Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Silvanus Parkhurst  (Read 598 times)

Silvanus O. Parkhurst

(23/08/2012 at 19:54)
  • 5th Year
  • C6T6D3S5
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Silvanus Octavius Parkhurst

Birthday: March 31st

Hometown: Newport, Isle of Wight

Bloodline: Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination

Year (pick two): 4th or 5th

Biography:

"Boarding school, eh? That must be your latest carefully and slowly concocted idea." Silvanus fell down on his chair easily and looked at his mother. "It's stupid!" He said it as it was. A simple matter of fact. His mother's typical sad dog eyes look washed over him without emotion. He had seen it way too often for it to have any effect on him. "Your father thinks it's better for you. Here you don't learn anything. All you practise is useless magic to make life hard for everyone in this house!" Silvanus waved his hand as if to shut her up. "Since when does Father think straight? Now that would be news. Seriously what do you think? Do you really want to send me away? I’m your little boy!" He looked at her, challenging as always, waiting for her to crumble under his look. However, this time his mother didn't. Instead she got up and turned to the door. "You have to go Silvanus. Nothing you say or do will change our minds this time. It's time you learn what real life is about." With that she left him sitting at the kitchen table alone. Bollocks.

--

"Come on Lucetta! I'm you cute little brother. Please help me." Silva tried his sweetest voice and look to convince his sister. Lucetta was older and had just finished her regular tutoring. Now she would start her healer training. Usually Silva liked his sister even though he wouldn't admit that to anyone and especially not her, but today she was just as stubborn as mother had been. "Leave me alone you little pest. There is nothing I can do for you. Mother and Father don't ask my opinion. You pushed them too far with your last stunt. That was really stupid. Even for you." Silva rolled his eyes and then held his chest and pretended to faint. "You hurt me sister!" It couldn't have been this tiny thing he did that made his parents decide something like that. "Seriously, all I did was hex some of the prison guards. That can't be it!" His sister just shook her head at him. Clearly, she thought that this had been one of his worst pranks ever. In her defense she didn't know half of the things he had pulled off in the past few years. "Anyway," she said, "you will have to go I'm afraid. Father seemed really set on it. Sorry little brother!" Aside from not really sounding sorry, these were familiar words to Silva's ears. If she couldn't help him, he would have to go to his brother. Oh, this would be great!

--

"Silva you idiot! Why would I help you? Hell, I'm glad that I don't have to see your grinning face around here anymore." Of course, Septimus was his usual venomous self. Silva had not expected anything less and wondered why he had even bothered to come here. "Luce will help if you do,” he lied. “Don't let me down this time big brother. You owe me! Or have you forgotten about the Jello incident?" Silva was sure his brother hadn't. Who could forget about the whole mansion being full of strawberry jello after a spell had gone horribly wrong? "You really think you can blackmail me with this? Everyone thinks it was you anyway." Septimus growled at him. "Now get out before I do something much worse than that to you." Silva sighed and got up. "Dude, you killed grandmother with jello! What’s worse than that?" he threw at his brother with a grin. Then he quickly danced out of the room, just in time to dodge the spell his brother had thrown at him. The door fell shut and he heard the spell slam into it. That had gone well. Unfortunately, not with the result the teenager had hoped for.

--

It seemed, that the whole household was unwilling to stop the madness that was going on. Silvanus didn’t want to believe that no one would miss him around here enough to help him prevent this boarding school thing from happening.  After all, he brought life into this boring stuck up life in Newport. But now summer was well under way and there had been an acceptance letter in the mail already. Everything seemed set and in motion, so that Silva had to think really hard of other ways to stop it by now. He had talked, bugged and blackmailed everyone in the household, even the brainless maid with the horseteeth. All she had offered him as help though, was to take his innocence before boarding school would turn him gay. Silvanus still shuddered at the thought of the maid even though he had said quite a few nasty words in return to her offer that made her burst into tears and run off. Girls, especially ugly maids, were stupid like that. However, he was getting more desperate as the day of his planned departure came closer and closer. He was left with but one option: his father. Oh boy!

--

Silvanus paced the corridor in front of his father’s office up and down. Usually he had no problem talking to his father, nor did he fear him like his siblings did. He would always say straight what he thought and then his father would have to take it from there. On good days, their conversations would not end with Silvanus being punished for disrespecting his father. On bad days, however, Silva sometimes sprinted out of father’s sight in order to evade the hexes that were coming his way. Sometimes he got away, sometimes he didn’t; but however harsh the punishment, it didn’t change Silva. Their relationship wasn’t exactly the best and it would probably never be. Although he didn’t have a plan yet, Silva decided that it was time to enter the office. He was running out of time, and now wasn’t a good time to start being afraid of the old man.

Horius Parkhurst sat behind his desk and was hunched over a huge volume of some old book, that to Silva looked like it was going to fall apart every moment. He sneezed loudly to test his theory, but the book stayed in one piece. At first the old man didn’t pay attention to his youngest child. Only when Silvanus coughed even louder than he sneezed and sat down in the leather chair noisily, did the old man look up at him. There was an unexpected smile on his face; one that Silva didn’t  like one bit.

“I was wondering when you would finally come to me, son. I heard you’ve been talking to everyone around here.” Silva rolled his eyes without shame. This man always knew everything. Well, almost everything. He didn’t know who cast the jello spell, nor who transfigured the tiny spider into a big one that wanted to eat his sister, nor that there was a huge herd of squirrels living in the basement, nor that everyone who drank from the mansion well would forget something really important. There were countless more things, that his father probably didn’t have a clue about. “I always save the best for last. This way it stays interesting for everyone.” Silva couldn’t really help himself and smiled. Of course, his father’s face grew dark immediately. “You even make jokes now. Aren’t you here to convince me to keep you here? Instead you give me more reasons why I should send you away!” It was a foul argument, as expected. Father was sure that Silvanus could not bring one valid argument why he should not go. There, he was completely wrong. Silva had more than one good argument. “Do you really want the world to see what kind of son you bred?” he started. “I mean, look at me! I’m a disgrace and nothing you should show around in a fancy wizard boarding school. On top of that, going there might turn me gay. What are your stuck up pureblood fanatic friends going to say about that? Reconsider this father, not for my but for your family’s sake! It’ll be a disaster!” If that didn’t convince his father, who was always so keen on keeping relations with other wizard families on good terms, Silva would give up. It took him a few seconds to realize that the deep gurgling sound that was suddenly filling the room came from his father’s throat. He was laughing.

--

His bags were packed and ready. Doran, who would take him to the train, had already arrived and had a quick cup of tea with his parents downstairs.  Silvanus, for the first time in his life, didn’t have anything to say or do. He just waited until it was time to go. He had grown up in a sheltered and beautiful world, surrounded by Parkhurst forest. He had never been off the Island in his entire life, nor had he ever spared a thought of going to some school up in the North. Everything would be new and strange. Silvanus got up and took the stairs down. He hugged his sister in her room, sent a quiet hex into his brother’s room as he passed it by and then hugged his mother as he arrived downstairs at the door. He ignored his father. Doran had already secured his trunk on the broom, together with the rest of his bags and Silva climbed on the broom behind Doran. His father had made sure, that he wouldn’t fly his own broom, probably thinking that Silva would take off and was found in France in a month or so. Doran took off and Silva looked back one more time to see his brother’s head hanging out of the window puking slugs and his sister waving and shouting something at him. As the mansion and the forest around it become smaller, he heard Doran say, “You’ll be back before you miss it.” Silvanus shrugged to himself before he answered. “I won’t miss it ever. I’m done with this place!”

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:
Silvanus is anything but a Hufflepuff.

Personality:
Silvanus is very easy going and quick with his mouth. Even though he knows that sometimes it’s better to be quiet, he just doesn’t want to be. He is not big on showing emotions and rather makes jokes to cover up how he really feels. It’s not easy to read him, since he ridicules everything, but there’s a good core inside.

Appearance:
Silva is of medium height for his age and skinny. He’s not the sporty kind of guy, but he can run when he has to. His hair is dark and tends to be curly.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

Quidditch. The sport of the century.

This school made a big fuss about it. Like they did about rules, class attendance and personal hygiene. Everything was a big fuss and Silvanus wasn’t ready to be part of that. He had skipped the game, not knowing what great opportunity to shout nonsense and nasty stuff at some of the players he would miss, and had decided to go on a trip around the castle. Nice and empty as it was, this was the best time to walk around and find other people who thought like him. If they even existed in this place.

After quite some time, in which he had found absolutely no one hanging around and nothing of interest to him, he heard noises of quite a few students coming back into the castle. The game apparently was over and everyone would celebrate in the Great Hall. That of course could be quite some fun, and so Silvanus headed downstairs. At least, he tried. Those blasting moving staircases always held him up. The first one got him down alright, while the second one spew him into some hallway he didn’t know. The third he took finally dropped him in the corridors that would lead to the Great Hall. Or so he thought.

Before he realized that he was going in the wrong direction, a little boy who had been walking a bit ahead of him, turned around and shouted at him. Silvanus blinked and stopped.  Loser? So he had been on the losing team. How convenient. “And why, my muddy little friend, are you so frustrated? It can’t be news to you, that you’re a loser. Everyone knew that already before the game, you see.” Silva laughed and rounded the boy as if to inspect him. “On top of that, you’re not pretty and you stink. So I think I’ll pass on the picture offer. Maybe if you shower next time, yes?”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):

How did you find us?: Google

* Meriwether Throckmorton

(23/08/2012 at 23:04)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile

Mr. Parkhurst,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted.

Term begins 01 September. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus. Your admission is joint for both the school and the summer campus, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Regards,

Ghost of Ravenclaw
No light, no light in your bright blue eyes-
I never knew daylight could be so violent!

● ● ●

Tags: