We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Kate Lyle Freener's application  (Read 1387 times)

Kylie Zani

(14/11/2014 at 04:09)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D6T5S7
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name:
Kate Lyle Freener
Bloodline:
Pureblood/Halfblood/Muggleborn/Squib
Halfblood
Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Type your response here.
Cody Diamond (Father-muggle Kate never sees him) & Ashley Freener (Mother-witch) (Non-played characters)
Residence:
Type your response here - where does your character live?
London
Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
Type your response here.
Kate does not have a connection with any place... except maybe the Ice Creamery.  She has monthly visits there.
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Type your response here.
N/A
Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Type your response here.
I don't currently have any characters, but when December rolls around I will have Kylie Zani, a second year or third year.
Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Type your response here.
Kate lives with her mom, Ashley Freener.  She's never seen her dad-or at least she doesn't remember him.  Her mom wouldn't talk about him, and had no pictures of him.  The only thing she would say was his name: Cody Diamond.  Kate has always secretly wanted too see her dad-even if he is muggle.  People didn't like muggles or muggleborns, so Kate's mom pretended that she had simply divorced and that they were a pureblood family.   Kate's friends didn't like muggleborns either: most of their jokes were about muggles.  And most of the jokes were insulting.  Kate was a diceplined and kind: at least when her mom was around (Ashley was very fond of manners and such).  Kate usually didn't obey rules (unless they were life-threatening ones).  Kate knew when to stop.  Kate's mom praised her about her 'behavior', and Kate liked her praise.  Kate's mom also praised her on her brain.  She said Kate was very smart for nine.  Kate liked to think she was smart, but thought it was just mother's praise.  She thought she was average.  Plus she didn't want Ravenclaw: she wanted Hufflepuff (her mother had been Gryffindor).  Kate had an okay body build-strong mucsles and such.  Not bulging-out-of-your-arms muscles, but some.  Her mom wanted her to do a sport, so she did football-or soccer, depending on where you lived.  In football she played defense.  And she was pretty good at it too. Kate was sure that was the sport she was meant to do: it was her sport. 
Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Type your response here.
"...Do you want to play?"  Kate turned to see a small girl standing next to a broom embeded in the ground.  The girl looked harmless, but the anger in her eyes said otherwise.  Kate had been looking for someone to play with her-particularaly those three boys.  But Kate thought she'd give this girl a chance.  "Depends.  Could we play soccer?" Kate gestured to the black-and-white ball beneath her foot.
OTHER
How did you find us? Google | TopSites | Recommendation | Facebook | Tumblr | Other
Google
    Add bookmark
    Notify
    Mark unread
    Print

Pages: [1]
«

Kate Lyle Freener

(15/11/2014 at 18:39)
  • Elsewhere Child
    • View Profile
 I made the sub-account (Thanks Oliver), and just needed to check to make sure I did it right....I did.  So now all I need is for it to get approved (I think that's how this works....).   :D

B. Foster

(16/11/2014 at 18:36)
  • Journalist
  • C6D12T7S7
    • View Profile
Miss Freener,

Your app looks good! I will go ahead and accept it but just want to make sure you know about the time-warp plot. Which happened about six years ago in IC time. What happened was that all muggles disappeared mysteriously on the stroke of the new year, 1937.

It's alright for Kate to say her father is a muggle, but as long as he doesn't pop up suddenly everything is fine.

Also, when it comes to pretending that Kate is a pureblood it is a bit harder now, because of Blood Badge Registration. Which you can read about in this topic here. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask.

Again, welcome to Hogwarts!

B. Foster

Tags: