|Full name||Clara Gwendolyn Artemis Darcy|
|Residence||Seyridge manor, St Ives|
|Parents||Marilyn and Alfred Darcy|
|Siblings||Edward Darcy, Sophia Darcy, Theodore Darcy|
|Wand||11 inches, dragon heartstring, aspen wood, rigid|
Clara was born on the 23rd of July to Marilyn Darcy and Alfred Darcy. Looking back, it shouldn't have been a surprise that she entered the world 2 weeks earlier than expected and came out kicking and screaming. They should've taken this as a warning that Clara would not be easy to raise. Of course, they didn't.
Clara grew up in the Darcy manor in near St Ives, Cornwall. The youngest of four, she had to scream to be heard, and she had no issues with doing just that. After a week of next to no sleep from a baby who wouldn't shut up, Clara was handing to the nanny to be looked after.
Growing up, Clara spent a lot of time with her older siblings. Having two older brothers, they rubbed off on her to help her become the fighter that she is today(though she'd never admit it), but from Sophia, Clara found her more girly side. She loved to dress up pretty and to play princesses and tea parties. Of course, her playing princess was really her sitting with her doll advisors and discussing what to do to keep the kingdom safe from attacks and her tea parties often included assassinations, but whatever.
As a pureblood little girl, Clara's parents gave her the proper pureblood education, teaching her embroidery, horse riding, ballet and how to play the piano. They did their best to turn Clara into a sophisticated young lady and while Clara became mostly that, in their bid to teach her of how as a pureblood she was automatically better than most, they ended up installing a need within her to constantly be the best at everything.
Clara and her mother frequently butted heads because of this. While Marilyn Darcy was definitely an elitist, she was also backwards in her opinions of women, and in particular women in the workforce. When Clara announced she planned on becoming Minister of Magic, she freaked. A tough love, harsh woman, Marilyn responded in the only way she knew how, yelling at her 6 or so year old daughter and locking her in her room. Their relationship has only worsened over time.
Luckily Clara and her father have a better relationship. Usually off at work, Alfred Darcy has remained mostly sheltered from Clara's more forward thinking views, and Clara has him wrapped around her little finger. All he ever gets to see is his little baby girl learning to play the piano or asking him to read to her. He remains completely oblivious to the hours she spends playing 'princesses'.
Clara blames her mother for their less than satisfactory relationship, but if she were to take a step bak and really look at it, she would realise that for all her mother's faults, the woman has done what she believes is best for her daughter, with good intentions even if the actions are often questionable, and that she is also partly to blame for their relationship.
First year of Hogwarts. Made many friends. Became rivals with Sandy. Broke an arm during quidditch practice thanks to Sandy. Broke an arm in her final quidditch match. Lost every single quidditch match. Got all Os. Valedictorian in Care of Magical Creatures and Transfiguration. Had Arthur over to stay the week before Summer Camp.
Second year of Hogwarts. Made many friends. Became rivals with Thomas. Became enemies with Astro. Broke a leg in quidditch practice thanks to David. Won two out of three quidditch matches. Kissed Sandy and came to a shaky truce. Hexed Astro and Thomas. Started dating David. Got poisoned by the poisoner. Found out who the poisoner was (Lia Ayres) and revealed it to the whole school. Got all Os. Valedictorian in Muggle Studies and Potions and Salutorian in Conjuring and Summoning. Became enemies with Vesper at camp. Stayed at Arthur's the week after camp. Met Marlene Darwin.
Clara has never been the sort of person willing to lay down and let people walk all over her, plucky and feisty as she is. She's inherited a way with words and does everything with such confidence that people tend to listen to what she says, making her a natural leader . That's a good thing really as Clara, bossy as she is, must always be in control, not being so scares her more than she'd like to admit.
Clara is rarely one to compromise and so if she offers you one, it means she really cares for you. She’ll never shy away from a confrontation and is stubborn and hard working enough that she usually wins. This translates well into her work and when a natural affinity for magic, intelligence and good organisation is factored in, she seems like she might be the perfect student. It's a bit of a shame she insists on talking back when she doesn't like something.
She is generally quite friendly to people she doesn't know. Clara likes having a big group of people on her side and so in order to have that she needs to be nice, right? Still, it’s pretty clear that she’s very independent, she doesn’t need to say it for it to be known that she doesn’t need anyone really (even if that's not really true). Maybe Clara doesn’t think of you as anything but a minion, maybe you’re her best friend, whatever the case it can’t be denied that she is very loyal and will stick up for you both when you need it and when you don't really. Maybe sometimes she can be a little dismissive and maybe she might use people and manipulate them at times, but she’s got your back.
Unless it’s something concerning her own successes and goals of course. There's a clear hierarchy in Clara's eyes, and she sits nice and secure at the top. She's a bit of a hypocrite like that, Clara expects undying loyalty and while in return she gives what in some cases may seem the same, it's never quite that.
Unfortunately, it's also very easy to anger Clara. She’s proud, more spoilt than she’s aware of and doesn’t forgive and forget easily at all, so you don’t have to do much more than say the wrong thing and the wrong time in the wrong tone and she’ll never like you again (or at least not until you genuinely apologise and even then that's not guaranteed). Hogwarts hasn’t born the full blow of Clara’s complete, unbridled fury yet, but that’s probably a good thing.
Her biggest ambition in life, and something that plays a big part in a lot of what she does, is her need for power and becoming Minister for Magic. She's fiercely competitive, and is prone to taking harmless little challenges and competitions way to seriously.
When Clara isn't working or practicing, you might find her doing one of the below:
- Quidditch: With this being a competitive sport, Clara spends perhaps the most time out of all of her doing this, she is on the team after all. Clara's slight build, lends itself to speed and agility, and her eyes for detail for catches, with her weaker points being passes, throws and working in a team.
- Ballet: One of the few things her mother insisted she learnt that she actually enjoyed and is good at, Clara doesn't have as much time to dance at Hogwarts, but she will occasionally sneak off to get a little practice in. She did bring her pointe shoes after all!
- Wizarding Chess: It's no surprise that Clara's really good at this, what with her love of plans. She's actually found that Hogwarts provides many an opponent, many of which can match her skill, and some who might even be able to beat her.
- Piano: She hardly counts this as it is just something her mother forced her to do. Clara hates piano for many reasons, ranging from her piano teacher being a bore who treated her like a baby, her mother always nagging her about it, and just a lack of skill.
- Horse Riding: Once more not really counted in Clara's eyes, this is another thing that Clara was forced to do by her mother, but this she prefers to piano as it's more exciting. She's a competent and capable rider, after many years of it you'd hope so, but isn't massively interested in it, which is good as she doesn't really share much of a bond with animals and possesses no real talent at it.
- Embroidery: Dull and much harder than Clara would give it credit, she isn't very good at it at all
- Blood purity:In her younger years and before she essentially blew up the relationship with her mother by announcing her plans to become minister for magic, Clara didn't question what her mother taught her about muggles and muggleborns: that being that they were akin to dirt on one's shoe, that they sullied the wizarding world with their presence and ought to be gotten rid of. But as she's grown older, these views have been brought into questioning by her realisation that a lot of what her parents thought was questionable. Now, Clara tries her best to treat muggleborns as she treats any other, but she can't help but still feel superior to muggles. Not because they're 'dirt' obviously, but because they don't have magic and therefore are weak and puny.
- Women: Clara's a feminist through and through. She's read about all these strong, independent women like Emmeline Pankhurst(one of the few muggles she likes) and Artemisia Lufkin(the first female minister for magic) and knows one day she'll be as well known and they are.
- Race: Clara's grown up in a household not exactly filled with raging racists, but definitely prejudiced and the sort to stereotype. But when Clara realised what a load of hogwash most of the things her parents said was, she turned with a questioning eye to this and entering Hogwarts has stamped out any issues.
- Class: Clara's rich, and used to luxury. While she tries her best to remain tactful to the less fortunate, it can sometimes catch her off guard to hear that a family doesn't have at least one house elf to tend to them.
- Hogwarts houses: Clara isn't against Gryffindors as much of her family is (many famous and praiseworthy individuals came from Gryffindor), but she can occasionally fall victim to house stereotyping. Not with slytherins obviously, she herself is a slytherin and is very biased, but with the others.
- Aphrodite Foxe: A slytherin girl the year above, Odi and clara bonded over similar ambitious tendencies and girliness, becoming fast friends.
- Arthur Darwin: Fellow slytherin and a boy in her year, Arthur has become a close friend of Clara’s and one of, if not the only, one that she will let a more childish side show.
- Astro Marquis: She kissed both Bea and Arthur and neither of them wanted her to, so Clara made Astro vomit slugs and now hates her
- Beatrice Caulfield: Despite there being one between them who is clearly in charge (Clara), the two seem to be good friends.
- Calliope Amberghast: The worst cousin
- Christoph Grey: Another slytherin boy in her year, Clara has come to call him a good friend of hers, enough that she is one of, if not the, person who knows him the best.
- David Scrivner: He was an annoyance at first, then a regret, a friend, and finally a boyfriend. Her first in fact.
- Elias Glass: -
- Elizabeth Cavendish: second cousin and minion.
- Henry Reed: Three years her senior and in hufflepuff, Henry and Clara have taken to teaming up in various classes they share, and she has come to care for him a lot.
- Imogen Renard: It wasn't until the second year of Hogwarts that Clara made an effort to become friends with Imogen, though by now they've grown to be just that.
- Indigo Amberghast: The best cousin
- Jane Belrose: Jane is a ravenclaw in the same year of Clara, a friend, but not as close as many of her others.
- Margaux Hartley: Clara's favourite professor until she left after her second year.
- Malik Murphy: -
- Maria Teodora Whittington: Six years her senior and a gryffindor, Clara was very impressed by the older girl holding the title of Prefect and warmed up to her quickly.
- Sandy Stone: ??? Once worst enemy, now truced, he admitted a crush on Clara in the end of second year and kissed her. Feelings vary from day to day, at times almost friendly, others much less so.
- Solange Santoro: Birthday twin! Similar personalities has lead to a lovely little friendship between them.
- Spencer Callander: The two met on the train to Hogwarts at the beginning of Clara's second year and Spencer's first. He's like a younger brother to her, even though they have an age gap of only a couple months.
- Thomas Kolmer: Clara met him on the train to Hogwarts in Clara's second year and his first. What started out as dislike over the smallest of arguments escalated and now they can't stand each other.
- Vega Nettlebed: Despite an age gap of six years, both girls having a native talent in potions and plenty of brains has meant that they’ve become friends, frequently sitting together in the class.
- Vesper Delacroix: Clara disliked her instantly. The feelings mutual.
- Victor Carstairs: -
- Zavier Archeron: familiar due to pureblood society, at first it looked like they'd become pretty good friends. Zavier was just too loyal to Vesper though and Clara way to unwilling to compromise