Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Beware the storm - Cyrus Oceanus, elsewhere child  (Read 43 times)

* Cyrus Oceanus

(02/07/2024 at 00:33)
  • Teenager
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Cyrus Galahad 'Stormie' Oceanus

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Not played. Agrippa and Tabitha Oceanus

Residence:
Saint-Malo, France

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Naw

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Active: Lye, Bedwyr, Vervain
Inactive: Dorothy, Hekate, Salazar, Elias, Rowena

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
I have an obligation. Not everyone calls it that. I read it in the paper last week, an opinion piece. Pureblood privilege. I've never seen it that way.

Dad's pretty strict. Doesn't like when I waste time on silly stuff. We're an old family and I need to represent us well. That's gonna be my whole life. Presenting well so everyone knows the family is worthwhile. That is a privilege.

I won't argue against the fact the I'm lucky to have great parents. At the dinners, I speak to other heirs and they have so many complaints. I can't complain. The Oceanus family is really respectable. My parents are the best in the world, and they love me a lot.

Being an heir means I have to work hard. Read. Plan. Understand the ledger. It's hard, but I try my best. I'd rather paint. I'd rather listen to the wireless. I'd rather walk barefoot in the gardens. We don't always get to do what we're rather.

I'd rather not learn to be a 'proper warlock'. I'd never tell dad. I'm being groomed for leadership. Dad's on the Wizengamot and I'll do that too. It's my honor and my duty and my privilege.

Roleplay:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
"You!"

Her voice was over-loud. This was an upsetting way to be addressed. Stormie brought his attention to the girl. The little toy broomstick had seen its share of injuries.

"...Do you want to play?"

Poor thing.

"On a safety broom? No, thank you." A moment ago, she had a flock of loud little friends. Now she was alone. Most people, as Stormie understood it, found this to be the less favourable option. "Why don't you go and find your little friends?"

A wind turned his page, and the charcoal in his hand dragged across. The sketch was ruined. Stormie frowned for only half a moment.

"Run along. It's okay."

OTHER
How did you find us?

I am cursed to stay here until my earthly business is complete.
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?

* Willow Foxglove

(02/07/2024 at 01:42)
  • Herbology Professor, Spellbound Coordinator, & Trainee Social Worker
  • C11D20T20S11
    • View Profile
Accepted!
all we need is music  
  sweet music

Tags: