We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Verity Cassandra - Application  (Read 751 times)

Payton Rose

(02/04/2013 at 18:50)
  • Sixth Year
  • C8D6T8S7
  • Hyacinth - Most Sincere
    • View Profile

Application for Salem Institute

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Verity Cassandra

Birthday: March 23, 1927

Hometown: Nashville, Tennesee

Bloodline:  Muggleborn

Magical Strength (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Charms

Year (pick two): 1st year, 2nd year

Biography:  I was born and raised in Tennesee and spent the first nine or so years of my life blissfully unaware of the existence of a magical community. It wasn’t until one fateful day, around May 3, 1936, when I was playing around with some friends from my school in our yard and had managed to climb up to the top of the old oak tree my parents planted when they were kids. I slipped on the uppermost branches and started to fall when, to my amazement, I did little more than float gently to the ground. My parents were just as shocked as we were and received a visit later that day from some sort of official, explaining to us what had happened.

My parents were happy for me of course and promised to support me throughout my education. Of course that all went to crap when they vanished and the rest of the Wizarding world, myself included, was pulled back into the 30’s. I wasn’t sure what to do but the official who’d introduced me to the magical world (I now know his name to be Zachary Lumen), took pity on me and allowed me to stay with him…at least for a while. Well it’s been two years and we’ve grown attached to each other so I doubt I’m leaving anytime soon. He explained the importance of applying to a magical school and so, Salem came to light and I figured I might as well go for it; I don’t have anything to lose regardless.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

Society Request: Rook Society

Personality: I’m a kind-hearted and trusting kind of girl with a Southern accent that’ll put a country star to shame. Despite losing my family and friends and being thrust into a society I know next to nothing about, I try to stay positive. I’ve been told that I trust too easily and am nice to a fault but I think it’s best to judge everyone as good and force them to prove themselves otherwise, rather than the other way around.

While I’m kind and trusting, I’m not a pushover and I’m quite intelligent. Perhaps I turn a blind eye when it comes to personalities but I won’t tolerate ignorance or the disrespect of knowledge. I’m quite quirky and unguarded; I tend to say exactly what’s on my mind so people regard me as blunt and sometimes even rude. I disagree; I simply state things as they are and those who are offended are often refusing to see the truth. I have quite the sense of humor and tend to joke when it’s inappropriate to do so; it’s my way of coping as I much prefer laughter to tears. That being said, I can be serious when called for and am actually quite easy to talk to. I’m loyal, trustworthy and boisterous, tending to butt in where I don’t belong regardless of the consequences; must be the redneck in me.

Appearance: I’m real tall, thanks to my daddy, and medium-sized; not too small, not too big. I’m pretty strong, having worked on my granddaddy’s farm for several summers and worked with the horses at that; those things are stubborn.  I have real long copper colored hair that’s normally in a messy braid down my back, ending about mid-thigh. My eyes are bright green with hazel rings around the center  and I sometimes wear glasses, though that’s mostly for reading and writing. I always have on a cowboy hat and boots regardless of my other clothes, and a cross necklace around my neck that my mother gave me.

I’m a bit stocky and broad; from my daddy’s side but my face is completely my mother. Thin and with long features, it’s a surprising contrast to the rest of my body. My eyes are huge and dominate my face and my mouth is small and pink, usually turned up into a bright smile. My nose is a bit twisted, as I’ve broken it a few times in tussles with the back-country boys. Both of my hands and feet are majorly calloused because I’ve spent so much time working and running around barefoot. I’m exceedingly tan, enough so that I could claim Native American heritage and be extremely believable, and I rarely burn in the sun.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Verity was displeased at her current predicament but the bright smile she wore betrayed nothing of that nature. She was, currently, curled up in an armchair in the library of the Salem Institute, the table between herself and her…partner, covered with books on the Civil War. As much as she loved reading, she was nearly nodding off on her copy of The South Rebels: A Civil Conflict From the Northern View by Antwone Yolks. She’d studied this war ages ago in her primary school for advanced children.

It seemed as though the boy next to her, Simon as she recalled, wasn’t any more pleased about their progress than she was and he abruptly snapped his textbook shut and turned to her. Her smile was back as she looked up at him, but it faltered when she heard his words that, to her, sounded rather harsh; she hadn’t done anything to upset him.

“Look…” She drawled in her thick Southern accent, a tendril of her copper hair falling over her eye and ignoring her attempts to, impatiently, sweep it away. “I don’t know how ya’ll do it here but where I come from, we all do our part.” She said snippily, regretting her harsh tone a moment later despite the fact that he’d been rude first.

She took a calming breath and eyed the boy. “I really don’t mean to be rude but it’s obvious that we’re both bored and tired. There ain’t no more we can do tonight so why don’t we just head off. Get some rest and we’ll get back on it tomorrow.” She shut her book as well and yawned, stretching, cat-like, on the comfortable seat, her back and legs protesting the movement as they were locked into place.

When she stood she nodded at her partner, convinced that her point had been made; she wasn’t about to heap all the work onto his shoulders, she was brought up better than that. Perhaps she’d taken the words a bit too much to heart, but she did tend to wear her emotions on her sleeve. “Same time tomorrow then.”

[/color]→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): N/A

How did you find us?: google

G.W. Oswald

(02/04/2013 at 22:53)
  • Editor-in-Chief, Daily Prophet
  • C7T8D6S11
    • View Profile

Miss Cassandra,

Congratulations, your application to Salem Institute has been accepted. Term begins 01 May, 2013. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
[size=20]G.W. Oswald[/size]
Editor in Chief, Daily Prophet
« Last Edit: 02/04/2013 at 22:55 by G.W. Oswald »

Tags: