|Ingredients||1 vial of vampire blood
2 (crushed) valerian root 5 werewolf hairs 1 drop of demon's death venom 2 cinnamon sticks3 apples
|Intended effects||The petrification potion will petrify the victim. Mimicking the effects of an indirect basilisk stare, the victim will become frozen and stiff until they receive an antidote.|
|Side effects||Incorrect brewing of the petrification potion will have fatal effects.|
Taught by Margaux Hartley in Class Three of the '1958-'.. term.
- Step 1: Fill your cauldron with water and bring to a boil.
- Step 2: Chop 2 apples and add to the boiling water along with the 2 cinnamon sticks
- Step 3: Stir clockwise until apples become mushy.
- Step 4: Add 5 werewolf hairs.
- Step 5: Stir clockwise twice (potion should turn purple)
- Step 6: Add 2 crushed valerian root.
- Step 7: Let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Step 8: Add 1 vial of vampire blood.
- Step 9: Stir counter clockwise until potion turns bright green.
- Step 10: Put last apple in WHOLE and take the potion of the fire and let cool.
IMPORTANT: Take the apple out. Biting into the apple (or apple slices) will induce instant petrification which may be reversed using the Mandrake Restorative Potion.
WARNING: Do not, under any circumstance, drink the potion on its own. Even a small dose will be fatal. Drinking the potion will result in death.