Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Alexander Watson  (Read 1077 times)

Alexander Watson

(26/01/2015 at 04:35)
  • C9 D5 T9 S9
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Alexander Czerwaniw
Blood Status: Half Blood

Education: 
Hogwarts

Residence:
Baker Street, London

Occupation
None

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
I plan to become  a Auror at The Ministry

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.

• Charms: 9
  • Divination: 5
  • Transfiguration: [i9[/i]
  • Summoning: 9

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
My parents bought me up at their little home on Baker Street. My Childhood was spent going out to the fields practicing Quidditch with my father, learning to cook and repair clothes from my muggle mother and going camping. At the age of 5 tragedy struck where my mother was mugged and thrown in front of a train. My father became a major alcoholic up until the day I got my letter to Hogwarts where he decided to improve his life.
I was sorted into Gryffindor the same as my father and every week we would send notes to each over and he told me how he planned for us to travel in the summer. So we travelled across Europe seeing ancient cities and sights.
I went through school excelling in transfiguration and I developed a close bond with some of my friends. In my last year of school my father remarried and his partner fell pregnant. My step mother wished to move to France so her newly born daughter could study at beauxbatons where she went to school. So as I graduated I parted ways with my family, my father was deeply in love and couldn’t see with my reasoning not to move and my step mother who was only 10 years older than me saw me as an obstacle to stopping my father from remembering his past and old life.
Eventually, I lost contact with my father and I began my new life. I travelled after Hogwarts and got to go and observe the world for what it really was. Then I went to paris to try find my family to only find my step mother had performed a memory charm on my father and had erase me and my mother from his life replacing it with a past of having a terrible life in the slums being abused by people and she had rescued him. I had no money so I decided to work as a Bakers assistant for a year and learnt the secrets to making exquisite food.
At the age of 19 ¾ I went to my father and tried to restore his memory only to get in a fight with my step mother and in the cross fire of spells my father was hit by a spell and his memory was jogged and he started to freak out and my step mother left with the child . My father was taken to saint mungo’s hospital. I stayed working in paris or a while waiting for the UK lockdown to end when I received a letter from the hospital telling me that my father had been under a love potion. I then set off for a search for my step mother and her child which would never be able to love. The search led me into Germany where she had been having an affair with a Nazi Governor and I was arrested as I was told later as a favour for hear. I was taken to a camp where I was given the options die or to work on one of their labour camp I toiled away hard in the Alps building railways before one day in the dead of night an explosion went off killing the majority of the guard and leaving the door to where our wands were being stored burnt to the ground. I grabbed my wand and apparated back to Berlin to try and hunt down my Ex-Step Mother. I found on my arrival that she was now married to a millionaire her daughter had died.
I moved back to Paris and started working at the bakery again while waiting my time to move back to London. In late 1942 after the lockdown had finished I packed up my things and moved back in with my elderly and frail father. I told him about my adventures and what had happened to his ex-wife.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option Two -
The snow had been falling steadily all morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Joshua Campbell scrunched his face up in a frown as he lifted his gaze to look to the sky. Snow. It really was quite a bother.

And it certainly didn't make it better that Diagon Alley seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Joshua sighed and pointed his wand at the large box that was currently placed on the doorstep of his shop. He had to get going. He had an order to deliver.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The elderly man muttered and watched the box hover in the air for a moment. Honestly, did St. Mungo's really need that much tinsel? And with glitter of all things? He sighed again. If it hadn't been for the rather convincing stamp on the order, he would have been likely to believe it had been a prank by one of those orphaned rascals living up there. 

Oh well, there was no point in waiting. Joshua deftly stirred the box down the doorstep and out onto the street, carefully levitating it above the heads of the crowd.

"Coming through! Coming through!" His voice sounded over the chatter of the crowd. "Keep out! Move ahead! Go on!" This was going way too slow. People were in the way and walking like they had all day! He huffed. Luckily the road was down hill.

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. "I am so sorry! This blasted snow!" He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

Roleplay Response:
Alexander had just walked out of the Tavern before a hunched old man skidded down the cobble stone path and had smashed into his legs. Suddenly he toppled over and looked towards the man who was dusting himself off. He was covered in tinsel from whatever he had hovering above him. Alexander got to his feet and waved his wand and sent all the decorations into the little cardboard lying open on the ground. He flicked his wand and the box raise up and landed into the mans arms. "Don't worry, I just slipped earlier today. No Problem" He smiled as he replied and flicked the man a gold galleon before fastening his satchel and get ready to apparate

OTHER
How did you find us? Google
« Last Edit: 26/01/2015 at 23:54 by Alexander Watson »

Charles Kedding

(26/01/2015 at 22:23)
  • Adult
  • C10D6T7S10
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Donor
    • View Profile
Hello Alexander!

Your application looks fantastic, and I can’t wait to see Alex in action. There are only a few details I’d like you to address before we accept your application!

First, for your levels, we ask that there is a relatively even distribution across the four categories. Of course, characters are welcome to have their strengths, but your lowest ability should be half of the highest. (For example, if you’d like Transfiguration to be as high as 10, Divination would need to be at least 5.

Second, I see that your biography is written entirely in first person.  I love it as much as the next writer, and I know your roleplay response is in the third person. This is just a friendly reminder that roleplays should always be in third person. (I’m just making sure!)

Third, while Alex has had some awesome adventures and a very fascinating life, there are some things that may need a special request approval from our Admin team. Some of the aspects of Alex’s history seem, while very exciting, a little unrealistic for our site. For several years, from 1937 until late 1941, the Ministry had set a lockdown, and people were not allowed in or out of the country, so for some of Alex’s trips, he most likely would have been unable to get into the UK. Also, hiring an ex-Germany Spy in the Ministry seems like a stretch for us, and you may need to have a Special Request approved for how you plan to follow through with that plot.

You are more than welcomed to remove this from his history, and leave it so he was arrested and later released before coming to London after 1941, to avoid needing to fill out the Special Request. Let me know what you decide!

Very last thing, and I know it’s a lot so I apologize, but I’d rather tell you it all now than later. Very small detail, but for your roleplay response, if this was a real rp, you’ve made it very difficult for Joshua to respond, since Alexander walked away. Instead, you can have Alexander turning to leave, but still leave it open for Joshua to make a proper response.

Thanks very much for making the changes, and I hope we can get you playing soon! Any questions, please feel free to PM me!

Charlie

Alexander Watson

(27/01/2015 at 00:01)
  • C9 D5 T9 S9
    • View Profile
Fixed :)

Charles Kedding

(27/01/2015 at 01:20)
  • Adult
  • C10D6T7S10
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Donor
    • View Profile

Dear Alezander,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted!

Your admission is to our Elsewhere boards, where our adult and child characters explore the many places we have to offer, including Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. You will find many opportunities for employment for adult characters, including the Ministry of Magic for you folks interested in politics. Or the Daily Prophet, if gossip and rumors are more your style. We hope you have a great time!

Charles Kedding

Tags: