Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Demetri Draginoff; Professor And Quidditch Player?  (Read 895 times)

Demetri Draginoff

(05/04/2012 at 03:43)
  • Azkaban Inmate
  • C9 D6 T8 S6
    • View Profile
[/center]

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character name: Demetri Yuri Draginoff.

Previous and/or Current Character(s) if applicable: Demetri Yuri Draginoff, Gau Loki Draginoff, Elena Draginoff, Phaedra Draginoff, Sean Duke Wayne Ellwood-Luxe (If you want this info kept private, you may PM it to an admin.)

Character age: will turn 19 during the school year i]

Character education: Hogwarts Class of 73, Freshman Dublins Finest night classes on weekends

Strength and weaknesses (details please): Animagus potion has given him a bit of noterity in the potions making world which in turn has given him a few contacts that he can call up on for questions if need be, Demetri has a working knowledge of the black arts, That knowledge however doesn’t have to be either strength or weakness and will change according to whom you ask. Demetri has had anger issues in the past though hes mostly in control of them now, Demetri also has problems with authority figures that he doesn’t beilve earned their positions, Demetri also takes his work very seriously to the point that sometimes he forgets about the little things in life. Also of note is the fact that Demetri Smokes when not around children like a chimney as he has developed addiction to cigarettes. Demetri also has a sleeping disorder that prevents him from sleeping, something close to insomnia, at most he might sleep 4 hours a day.

Physical description: Demetri Stands 6’6, Demetri weighs just over 250 pounds, Demetri wears his hair short now-adays since he has started to compete in the Professional Quidditch Matches, his hair is black, and seems to have a raven like sheen to it, his eyes are an sapphire blue. Like many Professional athelites he works out often, and his muscles appear to be in top shape, though it is unknown whether or not that has come from the use of some type of potion, after all when your as busy as he is, you can’t work out as often as you need to.   

Personality (nice, rude, funny etc. Paragraph please.) Demetri is well Demetri, it is hard to explain exactly what he is like without meeting him, at times he can be rude crass, and very mean. At other times he can be quite reclusive and unassuming, and still at other times he can appear to be the perfect gentleman. All of these things tend to depend greatly on the situation and what he feels he must do.

Hopes and dreams. Why are you teaching at Hogwarts?: One day after I retire from the League, I want to have a potions lab, and perhaps teach college level potions, at the moment I am happy to simply be teaching something, and learning from all the other professors around me, I learn best from seeing and doing, not from books, though I did have to read quite a few of them in order to pass so many NEWTS. Why I am teaching is because I have several hero’s in my life, and all of them have worked at Hogwarts as a teacher of some kind, and they taught me many things, I think that I should give back to those that are coming up, and make sure that they have good people around them.

Biography.
 Demetri  didn’t have a bad childhood, it was rather great, his Mother was always there for him, and though his father was away a bunch he knew that he loved him in a way that all children could discern. His wand was something that he treasured, as was the time his Mother spent with him teaching  him magic, she taught him how to make pretend fireflies with little lights, it was a special time, but like all such times in ones life they fade at best, or are destroyed at worste.
       Sure was what happened to Demetri, he was sent off to Dumstrang Academy at the age of 11, once there he realized why his father had always taught him how to act, and what to say, and who to be, there were so many people there, and so many of them wanted something from him. It wasn’t a bad time in his life but at the same time it wasn’t something that he really enjoyed all that much. Life went on, he came home for holidays and never missed his mothers birthday, even if it meant that his father came for him one day a year, such was his lot in life and he was appeased with it, after all, all things changed.
Then came the day that would live with him for all eternity, till the light left the sun, and the stars stopped shinning, his mother died, it was horrible, and even more traumatic for his father though he wouldn’t know this for a very long time. Everyone of his fathers immediate family was gathered together, a great spell was enacted and the family manor was moved, and they resettled in Scotland, they government there was kind enough to take him in, and never really asked for information about the communist regime unless it was volunteered , this was a time in his life that he wasn’t quite sure what he was supposed to do. His mother was dead, his father was more distant than his former home, and everyone walked softly, if it hadn’t been for Grand Sire he might have fallen even further into depression than he had. 
His time spent at Hogwarts wasn’t exactly something that he at first treasured, friends from dumstrang appeared infrequently and he made friends with his roommates, they had been together since their first year so it was a bit of the odd man out syndrome he had going on but that wasn’t exactly something that he was worried about, he was however caught on campus blind stinking drunk, his depression was to the point that he was doing everything self destructive that one could possibly do in a short amount of time, that didn’t change him overly much. He got in trouble of course, and it was a very fitting punishment, this started a time in his life that could best be destribed as lashing out at the ‘man’, during his 5th year he officially held the title of most time spent in detention, he breathed it, ate during it, and did all of his homework and other progects during it. 5th year was a time when he spent almost no time sleeping, and it was also when he developed his sleeping disorder, he just couldn’t sleep, it was that simple, at most he would ge 4 hours of sleep, and even then it wasn’t always consecutive hours at that. This problem haunted him throughout his school years, and even past them . The time was not only spent like this while at school, sadly 2 students were murdered during his 4th year and one during his 6th year, and the head nurse was almost killed during his 6th year as well. One might think that such things would affect Demetri adversely but that wasn’t true, at least not on the face that he showed to the public, he tried harder and did better and was made a prefect his 6th year, though for some reason they revoked the privelage during his 7th and final year, also a student he really never knew was made head boy, but that wasn’t his major concern, his concern was about potions and he had made his own. It was an Animagus potion and no one had the formula but him, and he was sure that no one could replicate it without his knowledge, he took his time with it, and with himself during this time,
Upon graduation Demetri spent the summer at the University in Scotland, and took more than 16 hours of class, one might ask how someone could do  so much school work, as well as play professional sports, it was simple for him really. He slept very little, and appearted between practice and school, and school and games as needed, it wasn’t that hard to keep hi scheduale straight, though he did take time off to visit the Summer camp, he also spent all of his time at home with his newly adopted daughter in his sights, and whatever the little princess wanted she got, includeing a duck, he wasn’t sure why she wanted such a strange creature but it appeared as if she liked them, and so the she got one.

ROLEPLAYING
(Please respond to to this in third person past tense. Do not write the other characters' reactions. Only your own.)

The Headmaster of Hogwarts was typically a firm, but reasonable man in most regards. His years as an educator had taught him no small amount of tolerance and patience in dealing with the turbulent teenage years of the most hot-headed, rebellious witch or wizard to grace the castle halls. He was quite scholarly and knowledgeable, albeit a bit eccentric on surface appearances, and his laid back manner usually had an effect on even the most savage beast… err student. In fact, for all intents and purposes, he was the voice of reason in a sea of calamity.

…Except in one very particular regard.

Today was the day he was scheduled to hold conference with the new professor who had just been hired. Normally, such trivial things like appointments didn’'t hold much sway over his daily activities as he marched to his own drummer - sometimes literally when the house elves were feeling musically inclined. However, nothing delighted him more than to engage in conversation with a fellow educator, espousing the virtues of their shared profession along with the rewards of learning in general. And in preparation for a most delightful chat, the tea tray had been polished to glistening radiance while a separate pot of his own beloved kaffe was set off to the side.

To top things off, as no detail was left unattended thanks to his ever faithful caretakers, all sorts of tasty treats had been arranged to curb the hunger of even the most finicky of faculty members. The centerpiece to all of this was a bowl of scrumptious, salty licorice treats to which the Norseman had been looking forward all throughout the morning.

Alas, as luck would have it, just before the start of the meeting Einar had been called away from the office due to reports of excessive owl droppings being sighted in the corridors. It had been a dreadful mess to square away, causing his return to be delayed. Yet upon his arrival, he stepped into the room with a smile to offer his greetings and apologies when suddenly it caught his notice that things were entirely amiss upon his desk. Someone had started the festivities without him!

His glance straying back and forth between the empty bowl and his new employee, a dark scowl is visible on his features as he asks, “"First, it was McStingy and now this! What in the name of Odin happened to my lakrits?"”

By the expression on his features, it is quite clear who he suspects to be the culprit of this dastardly crime. After all, who doesn'’t like salty licorice?

So… how exactly does one handle an irate Headmaster?

Roleplaying Response: Demetri wasn't sure what he was doing here, he wasn't sure that his application was even going to be looked at, let alone get an audience with teh Head Master. It wasn't like he was terribly qualified, he had some  college classes he was taking, and was going to continue that, but really what did he have to show for himself, he was a rising star, and he took classes. That wasn't enough to prove himself to anyone. People were starting to talk about him too, how the potion couldn't have been made by him or even close, which made him strive harder to be better, to be the best, to be what he wanted and had to be.

Demetri had no idea that his father had paid the school Governors alot of money to get him this chance, nor did he know that he had also made a large donation to the school as well, all and all Demetri was unaware of just how much his father loved him, and that this was the best he could do for his son. He couldn't take him in his arms and hug him, couldn't tell him that he loved him, couldn't be the father that Demetri had desperately needed, all he could was offer small things.

Being unaware of all this Demetri entered the room the find a bowl of candy, and started to nibble on them, he hadn't had lunch after all, and well, they tasted as if they were made far away, and reminded him a bit of home. Thats when he started to nibble away, and then before he knew it he had eaten them all. Hearing the Head Master he blushed, "I am sorry Sir, I, um, well that is. To be honest they reminded me of home for some reason.

In addition to posting a completed application in this forum, we also ask that you submit a PM to Professor Tibble with details of your class and with the lesson plans for that class (include at least a minimum of 4 lessons). Also, please be sure to check the Available Positions thread located in this forum to make sure the class you want is available before applying.

Tags: