Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Matthieu DuPont  (Read 851 times)

Matthieu DuPont

(30/06/2012 at 19:48)
  • C8D11T7S6
    • View Profile

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Matthieu DuPont.

Education: 
Durmstrang Institute 1939-1945

Residence:
Matthieu currently lives in a gorgeous chateau in Wizarding Paris, with his wife and children, but is thinking of relocating so he is closer to work and to let his wife help run a theatre, like she's been dreaming of for years.

Muggle French Government 1945 – 1950
Head of Apparition Test Center 1950 - Present

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Ministry of Magic

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 8.
  • Transfiguration: 8.
  • Divination: 11.
  • Summoning: 7.
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
N/A.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
James Mann, Anton Petrov, Maria Callaghan, Robert Lake Senior/Junior.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
At a young age, Matthieu knew that he was different. He grew up in a small town that seemed to always have odd things happen in it, from fires suddenly being put out, to moving pictures in newspapers. No other town had those nor did they have people dressed up in silly hats and long billowing cloaks.

When it came time for his parents to finally reveal that the entire town was filled with wizards and witches, Matthieu had already guessed that he was magic, and when he was old enough, his parents sent him off to the Russian school Durmstrang instead of the French school Beauxbatons because they found that Beauxbatons was just to feminine for him.

At Durmstrang, Matthieu made friends, a few enemies (of course that was just childish fighting) and a few romances along the way. After Durmstrang, he had a romance with one girl, a Vera Asmik and he found a very lucrative job with the Muggle French Government.

One night, in 1949, he took Vera to see one of his favorite plays, Phantom of the Opera. He had heard from his friends that the lead in the play was a very gorgeous woman. With power from his job he was able to get backstage passes for after the show for him and his current date. The play was amazing, and his friends had not lied about the lead.

Telling Vera he was suddenly feeling ill, he snuck off to the back before the play ended and upon seeing Elodie, the beautiful woman before him, Matthieu knew that he was in love. Matthieu left Vera the next day, claiming in good old break up fashion “it’s not you, it’s me” before he asked Elodie out.

A few years later in 1953, after a whirlwind engagement, the two of them finally tied the knot, much to everyone’s happiness. When their daughter Charlotte came along, Matthieu thought he couldn’t get any happier, until more children showed up.

When Charlotte almost drowned in their pool, Matthieu knew that he had to show her how much he really cared and to not have her do something as silly as swimming ever again. He showered her in the finest gifts that money could buy. He bought her paints, brushes, canvases, toys, clothes, everything and anything that would make her happy and keep her from causing harm to herself.

Now that life has finally started to settle down for Matthieu, he finds that his life is almost perfect. He sits with his wife in the mornings and drinks coffee while reading the newspapers before heading off to work. He showers his children in praise and in gifts, both muggle and wizard gifts any chance he gets, and makes sure that his wife is the happiest woman alive.

There is never a day that Matthieu looks back on and doesn’t find something good about it, and he always looks to the future knowing something amazing is coming around the corner. 

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
Matthieu was working late, in fact everyone was in the office, which for such a slow day was odd. But things had to be done and people had to do them. Rubbing his eyes he stood up as he walked to the secretary’s desk, a pile of papers in his arms that the woman would need to make sure got filed properly.

He vaguely recalled hearing the door open but it didn’t register in his head until he felt a small little hand tug on his pant leg. Looking down his heart almost broke as the girl hurriedly explained her problem.

A small child and a wizarding pet in a muggle government office, at least the giant ball of fur looked like a very shaggy dog. Frowning, he knelt down and looked at her, “How about we go back outside and we find your parents together?” He asked the small girl before looking up.

All of his muggle co-workers were staring at him and especially at the ball of fur that was purring. This would have to be reported to the ministry. Someone had to come and fix this. Standing up, he took the girl’s hand, “Come on, let’s go little one.”

* Meriwether Throckmorton

(30/06/2012 at 20:54)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile
Hello! You are accepted, but please revise your levels so that they equal to 32.

Thanks!
No light, no light in your bright blue eyes-
I never knew daylight could be so violent!

● ● ●

Matthieu DuPont

(30/06/2012 at 21:36)
  • C8D11T7S6
    • View Profile
I am very sorry!

Charms: 8.
Transfiguration: 7.
Divination: 11.
Summoning: 6.

Thank you for accepting me!

* Meriwether Throckmorton