadays, she's retired. Actually, being one of the Chaser Coaches for the Harpies.

Me? I kinda like the game. But, due to my above-average height, I kinda prefer the Keeper position instead. I know Hogwarts has Quidditch. Excited about that. Mom told me what it's like over there. Seems tough. Hopefully I can do alright.

And maybe prove that I am not just Mom's girl on the pitch.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: I'll leave it to the Hat.

Personality:

April doesn't particularly have a good opinion about boys. Mostly due to her Mom's experience. Nonetheless, she tries to be as good-natured as possible. She smiles a lot. Loves to fly, even though most of her experience had been on small brooms though.

She likes being around people, talking to them. Perhaps sharing common problems with them. She figures it's helpful if people can do that. Not much of a fan of the beach, but doesn't say a definitive no to it. Forgives easily ... but not too many times. Sort of like that saying: 'fool me once ...'. You know how it goes.

She likes reading, but not all that much. It takes a while for a thing to stick with her. Nonetheless, when not in the common room, you can probably find her in the library, reading quietly in a corner. Either that or sitting in the grass in the garden with a book in her lap.

Appearance:

April is a red-head with green eyes. Long hair just past her shoulders, but sometimes she puts it in a bun or a ponytail. Slim build, but rather tall at 5 feet. Looking rather imposing for an 11 year-old. It gives her a little bit of extra confidence, particularly when coming up against some no-goodnick. Sometimes the saying 'pick up on someone your own size' does fit here.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not Evangeline's or Hugh's.

Option 2:

That rat of his was in for it now.

The gray little rascal had disappeared from his clutches at breakfast. Again.

Before Hugh even knew what was happening, Merlin had shot across the floor, somehow managing to avoid all the feet walking across the hall and had escaped through the open doors.

Which meant that Hugh was now stomping through rows of flowers and other various flora, searching for the small creature. It was like the rat knew Hugh was allergic to most flowers. Merlin always chose to run to the gardens whenever he got away from Hugh. It was as if the rat did not want to have him for an owner.

Hugh had named his pet Merlin because he had hoped the powerful name would give the rat more incentive to be more than a rat. Not that he expected Merlin to change into a wizard or anything, but rats were just so...useless, for the most part. With a name like Merlin, Hugh thought it might give the rat purpose.

The only purpose Merlin seemed to have was getting away from Hugh as often as possible.

As the fifth year trudged into the second row of flowers, not taking much care to avoid trampling the first row, he felt the first sneeze building up pressure in his nose and behind his eyes.

"You blasted rat! Where are you?"

He pulled apart a section of bright red flowers; he didn't know what they were called because he despised flowers, and ducked his head low to peer into the depths of the flowerbed. It was moving closer in proximity to the flowers that finally did it. Hugh took in three great breaths and then let out an almighty sneeze. It was strong enough to disturb some of the dirt on the ground before him.

Groaning, he stood up again and wiped his nose on his sleeve. It was as he was turning his head, his nose running up and down his arm, that movement in his peripheral vision caught his attention. Normally one who preferred to put his best face forward, Hugh was a bit embarrassed to be caught wiping his runny nose on his robes.

Nevertheless, Hugh put on his best haughty voice. albeit a bit thickly with his plugged nose and said, "Can I help you with something? It is not polite to stare."

Roleplay Response:

It was a nice day outside. Hence why April had taken the opportunity to head into the garden with the Transfiguration textbook tagging along. She was still in catch-up mode when it came to this class. It was really bothering her that some of her classmates were so good at it, while she was unable to change the color of her robe. Which should've been something easy.

The red-head had no intention of giving up though. After a few muttered niceties in Welsh, April would pick herself up and carry on. At some point, she would have her breakthrough and it would probably be the best day of that month. Until then though, work would continue towards that successful moment somewhere in the distance.

There was movement in the grass. April looked a bit startled for a moment, but the noise ceased soon enough. However, about a minute later, someone approached and apparently cursed a rat. Oh ... might've been a rat that had gone through. Or maybe something else. Anyway, the cursing was followed by a loud sneeze. That prompted April to raise her head and look towards the disturbance.

It was Hugh. And his nose was causing him problems. The red-head looked rather sympathetically in his direction, as he was wiping his nose on his robes. His comment when spotting her wasn't terribly nice. The book fell off her lap as she stood up, all 5 feet of her. Looking rather threatening.

However, what followed was completely different. Her hand moved forward towards him, holding a napkin.

"I'm sure what you meant to say was ... 'Can I borrow your napkin, please?' Here you go." She added with a polite smile, not at all condescending.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous): Skye and Bella Orchid; Immy and Gabby Renard and many others.

How did you find us?: Long, long time ago, there was a place called first Ezboard and then Yuku.

* Pythagorea Proud

(26/12/2023 at 14:01)
  • Deputy Headmistress
  • Arithmancy Professor
    • View Profile
Dear Miss Orchid ,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins on 1 January. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Deputy Headmistress

Tags: