Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: A Number of (Mostly) Unrelated Questions  (Read 1206 times)

Hazel Strix

(13/11/2012 at 04:23)
    • View Profile
So I stumbled upon this site and it really looks fantastic; I'm pretty much a roleplay noob, but I would still love to give it a shot. I do have a few questions first, though.

1. I am having trouble viewing a number of forums/threads around the site; it's usually threads in Elsewhere that give me issues (and I've never been able to find the Face Claim), but today the Salem forum seems to be missing for me completely. I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be happening based on my permissions or something, since I haven't applied anywhere yet.

2. How does character adoption work? I looked through some character adoption threads, and I would be very interested in going that route for my first character on here; I did not, however, want to message someone about adopting their character without having a general idea about the process first.

3. Is there a general level of commitment expected for roleplaying here, or is it generally just what you can afford to do? I ask because I am not sure what my schedule is going to look like after December (which I believe would be the start of the new term), so I would like to be able to weigh any expectations against that uncertainty before I decide to dive in.

4.If I want to roleplay a character starting fresh in the new term, should I go ahead and apply for them, or wait until the current term is over to do so?

I've read through all the help files I could find, so I apologize if anything here has been answered already. Also, if anybody has any tips for getting started (besides reading through the FAQ and poking around the site and such), I would be most grateful. Thanks!

Margot Lecuyier

(13/11/2012 at 15:26)
    • View Profile
Hi Hazel! Welcome! : )

1. Try now? That was a glitch on our end - should be all fixed. Sorry about that!

2. ...I'm going to grab you on PC for this one. : )

3. This is absolutely a "do what you can" site - some of our members will warn you that you get addicted, but we're very big on not pressuring other players. We offer classes, extracurriculars, et al, but you can sign up for them or not as you see fit - it's all about what works for you. :)

4. Applications for all three schools will open 01 December 2012. Until then, there's the Elsewhere board (if you're eager to begin!), or we'll probably start opening our summer site a week before November ends.

Hopefully this helps! If you've got any questions, I encourage you to find a staff member on private chat (the bar at the bottom of this page) - we're happy to answer questions, point you in the right direction, etc.

Hazel Strix

(13/11/2012 at 15:56)
    • View Profile
Thank you (again!) for all the help and answers; I really do appreciate it!

Edit: Actually, I seem to be having difficulty seeing anything on the Hogwarts forum now too, and my new sub-account cannot view any of the ones I was having trouble with before, either. :/
« Last Edit: 14/11/2012 at 01:53 by Hazel Strix »

Margot Lecuyier

(14/11/2012 at 02:14)
    • View Profile
Should be all fixed!
t w o r a v e n s i n t h e o l d o a k t r e e
one for you and one for me
b l u e b e l l s i n t h e l a t e d e c e m b e r

I   S E E   S I G N S   N O W   A L L   T H E   T I M E .

Tags: