Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Cyrus Oceanus - Elsewhere Child  (Read 258 times)

Cyrus Oceanus

(18/03/2023 at 14:50)
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Cyrus Oceanus

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Not played.
Agrippa and Tabitha Oceanus

Residence:
Estate on the North coast of Brittany

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Lysander, Salazar, Bedwyr

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
14 February 1967
I am ten years old. It is a big responsibility. I promise forever and ever to do the right thing. Like Galahad. I don't always know the right thing because I'm still little and learning. I'm not big and clever like Galahad. It's okay to be little and learning. It is not okay to do the wrong thing.
I went and I asked Mother what to do when I didn't know what the right thing is. She said 'Do your best, Stormy'. That's good advice. Maybe one day I'll be clever enough to know how to use it. Then we went to the sitting room and she read to me from her new book of poems. Then we did the day's numbers. I'm getting kind of good at numbers now. It's all because of her. I have a really good mum.
I went and asked Father the same question as from before. He said that when I don't know, I should "Be patient. Wait until you know what you're doing". He said a lot more after that but I couldn't write quick enough to remember it all. Lots of stuff about responsibility. We have a reputation. Father knows all that stuff like the back of his hand so he's real good at saying it. One day I'll be patient enough to live up to the Oceanus reputation.
For lunch Rilgo cut up a whole bunch of fruits. I ate so much apricots. My belly hurts and I'm laying by the stream. After I went silly last month I'm not allowed to be by the water on my own anymore. Rilgo's watching me. He's got big orders to take me to my room if I put even a little toe in the water. He doesn't have to worry. I learned my lesson. Besides, I'm a big kid now. I am responsible.
Dinner was good. The Hammermeisters and Brosnans don't have kids so I didn't talk during dinner. Mr. Brosnan told Father he was impressed by my maturity. I grinned so big I nearly cracked my face in two. It took a bit to settle my face back to normal. I didn't understand the conversation apart from that. Lots of stuff about the ministry and import duties and something about Algeria. That's in Africa. Rilgo made roast goose and my belly hurts again.
I have to be in bed in five minutes so this will be my last birthday entry. Father took me to the observatory and let me look through his silver telescope. Stars are cool. Tomorrow I'm going to write him a letter telling him how grateful I am to have a dad like him. I will have to do it before breakfast because I have another big day tomorrow. It was a good birthday and I am very lucky.
-Stormy Oceanus

Roleplay Response:
They locked eyes. The girl seemed to vibrate with all sorts of enthusiastic energy. She had things she wanted.

"You!"

"Me!" Stormy tossed back playfully. His hands assaulted the air as if he were shocked to discover he were himself.

"...Do you want to play?"

"Do I want to play?" He scanned the lightglossed space. It didn't look like any quidditch field he'd seen. He thought for only a moment.

He wanted to read, or stitch, or do some herbcraft. He wanted to stare at the clouds. He wanted to get so good at gobstones that a person from the Prophet took his picture. He wanted so many things, including the knowledge of what the girl was playing and whether she was nice.

"I do want to play." Why should he attempt to conceal the surprise in his voice? He hadn't known he wanted to play until she'd asked and he'd thought. "Do you have spare broom?"

OTHER
How did you find us? Topsites

Calypso Ross

(30/04/2023 at 10:46)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Archiving as player has submitted a student application.
I'VE GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY
AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME

Tags: