We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Squib Stuff  (Read 855 times)

Edgar Arsenio Viggano

(16/10/2015 at 03:54)
Hey guys!

I'll probably post more questions here if I think of any, hence the vague title.

I've got my Squib baby approved, and I had a couple of quick questions. I was wondering if Squibs get an occupation on their profile listing like other characters do. I know I listed Edgar as a Gravedigger in his app and I just wasn't sure if that was something that would appear on him or not. I also know you guys are all super busy so I'm just asking out of curiosity and not out of impatience or anything.

Secondly, would it be weird for a Squib to have a special request? I know that they're basically Wizard-born Muggles, so if they wouldn't be considered for special request things, that's totally cool. ^__^ I was just curious, because I had a neat idea while I was at work today and wasn't sure if it would be feasible.

Thank you! :D

Aries Paladin

(16/10/2015 at 06:08)
  • Undesirable No. 2, Resistance Leader, Hit Wizard, Colonel of 42nd, Former General's Aide
  • C26D14T22S20
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Superlative Winner - Most Charming
    • View Profile
YAY SQUIDS SQUIBS.

1) Yes, you can totally have an occupation for a Squib! I can stick that on for you now. <3

2) A second opinion would be needed on this, perhaps, but in my own, I think it depends on what that is. An object or something would. I believe you mean an ability, though, so I'd say not exactly. The way I look at it is physiologically: a lack of magic in a person is like a paralysis of the muscles, or maybe a lacking feature in the immune system, and a special ability is like the ability to do something extremely unusual with either of those things—on top of those things—so it doesn't entirely make sense in my view. I think that magical special abilities depend on some sort of magic to 'fuel' or act as a 'base' for them, so someone with an ability wouldn't be a Squib. That's me, though. :)
VIVAT REX IN HOMINE
WATCH THE THRONE, DON'T STEP ON THE ROBE

Tags: