We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Nicholas Bruce  (Read 635 times)

Nicholas Bruce

(29/12/2012 at 22:18)

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Nicholas Bruce

Education: 
Ravenclaw ‘31

Residence:
Scotland

Occupation:**If you are planning to work at St. Mungo's, please fill out the St. Mungo's application here instead.
Lawyer,  International Magical Office of Law

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
International Magical Cooperation Department, Ministry

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please read the roleplay instructions carefully upon scrolling down.
  • Charms: 12
  • Transfiguration: 6
  • Divination: 7
  • Summoning: 7
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Kaitlyn O’Sullivan etc

Biography: (300 words minimum.)

“It’s – It’s exactly as I remember it.”

He knew it all too well.

Smokey grey eyes flitted between the dull and stagnant lake, the cruel interlocking branches to his left and the discarded sails left uncaringly on the bank.

Nicholas had never forgotten where he had come from, no matter where he was in the world.

He remembered his childhood clearly – the fisherman’s son who was always in the water. He had now left the water, his house, his homeland but it had never been taken out of him.

Now he had nothing, but as he eyed the lake he felt as if he had everything to gain.

Nicholas’s childhood was more pleasant than most in his area. The tiny muggle village in Scotland didn’t usually produce much good stock but luckily his parents had been tolerant. So tolerant that they didn’t mind that their perfectly normal son had somehow developed magical abilities. They didn’t grumble about paying for his education despite their lack of wealth. Nicholas had never realised it at the time but now he knew for sure that he had good parents.

“I used to play over there,” he signalled towards the pile of broken sails on the opposite side of the lake. “I used to make things out of the broken sails before I went to – before I went to boarding school.”

He stopped himself from mentioning Hogwarts in front of his young muggle companion.

After graduating from Hogwarts he had decided to pursue a career in the Ministry. It was unusual for anyone in his small muggle village to do anything other than work to feed to community so he had passed expectations anyway.

He had his job, he had Ravenclaw and he had his parents. The latter he had recently lost.

And it hurt, but he knew that when he made it to the top his parents would be proud. Wherever they were now.

“Listen,” Nicholas said, turning to his young muggle companion. “What do you want to do when you leave school?”

The young boy stuttered slightly before replying “Well, I’ve got to work on the farm with my parents.”

“No you don’t!” Nicholas’s voice was slightly sharper than he had hoped. He had always been sharp and impatient. “I mean, if you want to do something then you should be able to do it regardless of what village you were born in.”

The young muggle boy shrugged. “Okay.”

Okay.

That was enough for Nicholas. His eyes drifted once more over to the stagnant lake before he followed the young boy through the forest and back into the village.

It was alright; the Scottish had always been strong.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:

Nicholas was not in the mood for someone disturbing him, let alone someone pulling in the edge of his coat.

“Do you mi-“

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

Merlin, he needed to stop being so impatient because snapping at children was not something that regular people did. But why on earth did one have to appear at the most irritating time?

He sighed, trying to contain his emotions but was thrown off by the child showing him her odd coloured purring puffskein.

Smokey grey eyes rolled before fixing on the young girl. There was no way he was having kids.

“Okay,” he started, trying to be as rational as possible. “What does your-” He just couldn’t say the word. “- Mother look like? I’ll help you find her.”

Nicholas, the good Samaritan.

OTHER
How did you find us? TopSites

Alastair Grimm

(01/01/2013 at 03:11)
Accepted!

Tags: