Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Navarro| Shop Permit  (Read 707 times)

Juan Cruz Navarro

(06/04/2017 at 15:45)
  • Fashion Designer & Tailor
  • C10D10T10S9
    • View Profile
SHOPKEEPER PERMIT
You must have applied as an Elsewhere character before completing this permit.

Shop name: NAVARRO

Shop Type: Clothes shop that also offers tailoring service and free fashion advice- even if you don’t ask for it.

Subforum? Yes please! (Submitted helpdesk ticket)

Short Description (50 words max):
 Beautiful quality garments to perfectly suit every customer’s needs.

Long Description (200 words min):
The outside of the shop attracts the eye of the passer-by; big windows framing an arched door, eggshell white paint and a hanging wood sign that reads ‘NAVARRO’ in a simple, bold font.

The inside is somewhere in between cosy and grand- all dark hardwood floors, bright light and rich warm colours. Once you actually enter the first thing to see is a counter – usually empty, since the owner is always doing some work or another- in the same tones as the floor. On the wall behind it a brass clock hangs with the word ‘work’ where every number should be.

The rest of the main room has a few mannequins with finished creations, several full-length mirrors, a little changing area behind heavy curtains, and a corner with a coffee table and few comfortable seats to wait on.

The backroom and proper workshop has a sign on the door that reads ‘don’t’. This is where all the fabric is stored and designs are sketched.

Another door- this one reading ‘seriously don’t’- leads to the upper floor and living quarters of the owner. Full with a balcony overseeing the streets with a small table, a couple chairs, and some hanging ferns; consider yourself uninvited unless explicitly told otherwise.

What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun?
The shop can be not only a place for clothing, but also for Juan Cruz’s unsolicited, blunt advice. As long as work isn’t interrupted he’ll listen to whatever you want to get off your chest- he’s an excellent multitasker-; just keep in mind you’ll have cynic words and harsh truths in return.

Being an outcast himself- a reject- he also has a somewhat soft spot for others of the same kind, especially if they’re young, even more especially if for some reason or another they were kicked out from their home. To these, the shop can be a shelter, a safe space to rest for a while. Just don’t mess up anything and let him work. He’s a patient man, but he has a lot to do.

/esˈti.lo/

* Anneka Ivanova

(08/04/2017 at 15:55)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Approved!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: