We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Kora McCormick || Elsewhere Child  (Read 347 times)

* Kora Burke

(28/02/2022 at 20:55)
  • Fifth Year
  • C5D7T9S6
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Kora Grace McCormick

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Louis and Freya McCormick (Open/NPC)

Residence:
Godric’s Hollow

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Roisin Byrne, Willow Foxglove, Juliette Lisse

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
As the only girl in a family with four children, Kora Grace has always been given a bit more attention than her brothers. Sometimes she can appear to be a bit spoiled, but she doesn’t take things for granted like some may think. She’s a happy child, curious about the world and excited to grow up so that she can do whatever she wants.

Kora is close to all of the McCormick cousins as well. Having just moved to Godric’s Hallow from Norway, she is eager to make new friends and explore the area. She’s loves to learn everything she can about magic, mostly so she can try to prank her brothers (though her older ones are harder to prank than Thomas is).

All-in-all, Kora feels lucky to be in the family she’s in (even though sometimes being surrounded by so many boys is a bit overwhelming - and stinky).

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Kora turned the page in the book she was reading. It was her favorite book and even though she had every story in The Tales of Beedle the Bard memorized, she still loved to read it over and over. So that’s what she was doing on this sunny day. She was sitting underneath a tree in Godric Park - one of her favorite locations in Hogsmeade.

She smiled as she read the story about the warlock and his heart, finding this one in particular the most interesting. Kora loved the twist at the end where the warlock kills the maiden; she loved twisty things like that - the unexpected. Which is also why she loved pranking Jace, Tristan, and Thomas (her brothers). The older two were much harder to get because they were older than her, but Thomas was easy.

The yelling of a girl not too far off from Kora’s own age caused her to close her book. She looked up and saw a girl on a training broom, yelling angrily at someone on a real broom. Then she pointed straight at her and asked if she wanted to play. Kora looked the girl up and down a moment, then smiled and stood up.

“I love to run, do you love to run?” she asked, dusting herself off. Kora was a bit taller than the other girl, but she still thought they were about the same age. “Wanna race?” she asked, not waiting for a response to her first question, her eyebrow quirked up as if racing the girl was the only thing she wanted to do.

OTHER
How did you find us? Elisa!!!!

Marina Lamont

(16/03/2022 at 14:54)
  • Marine Magizoologist
  • C14D8T16S10
  • ['48-'49] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Accepted!
I put my armour on, show you how strong I am
I put my armour on, I'll show you that I am
— I'm unstoppable