Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Edward Bishop  (Read 645 times)

Edward Bishop

(01/08/2012 at 09:39)
  • 2nd Year
  • C2D2T2S3
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:
Edward Bishop III

Birthday:
June 12th, 196X (Whatever year works)

Hometown:
Prince Frederick, Maryland

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Transfiguration (Already has Magic Levels from being a Transfer)

Year (pick two):
2nd or 1st

Biography:
Refer to previously accepted biography for earlier life history.

In the past year, Edward Bishop had been a student at Salem in Boston.  He had not honestly wanted to be there, he had always wanted to go to Hogwarts, where his mother had went, but his father wouldn't hear of it, until now.

He had, however, learned alot from his year.  He tried to learn how to socialize with others his own age, because he had never done so before as an only child.  He learned by example, from the other older, cooler boys.  He had learned what it took to succeed, in academically in class and socially in life.  He learned alot about himself too. 

He liked being the best in class, but he learned it was more important to not seem like a nerd, studying all the time.  This was hard for him because reading still was his favorite hobby.  But he had learned to study people as well, to dissect them mentally, to learn how he could best manipulate them to help him achieve his desires.

But still, deep down within himself, he wanted to be loved by someone he could respect.  He never felt love from his parents, only expectations, only judgement, and he never had really had true friends, he was jealous of others he saw with loving families and friends.  And even though he was from a wealthy family, his parents believed that denying him such as candy and 'cool' toys was better for him, so he was jealous of others who had those things as well.

Finally, though, with all the things he had learned, he built up the courage to enlist his mother as an ally, convincing her to support him against his father by appealing to her vanity, that he wanted to be like her, even though he really just wanted to go to Hogwarts.  And so they, united, convinced his father to grant permission for him to apply to transfer to Hogwarts.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:
Slytherin

Personality:
Ambitious, Elitist, Envious, Somewhat Bookish Know-it-All,

Appearance:
Raven hair, pale skin, small for his age, wears sunglasses

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

As he stormed into the quieter hallway outside, he could hear footsteps somewhere behind him. James rounded on the sound and began to shout, his brown eyes shining with tears. "WHAT! Haven't you ever seen a loser before? Why don't you just take a picture!"

Edward was carrying a stack of books down the hallway, and when James turned around and shouted, startled, he jumped back, dropping his books.

He had no idea what the boy was talking about.  He looked over the dirty quidditch uniform and came to what could only be the rational conclusion - he was crying over losing at sports.  He had been called a loser before by pathetic 'jocks', but he had never before seen a 'pathetic jock' calling himself a loser.  Pathetic, and not cool at all.  Edward had always wanted to be cool, but he had never broken down and cried in public before.  Still, that meant that he had an opportunity.  An opportunity to make an ally who could perhaps be useful in the future, and maybe he could learn a thing or two about dealing with jocks.

So he simply smiled softly and lied, "I don't think you're such a loser," and another lie while bending down while picking up his books, "In fact I was at the game watching you, and I thought you played brilliantly," looking up into the other boy's eyes, confidently, "just a bit of bad luck, I'm sure you'll win next time."

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):
Edward Bishop (Salem), Alexander Birch (Ministry), Edith Knightlock (Elsewhere)

How did you find us?:
Internet Search for Hogwarts Roleplaying

« Last Edit: 01/08/2012 at 09:50 by Edward Bishop »

Margot Lecuyier

(01/08/2012 at 13:39)
    • View Profile

Mr. Bishop,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted.

Term begins 01 September 2012. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus. Your admission is joint for both the school and the summer campus, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Regards,

Head of Ravenclaw
t w o r a v e n s i n t h e o l d o a k t r e e
one for you and one for me
b l u e b e l l s i n t h e l a t e d e c e m b e r

I   S E E   S I G N S   N O W   A L L   T H E   T I M E .

Tags: