Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Galatea Argent  (Read 570 times)

Galatea Argent

(18/08/2013 at 04:08)
  • C18D11T17S8
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Galatea Argent.

Education: 
Gokstad, Class of 1924.

Residence:
Diagon Alley, Apartment Building.

Occupation:**If you are planning to work at St. Mungo's, please fill out the St. Mungo's application here instead.
Daily Prophet related activities.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Daily Prophet.

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.
  • Charms: 10
  • Divination: 6
  • Transfiguration: 10
  • Summoning: 6
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Wizard’s Alliance, she is more than happy to manipulate the media for the Wizard’s Alliance. The partnership goes both ways, they scratch her back and she giggles like an idiot and scratches theirs back.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Astrid Chaucer & her Manic Menagerie of Abused Characters.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)

Galatea does not remember much of her childhood, except for the hideous frames she had to wear around her glasses and the bad hair days that happened more often than not. Her education was delightfully mundane, she studied in Transfiguration & Charms and left with NEWTs in both but only managed to achieve some OWLs. Many of her school friends were astounded that she managed to graduate without falling down a staircase (again).

She had never been the smartest girl, but she is hard working and enthusiastic about anything she does. Especially eating fine food, one of the pleasures in life she can afford. Her temper is short when people talk to her about her age, her lack of husband (or dates) or when people tell her she is not allowed to eat in here. Her temper can be loud, but it is always only in short bursts as she forgets why she is angry just as fast.

Her parents were both Purebloods of the Argent Bloodline, a family based in Switzerland. Her mother was a British Citizen and her father was stubbornly Swiss.

Galatea moved to London when she was 17, in the desperate pursuit of a not-so-stumbling career in journalism. Within some time, she managed to land herself a position at the Daily Prophet - when her months of selling home-printed newspapers outside of their main offices did not work. The Daily Prophet saw her enthusiasm and offered her a spot within their organization, Galatea accepted and quickly ceased printing her own newspaper - the Daily Sorbet, a collection of food reviews and recipes for the best sweets in town.

Since then, she has followed her instructions to the letter and taken lengthy lunch breaks every day.

Her love life has never picked up, with barely anyone being interested in her and when they were - they were not prepared for her. Galatea insists that she is in a committed relationship with her work.

Galatea likes to live life in the happy zone, trying to ignore the negatives around her and focus on the things that matter the most to her: success and waffles.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
Galatea liked it when she was asked out on a date, it was rare and she coveted it. In her finest cheap dress, she arrived at the bar where she was supposed to meet the handsome man who had written to her. She had never met him, but the invitation was so sweet and kind. The lady took out the invitation, printed on parchment.

“Please join me, yes yes, yes,” she read the words before looking up at the sign. The name he had given was the name of the bar at the address. “That doesn’t make sense…” she looked down again at the invitation before turning to wall and noticing very familiar invitations. Brochures, actually.

Her eyes widened at the realization that she had just received junk mail, this was no invitation to attend a date. This was an advertising brochure for a new pub. Suddenly wanting to fly away, she turned on the spot and was grabbed by something foreign. A child.

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

Her stomach growled at the mention of eating. She could go for something right now too, maybe the kid and her little pet knew somewhere they could buy a stack of waffles covered in strawberries and ice cream with icing sugar dusted on top. Her stomach growled again, Galatea moved her hand over her stomach to try and settle it.

“Let’s get something to eat, then we can get rid of you.” She paused, and smiled to cover her tracks “Get you home, I mean get you home.”

Galatea offered her hand to the girl, getting ready to lead her back out into the street – should she accept the invitation of food.

“I want waffles, what do you two want?”

OTHER
How did you find us? Tumblr
Waffles Waffles Waffles

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.

Alastair Grimm

(18/08/2013 at 04:34)
Accepted!

Tags: