Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: SCARLETHART, Krystine [Elsewhere Child]  (Read 841 times)

Krystine Scarlethart

(12/01/2016 at 15:30)
  • Fifth Year
  • C6D5T4S5
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Krystine Scarlethart

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
She was mostly taken care of by her grandmother and stood as her guardian since her parents’ job acquired them to work outside of England more times than they have to work on it.

Residence:
She lived in the Forest of Mir.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
none

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
none

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
I currently have none.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Krystine Scarlethart was born on the twilight of 23rd July of 1930 to Edith and Jude Scarlethart, in the quiet Forest of Mir. Both of her parents were of pureblood, and they lived, together with her grandmother, in a three-story manor on the heart of Forest of Mir, which was named and given to her ancestor Mirian Weiss by her husband, Theodore Scarlethart.
The Scarlethart household has been living in the Forest of Mir ever since it was bought by Theodore and given to Mirian as a gift. The Manor stood at the heart of the forest and the spot where it stood was cleared of trees.  The Manor was bathed in white color and vines try to reach the top of the three-story building, red flowers were littered on the vast lawn of the Manor and some even finds their way to the vines, splashing color to the blank canvas of the Manor. Above, the sky would sometimes paint itself clear blue and other times greyish and clouds drift here and there. At night, if it wasn’t cloudy the stars will decorate the vast skies. The Manor has been a witness to generations of Scarletharts, Krystine isn’t a stranger to that.
Krystine, or Kryst as her parents and grandma likes to call her, grew up in the Manor and since she was an only child she doesn’t have anyone to play much with. Both her parents too were the only offspring of their grandparents she doesn’t have any cousins to play around with. The Manor had seen the first time Krystine showed any magical abilities by floating mindlessly in the air when she was five. The house saw letter delivered by the owl indicating that she was qualified to enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The house had witnessed more of Krystine’s childhood than her own parents, who have to work outside of England most of the time, leaving Krystine in the care of her Grandma Lois. Krystine had seen her Grandma more than her own parents. Even though Krystine wasn’t angry with her parents, she was a bit distant towards them but loves them nonetheless.
Her Grandma Lois, though a favorite of Krystine, had taught her purebloods are at the top of the food chain, and sometimes whenever her parents are home they would shake their head and would disagree and would say everyone is equal. They would always encourage Krystine to see every one of all kinds as equal and not someone beneath her. Krystine believes her parents.
But with the ongoing war Edith and Jude had decided that it was better to stay with their family while everywhere was in chaos. Even though their own bloods were pure, the Scarlethart had joined the Resistance against that of the Hexenreich.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Krystine had her face buried in the book she was reading, The Witch and The Mayhem, when a girl much younger than her called her.
“You!” the little girl said. I didn’t look up from my book, which was at the interesting part where the witch was found by the king making the trees dance.
“…Do you want to play?” the girl asked more hesitantly this time, seeing that Krystine wasn’t moving from her position in reading the book. When she didn’t get an answer from her she marched towards Krystine dragging her toy broomstick beside her.
“Can you hear me?” she puffed and finally Krystine looked up, brushing a strand of red hair behind her ear and raised her eyebrows at the girl. “Yes, I can hear you. Obviously.” She answered with sarcasm.
Krystine was just strolling around Godric Park since her parents had visited a friend of theirs and she decided to walk around and maybe read somewhere quietly. Eventually she found the park but then three boys came and played quidditch, which she didn’t mind as long as she they weren’t bothering, followed by the same girl in front of her, who seemed like she was excluded from game her brothers are playing at.
“Then, why are you not answering? I asked if you want to play.” The girl puffed her cheeks. Krystine had since long been okay with living in solitude since she doesn’t have any siblings and the only playmates she ever had were those of stuffed toys and books, and they weren’t the greatest talker. So, Krystine honestly didn’t know how to react that’s why she pretended she didn’t heard the girl the first time.
The girl’s caramel eyes shine with expectantly when Krystine opened her mouth, but then closes it too. She always had trouble talking to other people, this her parents had pointed out to her too. The girl’s eyes got shinier as it stared at Krystine’s cerulean ones.
“Would you play with me?” The girl asked again, and Krystine sighed once, closed her book then stood up. She patted the imaginary dusts from her jumper and said “I’m telling you I don’t know how to play and I’m probably really bad at quidditch so take it easy on me, alright?” The little girl jumped around happily, excited that someone was willing to play with her.
“I’m Janey Hurst, just call me Janey!” she exclaimed her name happily and offered her hand to me. I took it and said
“I’m Krystine Scarlethart, just call me Kryst. Nice to meet you, Janey.” And we shook hands.

OTHER
How did you find us? Google and wikipedia

* Martin Hawksworth

(12/01/2016 at 23:39)
  • Auror
  • C24D25T22S16
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the site!

Your application is coming along nicely. I love how involved you were in your role play response, however we do not allow the power play of other characters in our replies, which is what you are doing with Janey when you ask questions for her. Remember that when you reply to a thread, you can control your character's actions only, and how they react to what another writer created. A conversation builds as  more replies are made.

Feel free to have your character judge her surroundings, and the situation. React to Janey's intrusion, introduce your character, maybe even express annoyance at the brash child, but then leave it open for the other writer (the one controlling Janey) to then chose how to respond in turn :)

Please do a bit of rewriting to your role play response and then repost the entire application below. We will be happy to take another look at the app when it has been altered!

In order to insult me

I must first value your opinion...

nice try though

Krystine Scarlethart

(14/01/2016 at 02:22)
  • Fifth Year
  • C6D5T4S5
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Krystine Scarlethart

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
She was mostly taken care of by her grandmother and stood as her guardian since her parents’ job acquired them to work outside of England more times than they have to work on it.

Residence:
She lived in the Forest of Mir.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
none

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
none

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
I currently have none.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Krystine Scarlethart was born on the twilight of 23rd July of 1932 to Edith and Jude Scarlethart, in the quiet Forest of Mir. Both of her parents were of pureblood, and they lived, together with her grandmother, in a three-story manor on the heart of Forest of Mir, which was named and given to her ancestor Mirian Weiss by her husband, Theodore Scarlethart.
The Scarlethart household has been living in the Forest of Mir ever since it was bought by Theodore and given to Mirian as a gift. The Manor stood at the heart of the forest and the spot where it stood was cleared of trees.  The Manor was bathed in white color and vines try to reach the top of the three-story building, red flowers were littered on the vast lawn of the Manor and some even finds their way to the vines, splashing color to the blank canvas of the Manor. Above, the sky would sometimes paint itself clear blue and other times greyish and clouds drift here and there. At night, if it wasn’t cloudy the stars will decorate the vast skies. The Manor has been a witness to generations of Scarletharts, Krystine isn’t a stranger to that.
Krystine, or Kryst as her parents and grandma likes to call her, grew up in the Manor and since she was an only child she doesn’t have anyone to play much with. Both her parents too were the only offspring of their grandparents she doesn’t have any cousins to play around with. The Manor had seen the first time Krystine showed any magical abilities by floating mindlessly in the air when she was five. The house saw letter delivered by the owl indicating that she was qualified to enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The house had witnessed more of Krystine’s childhood than her own parents, who have to work outside of England most of the time, leaving Krystine in the care of her Grandma Lois. Krystine had seen her Grandma more than her own parents. Even though Krystine wasn’t angry with her parents, she was a bit distant towards them but loves them nonetheless.
Her Grandma Lois, though a favorite of Krystine, had taught her purebloods are at the top of the food chain, and sometimes whenever her parents are home they would shake their head and would disagree and would say everyone is equal. They would always encourage Krystine to see every one of all kinds as equal and not someone beneath her. Krystine believes her parents.
But with the ongoing war Edith and Jude had decided that it was better to stay with their family while everywhere was in chaos. Even though their own bloods were pure, the Scarlethart had joined the Resistance against that of the Hexenreich.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Krystine had her face buried in the book she was reading, The Witch and The Mayhem, when a girl much younger than her called her.

“You!” the little girl said. I didn’t look up from my book, which was at the interesting part where the witch was found by the king making the trees dance.

“…Do you want to play?” the girl asked.

The sun was up high and brightening the earth. The sky was clear for everyone to appreciate and three boys does just that. From across the field three boys were trying to catch the snitch. A girl maybe younger than her shouted to one of the boys zipping in the sky “John, I said wait up!” Krystine guessed that she may be their younger sister and this made her think of having siblings, but quickly diminishes it. Krystine had since long been okay with living in solitude. The only playmates she ever had were those of stuffed toys and books, and they weren’t the greatest talker.

As she walked deeper in the park she saw a tree making a shade for a bench a good meters away from the playing siblings. She sat and opened her book to where she marked it before she went out from her Aunt Juno’s little house.

Aunt Juno was a great friend of her parents and she invited their family to come and visit her home since she just moved there. The house was a small cottage, like the ones found in story books Edith used to read to Krystine. Since, Krystine doesn’t want to interfere from her parents talk with Aunt Juno, she decided it’s better to give them space and asked if she could leave and just stroll around. It was Aunt Juno who suggested she should go to Godric Park.

Krystine just wanted to spend her time in Godric Park reading and didn’t expect for the little girl to ask her if she could play with her. This shocked Krystine. She opened her mouth, but then closes it too. She always had trouble talking to other people, this her parents had pointed out to her too. She doesn’t have a chance to be social since they live in their own land and she’s too shy to talk to anyone first.

Although people often mistook her as someone uptight and mean since she always held her head high, a thing she learned from her Grandma “Always held your head high, my child.” She would always say. Everyone she knows told her that she’s prim and proper even in a sweater over a shirt tucked in a pants and heeled shoes.

Krystine stared for a while at the girl, thinking if she should take an offer to play quidditch. Also, the girl was a bit brashed when she asked her to play with her. This made Krystine raised a brow. But, when the answer came to her, she put her book down, put a strand of red hair behind her ear, with her cerulean eyes shining; she smiled and offered her hand to the girl.

“I’m Krystine Scarlethart, you can just call me Kryst. And you?”

OTHER
How did you find us? Google and wikipedia
« Last Edit: 20/01/2016 at 18:51 by Aubrey Kedding »

Viola Ross

(16/01/2016 at 00:34)
  • Gryffindor '42
  • C12D8T9S11
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
courage, dear heart.