We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Belinda Sparkle  (Read 955 times)

Belinda Sparkle

(01/08/2012 at 08:45)
  • 6th Year
  • C6T7D5S6
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:Belinda Sparkle

Birthday: February the 8th

Hometown:Rural Victoria, Australia

Bloodline:
Muggleborn with muggle born grandmother

Magical Strength (pick one):
Transfiguration

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two): Grade 6 or 5

Biography:
Belinda is a Muggle-born Australian witch, who grew up on a farm and has no experience with large amounts of people. When she was eleven she received her Hogwarts letter but also received one from the Australian institute of magic, because she was so young her parents decided it was better that she stayed in Australia. After completing three years of schooling at the institute she made the decision to leave Australia and go to England, this was not an easy one and her parents were unhappy about her decision to go. At first her parents were worried after learning their daughter was a witch, they thought it was some kind of joke, but soon realised that Belinda being a witch explained a lot of things. Belinda’s parents were shocked to learn that Belinda’s grandmother is also a Muggle born witch but has been in hiding this secret for her entire married life, not even telling her daughter (Belinda’s mother). After being top of her year throughout her education in Australia, she wanted a challenge and Hogwarts sounded like a great idea. When she first came to England she had no idea how many people would be going to her school, the institute was half the size and only had two houses. Her sorting was an almost hung hat (she could have been sorted into Ravenclaw or Gryffindor) and in the end she was sorted into Gryffindor. Being equal top with a few other students across years 4 & 5, she has made a few enemies both in the class room and on the Quidditch field. Growing up on the farm she is athletic and able to adapt quickly, loyal to the core to her friends and house, she finds herself struggling to keep everyone happy and herself. 
Belinda wants to what she can to benefit both her house and her school. She has a soft spot for the underdog as she was one when growing up (suffering from asthma since she was a child people were very narrow minded where she lived and thought they would catch it) defending anyone who deserves it and using her head instead of her fists. Belinda’s aim while at Hogwarts is to have a leadership role (prefect or head girl) as she has many leadership qualities and strives for excellence. She is also musical and wants to start a group or band. Belinda is also feminist (trying to set up an all-girls Quidditch team) and doesn’t see the point in divination even though her grandmother was especially talented at it. Loyal and chivalrous to the core, Belinda will whatever she can to help her house and her school.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:
Gryffindor
Personality:Belinda can be very head strong and stubborn when she knows she’s right. She’s hard working and loyal but sometimes being too loyal gets her into trouble. She’s both intelligent and sporty but doesn’t cope well in large crowds. On a good day everyone will know that it is a good day, but on a bad day she may take things out on people or try to stay away from happy people. Belinda is also a perfectionist but somehow very messy. She hates selfishness and attention seeking exceptionally towards boys. She’s not afraid of the dark, just what’s in the dark.   

Appearance:
Belinda is very comfortable in her own body and is very self-conscious sometimes about pimples and even the smallest problem. She has straight brown and is of normal stature with an athletic build. She doesn’t have any freckles and has a perfect complexion, with very rosy cheeks. She takes great pride in her green eyes which no one in her family except her grandmother has. She dresses very plainly and usually wears her hair in a neat bun, without a hair out of place. But when invited to she will transform into a beautiful women not caring what anyone thinks.
→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

“Sorry I bothered; if that’s the way you’re going to act” Belinda Sparkle the seeker for the Gryffindor team was standing before James. Arms crossed around the pile of books she was carrying, this girl was a legend. Not only was she a total nerd but also a heck of a player on the Quidditch pitch.
“Look James I don’t want to upset you I was just going to give you a few pointers,” seeing that James wasn’t saying anything she continued. “Walk and Talk?”
As the two set off down the corridor towards the library Belinda explained what went wrong and that it wasn’t his fault at all. Sure he had missed the winning shot but he had in fact set up a lot of play through the game. When they reached the library she led him towards the sports section and instructed him to read a few of the books.
Once she had finished studying she returned, expecting to find James long gone but in fact he was still there. As she walked closer he raised his head.
“See even the best sporting stars made mistakes when they were younger and still do at the peak of their game; you have all the time in the world.”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):none

How did you find us?: google

J. Walsingham

(01/08/2012 at 13:13)
  • Gryffindor House Head
    • View Profile
Hey hello!

The app looks great, but if you could make one small change, that would be lovely. In your RP sample, you can only control Belinda's actions, not James'. For example, if I said:

Wally walked down the hall with James, talking as they went.

That would be considered powerplaying, or me making James walk with me without permission, which we try to avoid here. However, if I had said:

Wally turned to walk down the hall, hoping that James would follow.

That wouldn't be powerplaying and would be fine. If you could edit your RP sample so that you are only controlling Belinda's actions and not James', and repost the application here as a reply, we'll take a second look!

-- Wally.

Belinda Sparkle

(02/08/2012 at 00:23)
  • 6th Year
  • C6T7D5S6
    • View Profile
“Sorry I bothered; if that’s the way you’re going to act” Belinda Sparkle the seeker for the Gryffindor team was standing before James. Arms crossed around the pile of books she was carrying, this girl was a legend. Not only was she a total nerd but also a heck of a player on the Quidditch pitch.
“Look James I don’t want to upset you I was just going to give you a few pointers,” seeing that James wasn’t saying anything she continued. “Walk and Talk? I’m on my way to the library”
As the Belinda set off down the corridor towards the library hoping that James would follow, Belinda explained what went wrong and that it wasn’t his fault at all. Sure he had missed the winning shot but he had in fact set up a lot of play through the game. When she reached the library she invited him to read some of the books in the sports section.
Once she had finished studying she returned, expecting to find James long gone but in fact he was still there. As she made her way to the owl tower she pulled out a piece of parchment and attached it to one of the owls. Putting James’s name on the front she let the owl fly out the window.
‘See even the best sporting stars made mistakes when they were younger and still do at the peak of their game; you have all the time in the world. Belinda’

Margot Lecuyier

(02/08/2012 at 13:14)
    • View Profile
Hi Belinda!

This looks better - just one thing:

In this, we want to give James a chance to react. Ending it at "walk and talk?" gives James a chance to respond, and doesn't skip ahead in the thread leaving him in the dust.

If you could repost your application with the RP revised, we'll be glad to take another look!

Thanks,
Mae
t w o r a v e n s i n t h e o l d o a k t r e e
one for you and one for me
b l u e b e l l s i n t h e l a t e d e c e m b e r

I   S E E   S I G N S   N O W   A L L   T H E   T I M E .

Belinda Sparkle

(02/08/2012 at 23:39)
  • 6th Year
  • C6T7D5S6
    • View Profile
“Look James I don’t want to upset you I was just going to give you a few pointers,” seeing that James wasn’t saying anything she continued. “Walk and Talk?"

* Meriwether Throckmorton

(03/08/2012 at 07:09)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile

Miss Sparkle,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted.

Term begins 01 September 2012. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus. Your admission is joint for both the school and the summer campus, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Regards,

Ghost of Ravenclaw
No light, no light in your bright blue eyes-
I never knew daylight could be so violent!

● ● ●

Tags: