Give our summer workshops a go!

Author Topic: Coming to an Understanding (Scrivner)  (Read 440 times)

Cressida Scrivner

(04/05/2020 at 18:58)
  • Third Year
  • C3D3T5S6
    • View Profile
Cress wasn't waiting till she got distracted by her brothers tales of there third year in the castle.  She had been thinking about camp since the minute she got her letter and that overshadowed any excitement related to there return.  Hogwarts was real and looking over her horizon.

"While mom is dealing with the baby and your mouths are full with lunch, I want to make it clear that if either of you decide to prank me at camp or tell me tall tales that make me look silly.  You'll pay.  Got it. "

Sure it was there first lunch while home, but she knew just how much her younger siblings could distract her from keeping the older to in line.  As if she was going to rise to greatness at Hogwarts it would be better if it were on there coat tails, and not having to deal with them as well as the great unknown.

David Scrivner

(04/05/2020 at 19:05)
  • Seventh Year
  • C7D4T4S4
    • View Profile
As good as Hogwarts' elves cooking was great, their mom's was better. That was one of the few good things that coming home had going for it, along with no Stone, the downside was: no Laurel and a whole lot of Cress.

Dave was busy stuffing his mouth with shepherd's pie when the little sister decided to issue a threat. He laughed and half choked on it. Looking around to make sure his mom wasn't looking -good manners mattered a whole lot to her- he replied through a mouthful of food.

"Godric, Cress, big words for such a little mouth. Relax, we wouldn't do any of the sort,  would we Dev?"

* Devin Scrivner

(04/05/2020 at 19:25)
  • Hogwarts Student
  • C3D3T3S4
    • View Profile
It was strange to see Devin Scrivner not interested in lunch.  Stranger to see him holding much less reading a book- even a comic book.  Strangest of all was his response to the conversation at hand.

"Tu vas bien. Je le... fermier?"  He wrinkled his nose, "No, that's not it.  Fermé?" Flipping through pages, "Ahh, ferai!"*  The French language was hard!

He looked up, realizing that he was being addressed directly, "You got nothing to worry about.  You stay out of the way when the yelling starts, you won't get hit.  Fair enough?"

*  <You're okay.  I the... farmer?  ...shut?  ...will do it!> poorly translated from French

Cressida Scrivner

(04/05/2020 at 19:39)
  • Third Year
  • C3D3T5S6
    • View Profile
Big words?  Hardly...

She smirked at the remark which had worked to get there attention.  Or at least David's as Devin wasn't making any sense.

" Fair Enough.  Should I be expecting any yelling? "

She certainly wasn't planning on any yelling.  She was planning on quiet observation unless there was a chance to win like with dueling.  From what she read about dueling sounded like it might be more fun than quidditch - though she had her doubts that anything could be more fun than quidditch.

Then she looked over at David and said " What did you let him drink that made him speak funny? ". She looked at Devin and said " Or are you planning to try to impress some girl? " Tilting her head slightly.

She naturally left off the part where she would have asked if there was more as she already had some vials and glass jars in her trunk for dueling and pranks if needed.  Adding one that made people speak funny could definitely work for her.

David Scrivner

(04/05/2020 at 19:45)
  • Seventh Year
  • C7D4T4S4
    • View Profile
Dave doubted that any of his stints at using Stone or being used by him as a punching bag had reached their parents ears, he wouldn't be going to camp if that was the case. He surely didn't want his sister to be involved in any of that if he could help it.

"Don't worry your pretty head over it, Cress," he said as he attempted to ruffle her hair, "just know this: not all Hufflepuffs are goor or nice, got it?"

It wasn't until Cress mentioned it that he realized that Dev was...reading!? and a french book? What the...? Then a light went on in his head. "Careful there Dev, your eyes may burn from exposure to literature," he grinned, "don't think Belrose would like that."

* Devin Scrivner

(04/05/2020 at 19:55)
  • Hogwarts Student
  • C3D3T3S4
    • View Profile
The last thing he needed was his little sister mussing up what little progress he'd made with Jane over the last year.  From adventuresome friends (he was crushing on) to a bold little kiss (that almost didn't happen) to the tragedy at the end of term putting the brakes on everything...

He put the book down and looks at his little sister, "All you need to know is that adventures sometimes come from unexpected places... and sometimes they come from right where you'd expect 'em to be.  Cress, relax!  You'll have so much to do, you won't even notice us."

A quick glance to his brother and a flash of devilish teeth in a grin, "...until it's too late."
Anyone can dig up  dirt  on someone...
Find the gold.

Cressida Scrivner

(04/05/2020 at 20:15)
  • Third Year
  • C3D3T5S6
    • View Profile
Hufflepuff... Interesting... Weren't they the nice teddy bear ones?  Naturally, it didn't manner she planned to observe anyone as until she had a house she had to build bridges in all of them.

Who was Belrose?  All she knew was the girl just rose to the top of the list Cress was excited to meet at camp.

" His eyes will be fine, but if he tries talking like that in public someone will think he's been hexed. "

Raising her eyebrow at her Devin she said " Well either we can have a mutual truce of not bothering each other at camp and working together if needed.  Or I can make you both one of my side projects to ensure you don't cause me trouble.  You decide? "

Then after a pause " I could just tell Belrose about that time... ". Then she stopped as her smirk got bigger as there were plenty of times to choose from.

David Scrivner

(04/06/2020 at 02:31)
  • Seventh Year
  • C7D4T4S4
    • View Profile
Dave got a little bit protective of Dev right then. He knew how much he had struggled to admit he liked Jane, then do something about it and then not ruin it. He had seen how happy he was, he wasn't about to let Cressida -of all people- ruin it for him

"Hold it, squirt! You will do no such thing," Dave washed down his food with a big gulp of water and looked at their little sister, square in the eye. "You don't mess with us, we don't mess with you, but you are not going to be threatening Dev or me, we're your brothers, Cress, where's your sense of loyalty?"

* Devin Scrivner

(04/06/2020 at 03:10)
  • Hogwarts Student
  • C3D3T3S4
    • View Profile
"No, wait..." he interjected, "Cress, you're brilliant!  I mean, she already knows a lot of crazy stuff about me- we've been chums for a while now and she loves going on adventures. But you're a girl, more or less, an...and I need that kind of insight. Make nice with her- sing my praises, so to speak-,  and Dave and me will keep you outta trouble this term. A truce?"

He glanced again to his brother- a bold move, including him without discussing it first. But it was worth it. She was worth it.
« Last Edit: 04/06/2020 at 04:58 by Devin Scrivner »

Cressida Scrivner

(04/06/2020 at 11:28)
  • Third Year
  • C3D3T5S6
    • View Profile
Loyalty.  Seemed like a fickle thing, and she wasn't the type to depend on unspoken assumptions.  Especially ones, involving her brothers.

Raising her eyebrow she said " David do I look like a future puff to you? " Then she continued with a small giggle " and it doesn't sound like I should trust the hat on sorting if he can't even get them right."

Naturally, she intended to be loyal to her brothers as they were key to her own success.  They were better looking good than being liabilities to be dealt with.

Now Devin had the right idea, or close enough.

With a smile she said "Deal, as long as you pick a few phrases and learn them well.  You don't need to learn the language just some sweet sayings, and none of them involve farmers. ".

Tags: