We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Divya Goswami Application  (Read 838 times)

Divya Goswami

(30/04/2016 at 21:23)

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Divya Goswami

Birthday: 8th April

Hometown: Kerala, India

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Transfiguration

Year (pick two):4th, 5th

Biography:
She stood silently, eyes down, in front of her father’s desk. She could almost hear the movement of her own heart and that of her brother standing next to her. They were only called in here for important announcements and Divya had to bite the side of her cheek to quell her own smiles. She had a feeling this was going to be a good day, she just knew it.

“Children.”

Her father’s voice was serious, but not sharp and Divya’s eyes snapped upwards to meet his.

“I’ve been in contact with your uncle. He has a good business there in London. Productive. And growing by the day.”

She nodded, liking the sound of where this was going.

“For my sons, I am sending you to work with him. He needs young minds like yours to grow his business. You will stay for two years. Possibly more, if you do well which I have no doubt you will.”

She didn’t remove her eyes from her father as she was waiting for her own prize but she couldn’t help but smile for her brothers. Trust, though slightly scarce in her family, was clearly growing.

“And for you, Divya, you will accompany your brothers. Your aunt will teach you the skills of her business, and you will return at the end of the summer.”

And her smile broke into a grin. Her aunt in London was a Diviner, the most talented in her family, and travelling across the world would give her many stories to tell when she returned to school.

And then the idea struck, and once something entered her head it was very hard to eradicate. And Divya knew she needed to learn to hold her tongue, but this was too great of an opportunity to pass. And when she was nervous, it was even harder to hold her tongue.

“Father.” She said, her voice prompt and serious. Probably not the best tone to ask for something as dramatic as this, but when Divya started she could not stop.

“If my brothers are to stay for at least two years, would it not be best for me to stay with them and finish my education there?”

Her voice shook slightly as she finished her sentence, unable to judge her father’s reaction. Her dark eyes met his identical ones and she stared for three counts before lowering her eyes back to the floor. She had seen her brothers play this game with him before, now it was her turn.

“Continue.” He said, his voice not giving away any hint of a decision.

She cleared her throat, “My brothers could work with my uncle for the next few years. I could attend Hogwarts for four years to complete my education. My aunt could tutor me in Divination for four summers. You and mother could focus on the business without us three as a disturbance. I could return in four years and work with my mother and my brothers with you.”

It was a fool proof plan, spoken with confidence and clarity while her eyes locked on her father. Of course, her presentation was forced and Divya felt as if she was babbling but Divya was pleased nonetheless.

However, the reaction was less pleasing. Her father’s face crumpled in consideration and her two brothers stood to her left, clearly impressed with her performance, but silent. She began to bite the inside of her cheek again.

Finally, her father spoke. “I’ll speak to your mother.”

And, Divya knew, that meant yes.

The three siblings were dismissed from the room and Divya grinned in triumph the moment she was outside.

“I bet you didn’t think I could do that, did you?” She joked. And all this because of her ideas and nervous blabbering.

Who knew good things happened to women who couldn’t hold their tongues?

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Ravenclaw

Personality: Divya is, at first glance, shy and introverted. She struggles to open up to people who she is not comfortable with and prefers her own company. She spends the majority of her time alone, getting lost in her thoughts and writing poetry. However, with people she knows well, Divya is like a mother. She is incredibly kind, wise and honest. She cares deeply for friends, almost to the point of being in love with them. Those who are unfamiliar with her are shocked by her blunt nature. When pressed, Divya cannot and will not hold her tongue and therefore can come across as outspoken and occasionally cold. Her emotions towards others fluctuate greatly but Divya has a strong sense of self.
Appearance: 5’5”. 120lbs.Dark wavy hair. Dark eyes. Either smiling or looking slightly dazed.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Divya wasn’t used to the cold. Her skin rarely felt this way at home but it was strangely pleasing. Hogwarts was introducing her to more extreme weather by the hour and Divya found herself drawn to these foreign experiences. The hidden parts of the castle, the places less travelled, were the places which she was drawn to. The mystery they offered and the isolation from her noisy common room was enough to attract Divya to the dungeons for a brief escape.

The dungeons provided a place where she could write without being disturbed and, being a place so unlike what she had seen before, it tended to spark her creativity. She sat, legs stretched out in front of her and leaning rather awkwardly against the wall. It was unladylike, for sure, but Hogwarts was different from home and since there was no one around to judge her she didn’t mind. She scribbled lazily into her journal, noting down words to describe her surroundings without forming sentences.

"H-h-hello?"

She shot upwards from her relaxed position, dark eyes squinting to find the source of her disturbance. She didn’t mind sharing her space, of course, but company did quash her imagination.

“Yes?”

Her reply was soft, matching the tone of the voice she had heard. She didn’t want to startle someone but making the nervous voice aware of her presence seemed logical.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

Her eyes managed to locate the voice and she stared for a few moments at the small girl. She looked young, younger than her and Divya was immediately concerned.

“No, child.” She said softly, trying to keep her voice as comforting as possible. “I’m the only one here.” She rose to her feet, realising how small the girl when she was upright.

“Are you lost? Do you need me to direct you somewhere?”

Divya immediately recognised her mistake. She didn’t know Hogwarts well enough to be giving anyone directions but she sent the girl a reassuring smile regardless. The illusion of confidence was good enough.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous): Kaitlyn O’Sullivan

How did you find us?: I was here a few years ago and now I’m back!

William Lancaster

(30/04/2016 at 22:28)
  • Head of Ravenclaw + Transfiguration Professor
  • C17D14T19S9
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to be Involved in a Tragic Transfiguration Accident
    • View Profile

Dear Miss Goswami,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 1st May. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus for the holiday. You may also wish to visit the Elsewhere board to purchase your school supplies. Both the Summer and Elsewhere boards may be accessed via the Floo Network. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Regards,

Head of Ravenclaw House

Tags: