We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Landon Primrose  (Read 813 times)

Landon Primrose

(11/07/2012 at 08:47)
  • Primrose Co., Owner
  • C8D8T8S8
    • View Profile

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Landon Primrose

Education: 
Hogwarts

Residence: 
Muggle London

Shopkeeper

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 8
  • Transfiguration: 8
  • Divination: 8
  • Summoning: 8
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
None

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
The Turner family had been a pureblooded English family for generations. Until the day when Maria Primrose married Justin Turner. The family was in shock as the pair meekly walked forward to tell them the plans. They all knew it was coming, they all knew that Justin would be the one to break the great chain. So they forced them out. Justin was no longer considered family and Justin couldn't take it. He missed his family even more than he loved Maria so he left her, pregnant and incapable to take care of herself.

Maria struggled, day to night, to take care of her unborn child until Landon was finally born. Justin knew of the birth, but didn't even stop by the small apartment to greet his ex-fiancé or his son. Instead, he left them and refused to acknowledge their existence.

When Landon turned five, he showed that he was capable of magic by elevating various kitchen utensils. Maria, being a Muggle, was surprised by the happenings, but forced herself to believe it was a dream.

They lived peacefully until Landon's eleventh birthday when a mysterious man knocked at their door.

He explained to them both that Landon would attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Shocked, they both replied with a blunt "no". Four days of tears and arguments passed until Maria finally agreed.

Landon's years at Hogwarts were quite lonesome. No one knew the shy Ravenclaw who didn't seem to fit in. He was left unnoticed until fourth year when a boy walked up to him and decided to befriend him.

He taught Landon all the tips and tricks of being a better person and how to look intimidating and tough. Landon became closer to the boy and by sixth year, the two were probably the coolest boys in class. Well, at least they thought so. Landon turned into a slight lady's man.

Once they graduated, they parted and Landon opened his own shop.

Roleplay

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
His work was over and it was time to go home.

Rubbing his temples in an avoid to relieve stress, Landon Primrose swiveled past his cluttered office room out to the main shop. Unlike his office, the shop was well kept and clean. Everything was where it ought to be and nothing was out of place.

Landon was just about to count the money he had earned for the day when the door slammed against the wall causing a small curse to escape his lips.

"We're closed." he said without turning as he resumed his trek to the register.

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

Sambunwhat? Landon acknowledged the childish voice and spun around to see the young girl. She looked frightened as she pulled her small puffskein closer for comfort. If Landon had learned anything when he was younger, it was that young children didn't like to admit that they were scared.

"Yeah, yeah." he responded. "I'm sure your parents will came and get ya. What do they look like?" Landon grabbed his cloak from a rack and draped it across hisself.

SHOPKEEPER QUESTIONS
Answer these questions only if you are applying to be a shopkeeper as well.

Shop name: Primrose Co.
Shop Description (200 words minimum): A two-story building with four windows on each floor. It is made only out of white marble and three marble steps lead up to the door which is a beautiful, smooth wood painted white. Once inside, a clean area surrounds you. Shelf upon shelf of books are displayed along with a small counter with a cash register. Primrose Co. hangs above it in silver letters.

What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun?
Primrose Co. is a book publishing company. They sell the books they publish in the store and if you find it anywhere else than it isn't the real thing. Primrose Co. could be a fun place to roleplay for the simple reason that Landon, the owner enjoys keeping it clean and free of mess so footprints and other dirt would annoy him.

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

* Meriwether Throckmorton

(12/07/2012 at 01:03)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile
Approved. Your shop may be found on the Elsewhere board under Diagon Alley.

Let me know if you'd like it to be somewhere else!
« Last Edit: 12/07/2012 at 01:10 by Meriwether Throckmorton »
Your arms wrapped around home
◦  A l l   t h e   i n - b e t w e e n s   ◦
Lay so blue beside me
◦  W e   f e l l !  ◦

Tags: