We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Cosmina Thisbe Laskos  (Read 581 times)

* Cosmina Laskos

(21/08/2015 at 13:23)
  • Knight Errant
  • C7D7T5S7
  • ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Cosmina Thisbe Laskos

Birthday:
August 11, 1930
Leo

Hometown:
Manchester UK

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Transfiguration

Year (pick two):
Fifth

Biography:
“I’m going to marry you.” There was always something impudent Cosmina found about most boys. The ‘imp’ bit in particular. What right they thought they could have to just declare whatever they felt without substant--without facts, was lewdicrust to her. Vulgar.

She bet Llywen Bannister didn’t even know what that word meant. Or even how to spell it.

Cosmina did-- if that was the one thing she was getting out of her supplementary lessons with Cousin Serra ... no matter how grueling and dull Cosmina found them. But if they had on merit it was  keeping her out of the path of some of the neighborhood boys who lived all to sheltered (and frankly too Muggle) lives. What charms could an ordinary Muggle boy have in comparison to a quidditch player… or an Auror? Not that she could explain that to a boy.

Muggle or otherwise.

“No, you won’t!” would have to suffice then.

“I won’t let you-- and not because you’re a muggle but because you’re bad at stick duelling,” Comina added further. It was all she got without breaking the Statute, which she wouldn’t have cared two sickles about if it weren’t for the Trace. And the Ministry could tell such things. Probably.

“What are you on about muggles? I wash behind my ears and ev’rythin’. And I ain’t bad at stick duelling.”

“Are too.” Bad at hearing to boot. But perhaps that was for the best. It wasn’t as if he was likely to listen, really, even if his ears did work.

“Am not-- I’ll prove it to you, I’ll fight you, and I bet I’ll win.”

“I bet you won’t!” Boys.

“And if I do, you’ll have to marry me.”

“I won’t!” She’d have to ask Leander about those bird who could talk on repeat. Maybe she'd have to ask for one to tell all these stupid boys off. She couldn't be bothered with them with only half their brains working. (Nothing to be said for whatever percentage of her own operated at any given time, though if asked, she would have been certain it was most definitely 'more'.)

“I ain’t going to be nice-- I’ll be nice when we’re married.”

That’s some proposal.” Not that it mattered. She wasn’t going to marry him. He didn’t even have any freckles. And maybe she did find she fancied freckles after all. She imagined they’d be quite fun to draw together, like constellations maybe. She wondered if you could do divination with them even. A question for Aunt Phoebe later.

Now there was battle to be won, for her own sovereignty. Just ‘because she was a girl’ was not a valid excuse for anything in Cosmina’s mind, and if she had to win another sword fight to prove it, so be it.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:
Gryffindor

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

It was her unfortunate turn to help tend the castle gardens. However, it wasn't as if 'turn' was exactly accurate. This was the sixth detention she'd done in a row for not paying attention in Herbology. Honestly it wasn't her fault. They had been studying Valerian Sprigs and Cosmina had sworn seventy times to Cerridwen that she'd only inhaled some of the pollen which must have explained the fact that her eyelids had gotten just so heavy... and the snoring as well. It just must have been.

The professor had not bought it.

It hadn't helped that somewhere at the end of the losing battle, Cosmina had added "Fat lot you must know about plants then."

Purportedly this punishment was to demonstrate just how much the professor knew how to tend to plants and just how inverse Cosmina's own perceptions were.

Her arms and knees already stamped with a thick crust of soil,she was just picking up her can of fertilizing potion (which she didn't need to convince anyone that it smells awful) when she heard a rather loud sneeze. Wondering who on earth would be coming to the gardens voluntarily, she turned to look.

And was immediately accused for it.

Lips tightening before she said the first very rude thing that rose in retort. She raised her chin just as she'd seen the other older girls do when boys were being intolerable, and with a disapproving that she was used to receiving from her teachers, she managed, "You know, that's not the proper way to fertilize."

There was one thing she had learned at least. "And that's not the proper way to talk to a girl minding her own business!"

[
→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):
Anders et al.

How did you find us?:
Wishin’, hopin’, and prayin’.... for standard fifth year levels.

GRYFFINDOR
Glory Roars

#105 LASKOS

Aries Paladin

(21/08/2015 at 14:49)
  • Undesirable No. 2, Resistance Leader, Hit Wizard, Colonel of 42nd, Former General's Aide
  • C26D14T22S20
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Superlative Winner - Most Charming
    • View Profile

Dear Miss Laskos,

We are delighted to inform you that your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry has been accepted. Term will begin on September 1st, 2015. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki; your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we cordially invite you to spend your summer there if you so wish. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to purchase school supplies.

We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,

Aries Paladin
Auror, Aide to the General
Colonel of the 42nd Broom Battalion
VIVAT REX IN HOMINE
WATCH THE THRONE, DON'T STEP ON THE ROBE

Tags: