We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Andrea Belisario  (Read 803 times)

Andrea Belisario

(22/08/2012 at 19:09)
  • 6th Year
  • C5D6T6S7
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Andrea Belisario

Birthday:  August 27, 1958.

Hometown: Undisclosed location, Amazon rainforest.

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):
 Charms

Year (pick two):
fifth-sixth
Biography:
Andrea is part of the chünü’ü (hummingbird) clan in Venezuela, a matriarchal society of pardo witches formed in the 1600s  to capture and enslave both American and European wizards, maintaining  that way the magic blood strong by avoiding in-breeding. The men of the clan (forced or born into it) are not allowed wands, and by extension, the use of magic which they believe is a privilege exclusive of women.
 Edgar Reinhardt, who was travelling across South America in the mid 1800s, was unfortunately captured by the chünü’ü, stripped from his wand and spent the rest of his existence as the spouse/slave of Genesis Belisario, dying in 1974, weeks before his 134th birthday.
Andrea, his great-grand daughter, helped clear up Edgar’s room after his death and found various letters and mementos from his life in England as a Reinhardt; knowing the man had not been allowed to write to his family in all the years he served the Belisario, she took it upon herself to write to the address of his letters informing whoever lived there now of the news, to her surprise she received a response from Grey Reinhardt, along with an invitation to the estate.
 Even if village laws didn’t forbid the women from leaving, the young girl had only left the village a handful of times for short trips with her mother Eugenia, who at first was completely opposed to the idea of her child moving to another continent, but finally agreed to let her go after a long series of begging and mild manipulation by pointing out that, despite the quality of her tutors, studying abroad offered better opportunities for her to develop as a witch and explore the world outside their small village.
They assured her everything would be taken care of and Andrea, both naïve and excitable, considered this to be the opportunity of a lifetime.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

House Request: (from first to last option) Hufflepuff>Slytherin>Gryffindor>Ravenclaw

Personality: somewhat arrogant yet sheltered, she understands not all places are like her village but is still unaccustomed to men using magic (or even talking in her presence for something other than asking how they could be of service). Might seem a bit cold or snobbish at first but in reality it’s mostly shyness due to not being used to this new environment and not being confident in her English, which is fine for the most part, but pronouncing charms is quite challenging (not to mention frustrating) for Andrea who also has a hard time admitting when she’s wrong or in trouble. 

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Where was the library supposed to be again?
Andrea Belisario’s shoes clicked loudly on the stone floor as she strode down a corridor, which to her looked just like all the other corridors in this castle – sure there was different pieces of artwork in each one but it was still quite easy to get lost in such a place.
Andrea didn’t want to admit she was lost, wouldn’t, she’d just keep walking in hopes of eventually stumbling upon her destination… but after walking pass the same fiddler painting twice, admitting it was quite mute at this point. The fiddler’s soft tune became melancholic as if to match the girl’s mood and she shot it a silencing glare in response before turning a corner.
She’d take pity from no one and nothing.
“If I only I knew how to conjure myself a map of this place…”
Picking up the sound of footsteps she quickened her pace, and at the call she ignored the girl suddenly following her; she didn’t want the girl discovering she was lost, it was embarrassing but since she couldn’t very well apparate or literally run away from the girl so in defeat she stopped on her tracks and allowed the other girl to catch up, her cheery smile and bright blue eyes the polar opposite of Andrea’s dark browns and deep frown.
“The paper you say?” brushing a brunette strand from her face she eyed the roll of parchment in her arms as she began her inquiry, “Frog legs for lunch… meh, heard of stranger things,” she shrugged, certain that most people would take the frog legs gladly over the alligator and iguana that was more suited to her culinary taste “Only downside I can see is pranksters making them dance across the table.” The idea of such a scenario tugging lightly at the corners of her lips.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): none

How did you find us?: the owner of Ignatius Hallows summoned me!

J. Walsingham

(22/08/2012 at 20:35)
  • Gryffindor House Head
    • View Profile
Hey hello there!

First off, welcome to the site! It's always lovely to see new members, especially when the application is so creative.

That said, we're afraid we're going to have to ask you to tone down the biography a bit - is there a way to edit your character's past and background without using the human slavery or implied rape? It's just that we do have site ratings here to accommodate our younger writers, and while we do acknowledge that there are diverse magical communities across the world, it's a little bit too much of a stretch at this point, especially when RPing also involves some compromise to make sure the other players have a good footing on how interactions might go.

Please repost your application with the edited biography here as a reply to this thread and we'd be happy to take a second look!

-- Wally.
{{may you live in interesting times.

Andrea Belisario

(23/08/2012 at 17:30)
  • 6th Year
  • C5D6T6S7
    • View Profile
Hello!

Thanks for the welcome, and I apologize, re-reading my application I can see how (even if only implied) the slavery and rape might be a bit too much for young/sensitive eyes, perhaps this "toned-down" version is more appropriate?

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Andrea Belisario

Birthday:  August 27, 1958.

Hometown: Undisclosed location, Amazon rainforest.

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):
 Charms

Year (pick two):
fifth-sixth
Biography:
Andrea is part of the chünü’ü (hummingbird) clan in Venezuela, a matriarchal society of pardo wizards formed in the 1600s .
 Edgar Reinhardt, who was travelling across South America in the mid 1800s, came across the village of the chünü’ü, which had developed into a true racial melting pot in the 200 years since its founding. Exploring the village he came across Genesis Belisario, a squib that he eventually grew quite fond of; knowing he’d never be able to bring her to his family he decided instead to marry Genesis, take her name as his own and live in the village with her, leaving his past life as a Reinhardt behind him. He finally died in 1974, weeks before his 134th birthday and several decades after his wife’s death.
Andrea Belisario, his great-grand daughter, helped clear up Edgar’s room after his death and found various letters and mementos from his life in England as a Reinhardt hidden away; neither Edgar nor Genesis ever mentioned his former life to their offspring so it came as a bit of a shock, Andrea took it upon herself to write to the address of his letters informing whoever lived there now of the news, to her surprise she received a response from Grey Reinhardt, along with an invitation to the estate.
 Being homeschooled her entire life, the young girl had only left the village a handful of times for short trips with her parents, who at first were completely opposed to the idea of their child moving to another continent under such suspicious circumstances, but finally agreed to let her go after a long series of begging and mild manipulation by pointing out that, despite the quality of her tutors, studying abroad offered better opportunities for her to develop as a witch and explore the world outside their small village.
The letters assured her everything would be taken care of and Andrea, both naïve and excitable, considered this to be the opportunity of a lifetime.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: (from first to last option) Hufflepuff>Slytherin>Gryffindor>Ravenclaw

Personality: somewhat arrogant yet sheltered, might seem a bit cold or snobbish at first but in reality it’s mostly shyness due to not being used to this new environment and not being confident in her English, which is fine for the most part, but pronouncing charms is quite challenging (not to mention frustrating) for Andrea who also has a hard time admitting when she’s wrong or in trouble. 

Appearance:

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Where was the library supposed to be again?
Andrea Belisario’s shoes clicked loudly on the stone floor as she strode down a corridor, which to her looked just like all the other corridors in this castle – sure there was different pieces of artwork in each one but it was still quite easy to get lost in such a place.
Andrea didn’t want to admit she was lost, wouldn’t, she’d just keep walking in hopes of eventually stumbling upon her destination… but after walking pass the same fiddler painting twice, admitting it was quite mute at this point. The fiddler’s soft tune became melancholic as if to match the girl’s mood and she shot it a silencing glare in response before turning a corner.
She’d take pity from no one and nothing.
“If I only I knew how to conjure myself a map of this place…”
Picking up the sound of footsteps she quickened her pace, and at the call she ignored the girl suddenly following her; she didn’t want the girl discovering she was lost, it was embarrassing but since she couldn’t very well apparate or literally run away from the girl so in defeat she stopped on her tracks and allowed the other girl to catch up, her cheery smile and bright blue eyes the polar opposite of Andrea’s dark browns and deep frown.
“The paper you say?” brushing a brunette strand from her face she eyed the roll of parchment in her arms as she began her inquiry, “Frog legs for lunch… meh, heard of stranger things,” she shrugged, certain that most people would take the frog legs gladly over the alligator and iguana that was more suited to her culinary taste “Only downside I can see is pranksters making them dance across the table.” The idea of such a scenario tugging lightly at the corners of her lips.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): none

How did you find us?: the owner of Ignatius Hallows summoned me!

* Meriwether Throckmorton

(23/08/2012 at 23:05)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile

Miss Belisario,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted.

Term begins 01 September. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus. Your admission is joint for both the school and the summer campus, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Regards,

Head of Ravenclaw
Your arms wrapped around home
◦  A l l   t h e   i n - b e t w e e n s   ◦
Lay so blue beside me
◦  W e   f e l l !  ◦

Tags: