Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Arcelia Hunt  (Read 185 times)

* Arcelia Hunt

(02/01/2023 at 23:00)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D1T2S0
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Arcelia Grace Hunt

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Romero Hunt and Gracie Dhalia. They’re around but not played much currently

Residence:
London

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Calla and Company

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
3 March 1961
Arcelia is two

Romero Hunt never once thought about babies or children, anyone under the age of twelve, until he learned he’d be having one of his own. Having a child was so far from anything he saw happening in his life that he’d nearly lost his mind with the news.

Now here he was, two years and a lot of upheaval later, holding his daughter on the shores of a beach in Lancashire.

He wasn’t sure why he’d chosen this beach last year when he was looking for something to do for Arcelia’s first birthday. All he knew was that his little girl was stuck with him as a dad, a mother that had abandoned her and she’d forever live with a small heart defect that not even magic could completely cure when Arcelia had arrived months too early.

All he knew was that he wanted something that was just theirs; to show her he loved her despite any parenting skills he might be lacking in other areas.

15 December 1962
Arcelia is three

It was Thorne’s and Holly’s birthday. Her daddy said they were turning four, that was almost all the fingers on one hand! There was cake and other sweets and presents!

She had asked her daddy to get some paints because she had some at home and had fun with them all the time. Daddy didn’t even care when she got colours in places they shouldn’t be. She loved them and couldn’t wait to share them with, especially with Thorne.

While the twins were playing with some of their other toys, Arcelia got out her own paints and made a mess of a clean piece of paper and her fingers. The picture was a turtle, one of her favourite animals.

“Torne!” She wobbled her way over to him and gave him the picture. “For you!” Arcelia patted his hand as he looked at it and saw she left some paint on him.

“Uh oh. Dirty.” She looked at the mostly green splotches on his hand and then gave a big grin before pressing both her hands against his cheeks.

“I paint you!”

11 July 1964
Arcelia is five

“Daddy, I’m in love!”

Her daddy stopped and she was right behind me so she ran into the back of his legs.

”You WHAT?”

Her giant smile drooped into a pout. He didn’t use that voice unless she was doing something wrong. Except she was too excited and just one moment later her smile was back.

“There was a girl back there,” her little hand pointed back at the toy shop they had just left, “and her name is Aurora. You said that was another word for dawn when the sun comes up and that’s my favourite time of day.”

”Oh, you met a girl.”

“No, Daddy, silly. I met a sunrise!” She reached for his hand and swung their arms excitedly as they continued down the street.

3 November 1966
Arcelia is seven

The keys on the old piano, a piano which she’d painted pretty purple flowers all over before asking permission but Daddy hadn’t minded, strained harshly under her fumbling fingers. Between her clenched teeth a frustrated groan pushed out and she slapped her palms against the bench she was sat on.

”You don’t have to play. I’d never expect you to do something you don’t want to. I only learned as a way to escape my problems.”

Her daddy ruffled her long hair and kissed the top of her head as he walked by.

“But I do want to play. I love listening when you do and I wanna get that good too.” She lowered her gaze to the black and white keys, feeling slightly defeated, but she wouldn’t give up.

”Then you will. Just keep practising and don’t get too angry at yourself for mistakes. Who knows, maybe you’ll create a new genre of music.”

Her head turned and she returned the smile he was wearing. She had the best Dad in the world and she would play as good as him some day. Maybe he didn’t expect it but she knew how proud he’d be and she wanted that.

powerplay/character mentions approved by players

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
A park wasn’t the best place for painting. Mostly because she lost things a lot and if she lost her precious paints she would probably cry herself to sleep for months.

She was starting to see that her daddy had to work hard for what they had and she would be a terrible daughter if she lost something that probably cost tons of Galleons to replace. Arcelia didn’t want to make her daddy work harder than he already did.

So her paints and materials were left at home. That didn’t mean she couldn’t create something. Her fingers were digging through some sand and moulding it into different shapes. She was going to build a sand castle like her and Daddy did when they visited the beach every year.

She was going to build five towers and there’d be a bridge and thousands of windows because whoever lived in the castle would want to see outside from every corner. There’d be a massive garden with all kinds of plants and flowers because she would like that and she knew Aurora would too. There’d be–

"John, I said wait up!"

Her plans were distracted by a girl shouting and Arcelia paused for a moment to watch as some kids were flying. She wasn’t allowed to. Daddy said he worried about her heart and maybe she could try when she was a little older.

She turned back to her plans for a horse stable and a lovely pond with ducks and fish and swans beneath the bridge.

Arcelia’s head quickly lifted again at the harsh voice from the same girl yelling at the other kids. Her eyes narrowed on the girl, taking a moment to look her over and guess at the other girl’s intentions. Arcelia did not like when people were rude.

But she also didn’t like being mean for no reason.

“Want to help with one of the towers? I want them to be this tall,” her hand lifted to around her hip as a measurement before looking back to see if the girl was on board.

OTHER
The Google

* Sylvia Renn

(13/02/2023 at 05:10)
  • Department Chair at L'école Enchantons
  • C20D13T10S19
    • View Profile
Accepted!
you  /yōō, yə/ pronoun.
  a microscope through which I can see
  all the broken parts of me.

Tags: