We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: The Duelling Wands  (Read 157 times)

* Megan Dosselldorf

(26/07/2023 at 22:11)
  • Wandmaker and Potioneer
  • C6D13T6S7
    • View Profile
SHOPKEEPER PERMIT
You must have applied as an Elsewhere character before completing this permit.

Shop name: The Duelling Wands
Shop Type: Wandshop
Subforum? Yes please (shopkeeper subscription purchased on July 25)

Short Description (50 words max): A wand shop for all your wand based needs with high quality material. Ask for 'special services' to see the Potions you can request.

Long Description (200 words min):

The outdoors was still rather welcoming. The bricks are a rather pleasant looking yellow. And there is a wild garden.

As Megan opened the shop (which had been a rather cute home at some point), it was rather run down. The walls, even after being painted a rather black, seemed layered in dust.

The dust even glimmered as the sun streamed into the shop from the big windows.

There are no set hours or days for the shop, because Megan's schedule demands flexibility. During the summer though she is open absurd hours.

Everything was wooden in the shop. The floors were a beautiful brown chestnut. And the opening table that led to all the wand's and the register was made of Hawthorne. This area was uncovered, except for the register, a calculator and a notepad.

In one corner was a sitting area with comfortable plush chairs. And a chestnut coffee table. With coasters prominently featured. Beside it was a coffee pot. That was constantly being filled by Megan. And since she loves food, the place will often smell like whatever she had baked the night before and brought in.

Behind the register, there were ceiling length cabinets, filled to the brim with wand boxes. Each box had a meticulous label on it outlining the wood, core, flexibility and length.

In the former kitchen, which was marked as private, was Megan's working area to make wands. The table had all of Megan's tools. Beside the table was a filing cabinet stuffed with notes and wand lore books. All along the walls lined her materials.

A fake bookshelf conceals the stairs to the Potions area. Originally, it had been a shop owner's living area. But since Megan is living elsewhere, she turned it into her potions area. The area was far more run down, and rather dark. The walls were lined with bookshelves filled to the brim with ingredients of all sorts.

And the candron was front and centre of the area, surrounded on three sides by the workstation.

Once a month, Megan plans on hosting a coffee night in the shop where patrons could debate and discuss current events.

What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun?

I hope this shop will serve multiple purposes for people to RP with. There will be loads of opportunities for characters to buy wands, or get them repaired or decorated.

I will definitely have an option for new students to do their first wand threads (or once the shop is established, make it available for older students to go back ICly to do the thread. This was one of my favourite threads I did early on with Dylan, so I hope to be able to offer that.

Plus, I hope to be able to have characters work there after a few terms as the shop gets more established. There can be wand making apprenticeships, bookkeeping, and general shop workers.

In regards to Potions, the shop would run a seedy potions business upstairs. Interested customers can request Megan to make a potion for them (and she's willing to make whatever) or provide ingredients. I hope that this spurs on some interesting plots.

Outside of the wand and potions, Megan would host coffee nights where people could talk current events. (I would send in a request for this.)

Plus, I want the shop to progress over time, so it would be cool to have others involved in the progression of the shop.
even
put a
stopper

IN DEATH

* Benjamin Orellana Sr.

(01/08/2023 at 01:31)
  • Quidditch Referee
    • View Profile
This shop has been approved, added to the shops & shopkeepers roster, and added to the Diagon Alley Marketplace Directory.

Thank you for the Shopkeeper subscription purchase! The Duelling Wands subforum has been setup here!

Thanks!

Tags: