Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Transfer request-- Calliope Nightingale  (Read 708 times)

Calliope Nightingale

(28/12/2012 at 09:05)
  • Pub Singer
  • C8 D6 T7 S5
    • View Profile
    [/center]

Transfer Application

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Calliope Ariadne Nightingale

Birthday: October 31, 1923

Hometown: New York, New York, USA

Bloodline:
Halfblood/Muggleborn (daughter of a pureblood Squib and a Muggle)

Current Levels: C2D4T3S3

Current Year: Primary III

Year Requested: Troisième Année (3e)

Reason for Transfer:
Calliope is a budding author, and she wants to pursue her dreams at a school that can give her that.  Her father has scraped enough galleons together to allow her to attend Beauxbatons, provided she can get her grades up.  Although Calliope is smart, and rather talented, she slacks off in the subjects she found little use for (hence her low levels).  Perhaps, if her interests are met, she'll put a little more work into her studies.

Biography:
Born October 31st, 1923 in New York City, USA, Calliope is the halfblood daughter of Henry Nightingale (an American pureblooded Squib), and Margaret Killian (a Scottish Muggle).  There's a measure of sadness associated with memories of her mother, who was lost in the Time Warp, but she and her family only remember that she died.  Calliope is the oldest of two-- her younger sister Evalyn is eight years old.  Callie has lived in a city her whole life, from New York to Edinburgh as a toddler, back to New York, and most recently in Boston at Salem Institute.

Callie's family was never wealthy.  Her father Henry owns a muggle grocery in Manhattan, and while he has managed to stay in business due to wizarding sales of potions supplies during the Great Depression, he's still struggling to get his business back on track.  Neither of her parents were of magical blood, and while her mother Margaret was always aware of the magical world her husband came from, she rarely involved herself with such things.  As such, Calliope was raised very much a muggle child.  Her mother always taught her to keep her chin up even when times were hard; as such, Calliope adopted an eternally optimistic view on the world.

She began showing signs of magical ability very early, even when she was three years old.  The shock was incredible to her parents, who never expected that the magical abilities of Henry's side of the family would manifest in their children.  At age eleven, they enrolled her at Salem Institute in Boston.  She found very little for herself there, and spent the three years whittling away, doing little and passing few classes.  Her mind wasn't engaged with things like politics and medicine.  She wanted to be an author-- a novelist, someone who could make the stories in her head come to life... She begged her father to send her to Beauxbatons, but the tuition was far more  and the school too far away for travel costs to be effective. Finally, however, her father was able to scrape together enough money to let her go to France to study.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

[Beauxbatons] Ecole Request: Humanities

Personality:
Eternally optimistic and a lover of anything fun, Callie is all smiles and laughter.  She plays dumb, but the truth is that she's a very intelligent girl with more smarts than people give her credit for.  She likes to dress well, and she's definitely self-conscious about her appearance, but for the most part she's confident with who she is.  Callie is also a klutz-- she tried Quodpot once.  It was a disaster.

Appearance:
Flaming red hair, bright blue eyes. Slim, shorter in stature. Her clothes are very girly, but functional, and she prefers a pair of simple Mary-Jane shoes versus anything with a slight heel (except when she wants to dress up a bit).  Wears a healthy (but not overkill) amount of make-up, especially on her eyes.

Margot Lecuyier

(29/12/2012 at 15:32)
    • View Profile
Accepted!
t w o r a v e n s i n t h e o l d o a k t r e e
one for you and one for me
b l u e b e l l s i n t h e l a t e d e c e m b e r

I   S E E   S I G N S   N O W   A L L   T H E   T I M E .

Tags: