Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Caleb Murray  (Read 762 times)

Caleb Murray

(11/08/2014 at 14:13)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:

Caleb Murray

Birthday:

20th March

Hometown:

Northampton, United Kingdom

Bloodline:
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):

Year (pick two):

1 or 2

Biography:
If you are applying to be a first, second, or third year, your biography must be at least one hundred words long.
If you are applying to be a fourth year or above, your biography must be at least three hundred words long.

My name is Caleb and I am a first year student at Hogwarts. I have brown hair, brown eyes and I'm short for my age. I can't remember much about my family before moving to the orphanage, the only thing I know is that both of my parents were muggles like I was. I have vague memories of a life that I could have lived, such as what the house I lived in looked like, but it feels like the memories aren't real, as soon as I try to recall more they slip away. I'm forced to wear a badge to say that I am muggleborn and I don't really understand why, but other children wearing different badges are often mean to me because of it. I wish I could understand what I've done wrong and why they don't like me, the adults in the orphanage tell me that I'll understand more as I get older.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:

Ravenclaw

Personality:

Introvert, loyal, shy.

Appearance:

Brown hair, brown eyes, round face, short, skinny, wears glasses.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

Blimey, the Great Hall was packed. It seemed like everywhere a guy looked there was some clown waving around a House banner or yelling about the game.

'Can you believe it?' 'No way!' 'This must be the biggest upset in Hogwarts Quidditch history...'

Stupid Quidditch.

Caleb noticed someone at his table slumped down with his head in his arms. He wondered if he should go over and see if he was ok, but he didn't know if he would be intruding. Besides, he was just a first year, a first year who knew nothing about the game quidditch so he'd hardly be able to cheer the boy up. There was a rouse of noise from the next table as they celebrated the victory and Caleb saw the upset boy get up and leave.

Caleb hesitated before following the boy out, he had to try and cheer him up because he looked so miserable. Caleb paced the corridors, looking to see where he had gone, still trying to find his way around this huge castle. Just when he was about to give up he heard a small sob, looking around the corner he saw the boy hiding next to a giant statue. Caleb paused for a moment, unsure of whether to walk over. At that moment the boy looked up and spotted Caleb watching him. He shouted at him that he should take a picture if he was going to stare that much.

Caleb walked over and stuck out his hand "Hi, I'm Caleb". Caleb didn't know if the boy would take his hand or not, so continued to stand there and waited. Caleb found himself running through questions in his mind "maybe he doesn't like the fact I'm a muggleborn, maybe he thinks I'm weird. Oh no, what if he hates me? What if I'm trying to make friends and I can't?" Caleb suddenly struck with fear turned and walked away, hoping that he would make friends in this school and wasn't resigned to being seen as another muggleborn.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):

N/A
How did you find us?:

Through a friend

« Last Edit: 16/08/2014 at 20:30 by Caleb Murray »

* Martin Hawksworth

(12/08/2014 at 20:25)
  • Auror
  • C24D25T22S16
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Hello Caleb, and welcome to HS.net!

Your application is coming along nicely. There a couple things that we’ll need you to work on before we move forward which I’ll walk you through.

First, I see that Caleb is a muggleborn, which is just awesome however we had a worldwide event happen back in 1937 that changed the lives of our wizarding community and altered forever the lives of our muggleborns. We had been comfortably experiencing the 1970s when something strange happened on December 31st, 1974 which threw everyone back in time 38 years. Memories of lives lived were muddied and almost instantly the wizarding world was left with uneasy feelings of something missing and the very real reality of 1930s living.

For more information, please visit this page regarding the Time Warp.

This slide back in time affected everyone differently but for Muggleborns the changes were quite jarring. Caleb would have been around 6 years old when all of this happened. He likely would have been found by wizarding officials and taken to an orphanage. It is up to you whether he is adopted and what vague memories he takes with him, and how he rationalizes his family ‘leaving him’ or disappearing one day, or if he remembers anything of them at all.

Second, remember that in our roleplays with each other, you may control only your character. For more information, check our Site Rules. Feel free to have Caleb present his hand in greeting and be supportive, but you will need to remove the references to James’ reactions. This allows writer behind James to respond to you in the way they want, making the interactions between characters more realistic and fun.

You can still have Caleb stick out his hand in greeting and offer a few friendly comments, but write them as open ended actions.

Caleb should offer his hand in greeting, and wait for the James’ response, while saying something similar to what you have and waiting for an answer.

This allows a roleplay between characters to go on for a bit longer, and in the meantime we are allowed to develop these individuals a bit more as they interact with each other.

If you could edit both the biography and sample roleplay and then reply below with the altered application, we will take another look and get you settled!

Caleb Murray

(16/08/2014 at 20:31)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:

Caleb Murray

Birthday:

20th March

Hometown:

Northampton, United Kingdom

Bloodline:
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one):

Magical Weakness (pick one):

Year (pick two):

1 or 2

Biography:
If you are applying to be a first, second, or third year, your biography must be at least one hundred words long.
If you are applying to be a fourth year or above, your biography must be at least three hundred words long.

My name is Caleb and I am a first year student at Hogwarts. I have brown hair, brown eyes and I'm short for my age. I can't remember much about my family before moving to the orphanage, the only thing I know is that both of my parents were muggles like I was. I have vague memories of a life that I could have lived, such as what the house I lived in looked like, but it feels like the memories aren't real, as soon as I try to recall more they slip away. I'm forced to wear a badge to say that I am muggleborn and I don't really understand why, but other children wearing different badges are often mean to me because of it. I wish I could understand what I've done wrong and why they don't like me, the adults in the orphanage tell me that I'll understand more as I get older.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:

Ravenclaw

Personality:

Introvert, loyal, shy.

Appearance:

Brown hair, brown eyes, round face, short, skinny, wears glasses.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

Blimey, the Great Hall was packed. It seemed like everywhere a guy looked there was some clown waving around a House banner or yelling about the game.

'Can you believe it?' 'No way!' 'This must be the biggest upset in Hogwarts Quidditch history...'

Stupid Quidditch.

Caleb noticed someone at his table slumped down with his head in his arms. He wondered if he should go over and see if he was ok, but he didn't know if he would be intruding. Besides, he was just a first year, a first year who knew nothing about the game quidditch so he'd hardly be able to cheer the boy up. There was a rouse of noise from the next table as they celebrated the victory and Caleb saw the upset boy get up and leave.

Caleb hesitated before following the boy out, he had to try and cheer him up because he looked so miserable. Caleb paced the corridors, looking to see where he had gone, still trying to find his way around this huge castle. Just when he was about to give up he heard a small sob, looking around the corner he saw the boy hiding next to a giant statue. Caleb paused for a moment, unsure of whether to walk over. At that moment the boy looked up and spotted Caleb watching him. He shouted at him that he should take a picture if he was going to stare that much.

Caleb walked over and stuck out his hand "Hi, I'm Caleb". Caleb didn't know if the boy would take his hand or not, so continued to stand there and waited. Caleb found himself running through questions in his mind "maybe he doesn't like the fact I'm a muggleborn, maybe he thinks I'm weird. Oh no, what if he hates me? What if I'm trying to make friends and I can't?" Caleb felt sweat fall upon his collar and realised that a lot more was riding on the acceptance of his handshake than he realised. Acceptance of his hand would mean acceptance of him.

And still he waited...

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):

N/A
How did you find us?:

Felix Simmons

« Last Edit: 18/08/2014 at 21:04 by Caleb Murray »

Robert Oliveroot

(19/08/2014 at 03:20)
  • Expert of Magical and Mundane Plants
  • C18D10T20S13
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Donor
    • View Profile

Hey Caleb!

I’m going to accept you, but please realize, I know you requested that Caleb be a First Year student, but we can’t always guarantee you get the first pick. Just remember that, sorry!

Mr Murray,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted.

Term begins 01 September. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus. Your admission is joint for both the Hogwarts and the summer campus, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Regards,
Robert Oliveroot
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

Tags: