We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Payton Anther Rose-Application  (Read 651 times)

Payton Rose

(02/04/2013 at 05:02)
  • Sixth Year
  • C8D6T8S7
  • Hyacinth - Most Sincere
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Payton Anther Rose

Birthday: September 9, 1927

Hometown: Alnwick, Northumberland; Britain

Bloodline: Halfblood
Magical Strength (pick one): Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination
Year (pick two): 1st year, 2nd year

Biography: I was young, younger than most when I discovered my magical heritage; about seven years old when the initial phases started. I’d been kept in the dark, my wizard father having died when I was just a year old. My mother, fearing I’d be a dark witch like my father regardless of my lack of exposure to his ways, hid me away from my homeland in America, where she had hoped I’d blend in nicely with the children. However, I had all the issues that young magical children have at my age with covering up my magic and she was forced to admit that I did, in fact, carry wizarding blood. She took me back to Britain and pawned me off on my aunt, Veronica, saying that she couldn’t deal with this sort of thing again, not after my father.

My aunt practically raised me; I was, after all, only seven, with no parents. I was a quiet child, unusually sensitive to what seemed to be expected, wanted…even needed from me and acted in such a way to please whoever I deemed deserved my actions. I never received my own wand, as my aunt was very poor, and got my father’s old wand, a family affair with rare wood and a rare core. As it turns out, my father had requested it especially be given to me when I showed signs of magic, as was my automatic application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, his old school. My aunt, who worked close to the castle as a barmaid, had brought me to the gates to look at it several times and I was utterly entranced by the magic I could feel whenever I got close to the place; I couldn’t wait to go.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Ravenclaw

Personality: Smart and quiet, I have a quick-silver tongue and a cunning personality worthy of a Slytherin but I treasure the acquiring and spreading of knowledge. I’m relatively good at the application of said knowledge, but that’s more in my blood than learned skill. That being said, I’d much rather write a report on the use of defensive magic, than demonstrate my capability before a crowd. I don’t have many friends and I tend to keep to myself but when I do connect with others, it’s for life. I’m very dedicated to those I care about and it would take nothing less than death to tear me from their sides.

I’m attuned to the thoughts and feelings of others and, while I don’t believe it’s a special skill, others disagree. I’m used to the simple things in life and have no patience for those who have money and no respect for their poorer counterparts. I also have an adamant dislike of bullies and those who use their status as a crutch or an advantage.

Appearance: I have short chopped black hair, the left side long around my chin and shortening as it goes around my head so that by the time it reaches the right side, the hair only comes to the tip of my ear. It is currently a jet black, but I have the tendency to alter the color several times, whenever the mood strikes me. I prefer to do it the Muggle way, with messy dies, because it allows me a chance to escape for a few hours. I’m very skinny, almost anorexic-looking, but I don’t mind it that much; I’m sure if I get in, Hogwarts will help me with that. My skin is pale, almost translucent and I have bright, intensely blue eyes. I’m rather short, only about 5’3’’ with a square-shaped jaw and a wide forehead. My nose is small in comparison to my face and my eyes are set deep into my face giving me a constantly tired look that runs in my family

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

Payton frowned as she settled into her seat in the Great Hall, shifting nervously and fingering her wand that was tucked protectively inside her robes. She’d been here about a week and the grandiosity still freaked her out and caused her to jump at every turn. House-elves cleaning up the dormitories, self-service at all meals and an utter lack of discipline for staying up too late at night…it was almost too much for her! Perhaps it was just her upbringing shining through but the dark-haired witch was waiting at every turn for everything to fall through; for the catch to appear.

Her anxiety was abruptly forgotten when sudden laughter and the loud sound of chanting. Her head lifted, and then her eyes narrowed as she took in the scene. Perhaps the chanters hadn’t meant to hurt that boy’s feelings, but she could tell, by the way he stomped angrily from the room, that they had. Regardless, it didn’t look as if he had anyone willing to go after him and comfort him, she’d just have to take up the job herself.
Slinging her back over her shoulder impatiently and nodding to her housemates who gave her strange looks, she swept after the angry Quidditch player, pausing to glare over at the chanters. Her footsteps echoed loudly in the hallway as she followed after him, nervously trying to find a way to interrupt his obviously angry tirade and announce herself.

The job was taken up for her as he whirled and spat angrily at her, causing her to startle backward and against the wall. Her eyes widened in surprise and then narrowed slightly in anger before she settled on a calm and empathetic look.

It took her a moment to realize what he was talking about: Quidditch. The match earlier had been a close one and, she guessed, he’d been the reason the reigning champs had lost their title. She had missed the match, the first one she’d missed thus far, in order to finish up an essay, so she’d heard second-hand about the loss. She stared at him, considering and patient, before she strode up closer to him and laid her hand on his shoulder.

“Well that’s one way to address a comforter…” She said with a small smile, holding up a hand to stave off any apologies or further comment. “I’ll only take a picture…if you’ll sign it for me…James right?” She chuckled and leaned against the wall beside him. “I’m Payton.”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): N/A

How did you find us?: Google

« Last Edit: 03/04/2013 at 13:50 by Ophelie Lecuyier »

Arianrhod Medraut

(02/04/2013 at 17:26)
Miss Rose,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 May, 2013. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
Arianrhod Medraut,
Professor of Divination

Tags: