We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Cassidy Susan Grace - Elsewhere child  (Read 765 times)

Casey Grace

(21/03/2015 at 05:15)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D1T1S0
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Cassidy Susan Grace, usually goes by Casey

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Antoine Grace, father, Auror, KIA
Susan Grace, mother, muggle, used to run a bookstore in London.
Both NPCs, both deceased.

Residence:
Hogsmead children's home

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
Other than Hogsmead children's home, nope.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Nope

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
None

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Casey was born to Antoine and Susan Grace. Before the time warp, she used to enjoy spending time with her mother in the bookstore that she owned as her father was usually busy at his job with the ministry. Growing up in the little flat above the store in London, books were her only friends. When she wasn't being home schooled, she would lose herself in fantasy and literature. As the time warp happened, her father moved from London to Hogsmead so Cassidy could mingle with kids of her own kind, rather than feeling out of place in the muggle world. However, scarcely a month after they moved, tragedy struck. While hunting down a dangerous dark wizard, Antoine got hit by the killing curse and Cassidy was suddenly left homeless and orphaned. While she had been starting to make some friends in Hogsmead and socializing more, the death of her father had affected her horribly. While she had been starting to open up, her father's death turned her quiet and dissociative. She currently lives in the children's home in Hogsmead and is waiting, perhaps not quite adds eagerly as some, for the new school year to start.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Casey Grace laid in the grass propped up against the trunk of a lone oak tree, not paying attention to the little girl, who happened to be about the same height as her, reading one of her favorite books, The Hobbit, enjoying the free time she had from the children's home. The afternoon sun sat high in the clear forget me not blue sky. It was the first real sun they had had in ages and Casey was determined to enjoy it as much as she could. As the boys flew in the sky chasing the shining golden snitch and the fruitless attempts of the girl trying to catch up to them, Casey turned the pages as she read riddles in the dark, one of her favorite chapters. Casey loved to read, it was a chance for her to escape the painful memories of losing her father and mother.

As the girl accosted her and asked if she wanted to play, it took Casey a little bit to respond as she was immersed in her reading, "Um," She said distracted, "sure?" She finished before she realized what she was saying.

OTHER
How did you find us? I aparated here :)

Pacifica Narcissa Paladin

(21/03/2015 at 19:39)
  • Junior Healer + Editor
  • Pretty Pink Cupcake
     C14D10T10S7
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile

Dear Miss Grace,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted!

Your admission is to our Elsewhere board, a fantastically diverse place that not only includes Wizarding London and Hogsmeade, but the rest of the magical world as well. We hope you feel free to explore it to your heart's content!

Cheers,

Cissy
CAME TO WIN, TO SURVIVE, TO PROSPER, TO RISE
'CAUSE I'M NOT A WORD, I'M NOT A LINE, I'M
NOT A GIRL THAT CAN EVER BE DEFINED
I'M NOT FLY—I'M LEVITATION

Tags: