We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Clementine Roberts  (Read 785 times)

Clementine Roberts

(30/04/2015 at 15:03)
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:
Clementine Roberts
Birthday:
June 1st, 1933
Hometown:
Dallas, Texas
Bloodline:
Muggleborn

Magical Strength (pick one):
Transfiguration

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two):
1st or 2nd
Biography:
If you are applying to be a first, second, or third year, your biography must be at least one hundred words long.
If you are applying to be a fourth year or above, your biography must be at least three hundred words long.

Clementine Roberts was born in Dallas, Texas to Muggle parents. They moved to Dartford, England last year because her mother always dreamed of living near London. Clementine has two older brothers who are grown and live elsewhere. Clementine enjoys reading books and playing word games, as she is quite adept at them. Her favourite colour is bright ube. Her favourite food is steak. She says that her spirit animal is a caterpillar, but she secretly believes that it’s actually Brendan Urie. Her ultimate goal in life is to get married and snag the title of “Best Mom in the World” from her own mother. She also aspires to help people in any way she can. She’s not very judgemental, and believes that everyone is equal. If the war is still happening when she graduates, she would like to be a military nurse. It’s her dream to fall in love with an injured soldier, and nurse him back to health. She has a very romantic streak, what can I say? She’s shy around strangers, and is generally considered a loner, but has random spurts of hyperaction in which she talks her friends’ ears off. She tends to either ramble when speaking or speak as little as possible, as she is constantly unsure of herself. She has a hard time putting her thoughts into words, and often takes a moment or two to gather her thoughts before she speaks. Regardless of her shy, loner-ish nature, she loves being around people, and is one of the most loyal friends that you could have.
→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:
Hufflepuff
Personality:
Shy, intelligent, kind, optimist.
Appearance:
A young girl of average height, with freckles, dirty-blonde hair, and gray eyes.
→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.
Clementine Roberts is slowly walking down one of the many hallways at Hogwarts, reading a thrilling book about pirates, when she hears a feminine voice call out to her.
“Hey! Wait up! It’s for the paper!”
Clementine decides to slow down and let the person catch up.
She glances up from her book, Scurvy Tom, to watch Astrid barreling towards her, gasping for breath like a fish out of water. Finally, Astrid gets to where Clementine is.
“What do you think about serving frog legs at lunch? Some say it’s a delicacy, but others think it’s plain gross,” says Astrid, a tall, blonde girl.
Clementine takes a moment to get her thoughts together, tilting her head to the side and contemplating.
“Well, I think that they taste neither good, nor bad.” She pauses, her thoughts racing.
“I suppose that they could be seen as a delicacy in some foreign countries, though.”
As she is speaking, Clementine notices Astrid’s quill rapidly jotting down her words and wonders if quills have tiny ears.
“What do you think about frog legs?” she proceeds to ask Astrid.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):
Clementine Roberts
How did you find us?:
I used Google to find out about wands, and a forum post on this website showed up. I saw that this was an RP site, and it piqued my interest.
God bless,
Caitlin Kohler

Gregory Noble

(30/04/2015 at 15:40)
Hey Clementine!

Welcome to HS.net, we’re so happy to have you! There are just a few things we'd like you to adjust in your response, before we accept your application.

First, I absolutely love that you’ve decided to make a Muggleborn character! Since she is a Muggleborn, however, Clememtine would have been affected in what our site calls the Time Warp. All her non-magical family, including her Mom, Dad, and siblings, would have disappeared from her life in 1937, when our Wizarding World slid back in time.

Basically, at roughly the age of five Clementine might have woken to the new year in 1937 to find her family gone and possibly even her home gone, or owned by another muggle family all together. For a bit more information read up on the Guide to Time Warp

There are many things that could have happened to Clementine at this time. Do you think that she went to one of many orphanages that sprang up around this time to deal with wizarding children that found themselves abandoned? Might Clementine have struggle to be in a few place and missed Texas? Give it a thought and go ahead and make those changes to your biography. I’d really like to know more about Clementine, so don’t be shy about diving into her past!

Secondly, since our world is set in 1944, there are some things that wouldn’t be around. For example, Brendan Urie hasn’t been born yet! Very cute, but think about what it means to live in 1937, and who she might have idolized back then.

Thirdly, in your role play response you have written in the present tense. (Meaning, as actions are happening, Clementine is reaction. Example: “She is walking slowly.”) Our site asks that role-play responses be written in the past tense, as if they’ve happened. For instance, “She walked slowly.” Please edit your response to be in the past tense.

Lastly, there are certain details in your response that would be considered ‘Power Playing’. This is something we consider any action in which you are playing the other character. While they are small, for example Astrid gasping for breath, they are things we don't allow. Astrid might be the best runner in Hogwarts and not out of breath at all! Similarly, with Astrid’s quill writing. These would be things Astrid would have to do in her response. If you could edit those out, that’d be wonderful!

Once you’ve made the changes we’ll look at your application again! If you have any questions please reach out to me or any other member of staff and we’d be happy to help!

Greg

* Anneka Ivanova

(01/05/2015 at 03:54)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Clementine!

This forum is closed for replies now, but if you PM me your revised application within the next 24 hours, I'll still accept it and let you in.

- Anneka
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: