We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Ada Kalinski  (Read 580 times)

Ada Kalinski

(31/07/2020 at 23:11)
  • Ravenclaw '63
  • C12D10T8S10
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Adelajda “Ada” Kalinski

Birthday: May 5 1945

Hometown: Wizarding London

Bloodline: Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration

Year (pick two):5th, 4th

Biography:

June 1960

Adela. No. Adelaide. No. Alena.

Ada sighed deeply, hurriedly scribbling out all of the relatives of her name before hastily spinning around to face her parents who were relaxing in armchairs behind her.

“Adelajda, darling, please don’t spin so fast you will hurt yourself!”

Ada held back the urge to roll her eyes and quickly mumbled an apology. “Mummy, what do you think my pen name should be?” Both of her parents
looked at each other before their eyes darted back to Ada’s. “Pen name?” Her father said bewildered, before turning to his wife.

“Oh yes! I’m writing an opinion piece and I want it to remain anonymous.” She grinned, knowing what their reaction would be but testing the waters anyway.

“Opinion piece? … In a newspaper?” Her mother gasped, eyes bulging. “Do you think that’s safe?”

“Yes, I’m trying to build my career as a journalist so I think it’s important that I get some experience writing.” She smiled, intentionally appearing innocent. She knew that her parents loved it when she dedicated herself towards her future, but any behaviour deemed as risky was not acceptable in this household. Both of her parents looked at eachother, clearly communicating through their eyes. Ada kept her perfect smile, but recognized that her parents needed to be pushed further.

“I know you’re concerned but I am old enough to keep myself safe. I’m smart.”

“Adelajda, of course we support your career, but we don’t want you bringing any danger upon yourself” her mother said calmly. “You know how careful we have to be.”

“I agree with your mother,” her father chimed in. “We have already lost so much as family! Do you really want to pull us into more issues?”

Ada paused, carefully choosing her next words while intentionally trying to appear as innocent as possible. “We haven’t lost everything as a family. We have each other. I know you’re concerned, but things really aren’t how they were when you both were growing up. We’re safe now!”

She understood that her parents were traumatized by everything they had seen - war, displacement, immigrating to England. But, by and large, during her lifetime nothing too traumatic had happened and she desired the freedom other girls her age had.

“That’s why it’s anonymous!” She laughed softly, trying to relieve their nervousness. “Do you want to read my article?” She snatched her notebook from her desk and crossed the room to offer it to her parents. They nodded approvingly. “It’s an analysis on the effectiveness of the Hogwarts curriculum in comparison to the magical curriculum’s in other European schools.”

The grin returned to her face, knowing this would be detail that would convince her parents. “Exciting! What a bright girl!” Her mother exclaimed. “So, what is your pen name Miss Adelajda?”

“Hmm. I think Adelaide Kennedy. It’s me, but English.”

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: None

Personality: Investigative. Know-it-all. Suspicious. Gossipy. Emotionally fragile but smart enough to disguise it. Deeply desires approval and affection.

Appearance: Ada appears younger than she actually is. She has large brown eyes and curly dark hair. She has a small-build and is 5’5.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not Evangeline's or Hugh's.

Option I:

Ada scrunched her nose and squinted her eyes simultaneously. The dungeons. How gross. She would never understand why they had decided to build a common room and classrooms here. Maybe a fresh coat of paint and adding a few windows would make it less unpleasant to be in and would remove the odours.

However, as unpleasant as the dungeons were, it offered many opportunities for snooping. People kissing people who they weren’t supposed to, people gossiping and spilling their secrets. The dungeons were truly the place to be if you wanted to find out things that you weren’t supposed to know.

The dungeons are the underside of the Hogwarts community, providing a space for Hogwarts students to express themselves in ways that aren’t always acceptable in the wider community. The dungeons are where you will find the secrets that so desperately need to be exposed.

She scribbled this into her notebook, the potion-infused air clearly allowing her creativity to flow. She paused writing and continued down the dingy corridor, convinced that she could hear footsteps ahead. She grinned, hoping that she would come across a 7th year cheating on his girlfriend or a Professor in a private conversation. Oh, that would be fun.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

The grin dropped from Ada’s face. This was clearly a lost and confused first year, no drama there.

“Yes, this is she.” Ada responded in a light voice, trying to appear ghostly. She immediately felt bad, while this could be funny, bullying a child was not something she wanted to do.

“I’m just kidding, please don’t cry or something. This is Ada.” She stepped into the light to prove to the younger girl that she was an actual alive person and not a ghost.

“Have you seen anyone else down here?” she asked with her innocent voice, clearly trying to make up for attempting to scare the girl just moments ago. “I’m looking for someone.”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous): Kaitlyn O’Sullivan

How did you find us?: Topsites, originally

* Ella Galanis

(02/08/2020 at 14:34)
  • Head of Ravenclaw
    • View Profile
Dear Miss Kalinski,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 1 September 2020. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Ella Galanis
Head of Ravenclaw
« Last Edit: 02/08/2020 at 14:34 by Ella Galanis »
caterpillar in the tree, how you wonder who you’ll be
wish you may and wish you might, don’t you worry, hold on tight
I promise you there will come a day, butterfly, fly away

Tags: