Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Vienna Applesnow  (Read 710 times)

Vienna Applesnow

(19/07/2012 at 17:11)
  • 5th Year
  • C5D4T5S6
    • View Profile

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Vienna Applesnow.

Education: 
Schooled in the Nonpareil Compound
Beauxbatons Academy- Expelled in the middle of fourth year.

Residence:
Currently spending her days in the Nonpareil Compound, terrorizing the servants and trying her best not to murder anyone.

It's proving to be difficult.

Former student of Beauxbatons Academy. Connoisseur of the fairer sex. Unstoppable talking machine. (Unproven) world record holder for coffee consumption.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Not at all.

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 4.
  • Transfiguration: 4.
  • Divination: 3.
  • Summoning: 5.
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
She's part of the Nonpareils! Kieran Cherrywell, Aries Applesnow, Ursula Cherrywell, Cinderella Applesnow.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Rachael Lynn Yang.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Up until the age of fourteen Vienna had a typical Nonpareil upbringing; or at least, that was what it appeared to be on the surface. One of the middle children of numerous siblings, she tended to be left to her own devices a lot, with books and music to keep her company. Through wider reading and a naturally rebellious nature, Vi quickly learned to question their obsession with blood purity and her family's less favourable treatment of girls, simply because nobody asked when and where they were to be born. In early childhood she had voiced these questions and had been frequently shot down, without an answer that could satisfy her.

Luckily or unluckily for her, Vi had never been one to take these things lying down.

Belligerence, arguments, and speaking out against their teachings soon followed, with constant punishment to boot. She had seen the inside of that one dark room too many times to even fear the haunting blackness, and soon developed a sarcastic, wisecracking edge to her personality. Weakness was quickly weeded out and replaced with a biting bluntness, and she came to realise that they wanted to see her crack and show weakness, emotion of any sort, perhaps even remorse. Vi, being Vi, wasn't going to give them any of that, and was both secretly disappointed and glad when she realised her mother had largely given up on trying to talk sense into her.

After being struck down with a mysterious family bug after her first year of Hogwarts, she was forced to follow her brother Aries to the seaside where they recovered and bonded over their isolated state. This was probably one of the more interesting years of her life; she had previously resented her brother for being the golden boy, the perfect child, and while they still did not see eye-to-eye on some matters a bond had managed to be forged. She realised the importance of companionship, and learned to care for the boy.

It was truly no surprise to her when she was sent to Beauxbatons after recovering, in an attempt to fix her attitude. However at Beauxbatons she found an ally in her cousin Ursie, whose girl-chasing, constant pranking antics Vi not only encouraged, but actively condoned-- she was just glad to have someone else who didn't fit into the cookie-cutter mould that her family had set for them, and frankly, she had been more than happy to be expelled in the middle of her fourth year.

Simply for a job well done. No big stinkin' deal about it.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
It had been a rather uneventful Friday morning at Vi's favourite bookshop, a quiet, off-the-beaten-path little outlet near a side street of Diagon Alley. The girl had been in a corner curled up with a crappy adventure story about some warlock's hairy beard, and she could come up with at least ten other things that were hairy about the guy on the fly judging by the descriptions.

In short, boring as all hell. The girl got up from her seat, ready to leave-- she was going to get herself into trouble with the famjam for disappearing again but who cared at this point, really? But then she felt a tug on the hem of her shirt, and whirled around to face the person that had addressed her; a pipsqueak that could only have been four or five at most, complaining about how she was so not lost or scared or anything, boo hoo, cry her a vial of tears so she could bottle it up for a potion or something. The blonde rolled her eyes, folding her arms as she paused in her tracks.

Freaking kids needed to learn to watch where they were going or they were going to get themselves into even more of a mess. Not that the entire construct of childhood wasn't messed up as all hell as it was, but wasn't as though Vi really gave a damn about the little boxes society liked to stick people into. She'd always been one to shake things up, punch them around, screw with them a little, before smashing the entire idea of stereotypes in the face.

Society told you that you were supposed to be nice to little kids, and to help them out when they were in trouble.

But then again, Vi had never really been very good at doing what she was told. She raised a brow.

"Whoa kid, you do realise that you're in the middle of some serious adult stuff here. You could get yourself kidnapped or packed in a suitcase and sent to Timbuktu or something. Life-shattering matters we're talking about, you know. Waltz into the middle of these places--"

She paused, studying the girl's expression, and felt her insides wrench. Social constructs or not, this was a freaking kid. Some stupid scared little girl with a puffskein that had more courage than she di--

... Fine. Maybe she'd help out. Just this once.

"Aww fine, clearly you aren't going to survive without my divine intervention. Sent from the angels or something, that's what I am." Vi rolled her eyes, her insides melting a little at the sight of her new companion. Not that she would ever admit that to herself, of course. "Now tell me where in this blasted place you live so I can send your little self packing home back to where you'll be safe."

OTHER
How did you find us? Recommendation ; Juniper Kedding, Charles Kedding/Robert Oliveroot

* Meriwether Throckmorton

(19/07/2012 at 22:41)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile
Accepted!
No light, no light in your bright blue eyes-
I never knew daylight could be so violent!

● ● ●

Tags: