Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Erys Reed  (Read 125 times)

* Erys Reed

(17/12/2023 at 16:48)
  • Second Year
  • C3D1T1S1
    • View Profile
Before you begin, please make sure you have created
an account in your character's full name, and make sure you have read and understand the following:

Site Rules | Magical Rules | Our Rating | FAQ

Should you have any questions, please contact an Administrator.

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Erys Lily Reed

Birthday: 1st Jan 1959

Hometown:Born/lived in Macclesfield, currently resides in Hogsmeade.

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two): First, second.

Biography:

Dear Whom It May Concern,

My name is Erys Lily Reed.

I am the elder daughter of Lia Adelaide Ayres and Henry William Reed. I was born on New Years Day 1959 and I will be starting Hogwarts with my twin sister in September 1970.

I am writing to you today because I would like to know the circumstances of my mother’s expulsion. My Aunt Alice won’t go into as much detail as we want because she’s worried that we’ll dob her in. We won’t - she forgets that she is the one who taught us ‘snitches get stitches and end up in ditches’.

Anyways, I’ll tell you what I know and you tell me what you know.

She made lots of potions that she shouldn’t have been making.
Nobody was smart enough to realise that a student was doing it, and so she wasn’t stopped.
There was no alternative punishment, she was expelled and left to continue alone.

My question is WHY?

I see lots of Hogwarts students in her and Aunt Alice’s shop so what she did couldn’t have been that bad that she isn’t allowed near children or to work in Hogsmeade. Pleeeease tell me. I won’t tell a soul.

(Bryony doesn’t count.)

Sincerely,
Erys Reed.

P.S. Please don’t tell my mum or dad that I wrote to you, or you will get me and Aunt Alice in trouble.

P.P.S Please let me do potions when I come to Hogwarts.

Erys Reed is a soft and quiet girl when first introduced. She is an observer and tends to hang back until she is sure of her actions and decisions. This is an opposite reaction to her twin, who is impulsive to her patience but also brave to her timidness. However, she can be just as loud and boisterous as her sister when she is comfortable and settled with people. She is calculative and has the ability to be sly if needed, though she tends to opt for subtle approaches to problems.

Her letter to the Headmistress, or to whoever would be reading it, stemmed from the insecurity that dug deep into her mind once she realised that she enjoyed potion making, just like her mother. It was mainly Bryony’s fault, mind, as the girl had a habit of trying to become the next great scientist and well, sometimes she needed Erys’ pair of hands to make an antidote or two without their parents noticing. Erys believes that if she showed this capability for the subject that got her mother expelled from school, she might raise some red flags. The only possible solution to this, apparently, is to find out what exactly mum did so that she could avoid anything similar at all costs.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:Surprise me?

Personality:
Tell us a bit about your character’s personality (likes, dislikes, fears, etc.) What are they like on a good day versus a bad one? Is your character particularly cheerful? Do they hate sunlight?

Erys is one half of a coin, and likes to think of herself with her sister in mind. She does not bother for the fight to be seen as separate in all things and this stems from the open and honest upbringing she has had with her family. The twins have always been Bryony and Erys, but they have also always been independently viewed. Clothing was not matching, gifts were specific and no assumptions were ever gave just because her sister liked/disliked something that she would too. If anything, this only made her want to be more like her twin because she had the security of being her own person with a built-in best friend. Of course, it helps that her sister is equally as pleased to have her around as Erys is her.

She supposed it might have something to do with the almost two dozen aunts and uncles she had, including a set of twins and triplets. Her dad’s side was BIG. Her mums.. Not so much.

With it being just herself, her sister, little brother and parents at home, Erys’ family dynamic went from chaotic and wild extended family get-togethers, to intimate book discussions and baking sessions. Erys felt like a book between two bookends, despite technically being the eldest child of three. Bryony was so much more outgoing and seen than she was, and she was fine by that. Arlo was their baby brother and had ricocheted off of every wall that had been their somewhat calm home as soon as he had been born. He was wild and rivaled Bry in many ways, but challenged Erys in lots of others. It was an almost perfect balance between the three of them.

Her overshadowing siblings did not cause outcomes like it could have, with unhealthy competition and growing loathing, but instead allowed moments of learning and love to take root. Bryony may be an extroverted mad scientist in the making, but she still dropped everything to huddle under the covers with flashlights and make-shift tents as soon as Erys suggested a new story idea.

Arlo was harder to pin down than a shadow on a cloudy day at times, yet he would still stop and sit on the counters in the kitchen to ‘taste test’ cookies or snuggle in for a nap whilst Erys read, in that annoyingly easy way that little siblings always tended to be able to, just as soon as the need to pee made itself known.

Her parents were never the type to make her want to change, either. It was almost embarrassing what a good relationship she had with her mum and dad, really. Her mother always knew when she needed the space, or a shoulder squeeze. Her father had the ability to tell when the situation required facts or a watered down version of the truth. Erys loves her family to the bone, and is definitely not scared to put that part of herself out there.

Appearance:
Briefly describe your character's appearance (hair color, build, stature, etc.) What effect does it have on their personality? For example, does the shy Ravenclaw girl secretly dye her hair black because she hates her natural blonde? Does the curly-haired Gryffindor use charms to hide his freckles?

Her dirty blonde hair is a shadow of her mums, even if Erys can sometimes be a tad envious of the brown that the male members of their family members shared. The common feature amongst them all are their eyes; varying shades of different blue tones. Erys’ could be mistaken for a light green in certain lighting, though they are very much the Reed blue.

Erys is pale, though not due to lack of outdoor time rest assured, and has always been a little bit taller than her sister. She stands at roughly average height for her age and still, those few centimeters she holds over Bryony may as well have been feet.

→ RETURNING STUDENTS.
Note: This section is only for students who have been previously played at Hogwarts. Please see here for more information about Castle Dropouts levels/how many levels you are eligible to claim.

Link to your last levels request (if you never posted one, link to your last accepted student application):

Number of New Levels Requested:

New Levels Request:

How your character kept up with their studies: Whether your character was still at Hogwarts or left school entirely for a while, tell us how they were able to keep up with their studies and learn about magic, which would allow their levels to keep increasing.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not Evangeline's or Hugh's.

Option I:

The dungeons. A place eleven-year-old Evangeline had not yet travelled since her arrival at Hogwarts.

A place she really was just fine with not knowing; but it was too late. The dare had been accepted, even if it had been done in fear of being kicked out of Gryffindor, like the older girls had said she would because Gryffindors were supposed to be brave.

The air changed instantly when she hit the main corridor of the dungeons. The dampness was almost too much for her and she instinctively took a deep breath to avoid the sensation of being suffocated. There was also a sour burning smell which Evangeline assumed was from many, many Potions lessons.

Further and further she walked, her steps so slow and gentle they made no noise against the stone walls and floor. The feeling that she wasn't alone crept up her spine and raised the tiny hair on the back of her neck. Shivering, Evangeline wrapped her arms around herself. Suddenly, she missed the warmth and comfort of the Gryffindor common room. The fire was always going and it made her feel at ease.

Why had she let those girls talk her into this? She was only eleven, she didn't have to be brave. Surely the Headmistress would not kick her out of Hogwarts for not being brave.

If only she had these thoughts while being dared to search for the ghost of one Emma Birch, whom supposedly haunted the dungeons. It was not, Evangeline had learned, the place where the sixteen-year-old girl's life had ended but as she had been from the house with a snake as its mascot, it was the place her spirit had returned to. That common room was down here somewhere, she'd been told.

Something - the small blonde girl wasn't quite sure what - but something made her stop in her tracks suddenly. There was a low, dull thumping noise. Or maybe that was her heart beating so loudly she thought it was coming from outside her body.

"H-h-hello?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

Remembering that she was supposed to be brave, Evangeline tried again.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

The sound of her own words bouncing back at her off the walls made her jump.

Roleplay Response:

The dungeons could do with a makeover.

That was the first thing she’d thought when she’d stepped foot into them. It had warmed on her since, despite not actually warming at all in the physical sense, and she had a fondness for its grungy and dark atmosphere.

That was not to say that she enjoyed roaming its halls when the kitchens, library or pretty much anywhere else was available. It was a shame that the potions classrooms were located down here. Erys had been cleaning up the cauldron after she’d been using it to practice the Cure for Boils potion they’d learnt the prior week. Her mum had always said to make sure they left somewhere how it was before, after they were done with it. All she wanted to do now was to go get something warm to eat, and perhaps spend some time with her sister so they could write their joint letter home.

A voice that certainly wasn’t her own had her pausing in her path, glancing from left to right in the muddle of corridors to guess which way it had come from.

“Uh, no, just me. Who are you?” Erys could’ve slapped herself after speaking, realising that whoever was near her probably would not know who ‘just me’ was. “Hold on, let me find you. Marco!”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous): Henry Reed, PJ Carter, Jasper Bishop & Evangeline Warwick etc.

How did you find us?: TopSites!

* Pythagorea Proud

(18/12/2023 at 23:29)
  • Deputy Headmistress
  • Arithmancy Professor
    • View Profile
Dear Miss Reed ,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins on 1 January. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Deputy Headmistress

Tags: