We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Laurel Douglass  (Read 687 times)

* Laurel Douglass

(28/12/2017 at 09:27)
  • Head Nurse
  • C19D13T20S10
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Laurel Gwendolyn Douglass

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Kellen and Calla Douglass

Residence:
Hogsmeade

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Calla!...and some others

Biography: (100 words minimum.)

Laurel grabbed her favourite book off the shelf, a BIG red one that she definitely made herself without any help from Mum or Dad, no none at all! She flipped to her last story and began to read...

Laurel's Story Time!

Today was a Best Day. I turned Phillip's hair yellow! Mum said I did anyhow I don't know what I did to make it happen! I was just there in my dress twirling because it was raining which means I can't twirl outside least not when it's raining as thick as flobberworm mucus as Mum says. My new dress was white and yellow and I was just in the kitchen with Mum twirling like I said when Phillip ran straight into me! He said he was practising a quidditch move which isn't right he didn't even have a broom! But little brothers are RUDE sometimes I guess I still love him. Anyhow he ran into me and we both got knocked over and I might maybe not meaning to grabbed his hair when I fell. When we both stood I started laughing so hard I fell over again! His dark hair was a pale yellow. Not what Mum and Dad would call a Hufflepuff yellow but it wasn't the right colour his hair should have been! Mum heard me laughing so hard and came to see. I thought I was in Trouble but after she looked at Phillip forever she started laughing and I started again too! Phillip didn't have a clue! When Mum picked him up to show him in a mirror the look of surprise on his face was the Best and then we all started laughing. Mum says that means maybe I'll be good at figuring things like she was! She used a different word but it was too long for me to remember.

That's my story today, thanks for reading!

Laurel smiled a toothy grin, one of her lower teeth missing, and put the book back on the shelf.

"Hey, Phillip! Wanna play?"

And she was off to create another story.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Godric Park was one of her favourite places! It was just down the street from home and it had a lot more things to play on then the backyard.

It was also a really nice day today and that always made playing more fun! Except she wanted something else to do other than play with her little brothers. Phillip had stolen her toy wand the other day so she was Mad at him and Lochlan could barely run a couple feet before he tripped over his own so he wasn't very much fun. She couldn't play the game called tag that Mum had taught them with a BABY.

But she needed something to do or she would get BORED. Laurel got cranky when she got bored. Just as she had this thought, something went whipping by, ruffling her long,
messy brown hair.

"Flying!" She wanted to fly!

Excitement lit up her features and she stomped her way through the park, arms waving, trying to catch the attention of one of the kids on the brooms.

"You!"

Someone was shouting at her but it wasn't from in the air. Frowning, Laurel turned to see another girl standing there.

"...Do you want to play?"

Brown eyes widened happily. "YES!" She ran the three foot distance between her and the other girl. "I think we should try to steal their brooms!"

OTHER
How did you find us? I followed a rainbow!

* Anneka Ivanova

(31/12/2017 at 19:09)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: