Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: something's really wrong; clint  (Read 306 times)

* Philip Carter

(01/17/2020 at 00:20)
  • Child
    • View Profile
"Maybe I want a crap one."

He challenged, staring at the man.

"Wherever you say is fine as long as it's in America. Make them believe it too, fake a postcard or whatever. Tell Li that they really really wanted me to go to Hogwarts but I went to the other place instead."
Everyone's got somewhere to go And they're gonna leave me here on my own And here it goes I'm just a kid And life is a nightmare

* Clinton Litchfield

(01/17/2020 at 18:43)
  • Director of Camp Loki & Head of Hufflepuff
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
"No, you don't."

Nobody wanted a crap one, especially when they were already as useless as this kid was. If he was going to make up a lie, it might as well be a good one.

"We'll go with Salem, it's a solid choice." A slight frown appeared, "Who's Li?"
i've got sunshine on a cloudy day
when it's cold outside i've got the month of may
i've got so much honey the bees envy me
i've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees

* Philip Carter

(01/18/2020 at 00:54)
  • Child
    • View Profile
"Fine, Salem it is then."

God, this man was so bossy.

"Li's my best friend. Except some girl thinks she's his best friend and she doesn't like me and I don't like her. She called Dottie a mudblood and was really rude about my mum not being alive."
Everyone's got somewhere to go And they're gonna leave me here on my own And here it goes I'm just a kid And life is a nightmare

* Clinton Litchfield

(01/19/2020 at 17:52)
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
He didn't ask who Dottie was, because this was complicated enough as it was. He didn't ask who the random girl PJ had taken a disliking to was either, though he thought that he might have been able to make an educated guess about that one.

"Well, next time she calls someone--that word, the M one," he certainly wasn't going to say it out loud, "--you have my full permission to stomp on her toes like you stomped on mine."

Because there was nothing else to say and he had other things to be doing that didn't include being berated by a tiny Squib, "We all good, then?"
what's that playing on the radio
why do i start swaying to and fro
i have never heard that song before,
but if i don't hear it anymore

* Philip Carter

(01/20/2020 at 21:16)
  • Child
    • View Profile
"Can I have permission to stomp on her toes whenever she's mean to anyone, even if she doesn't say the M word?" Was the M word bad? PJ thought the worst word was 'squib' but maybe he was wrong. Anyways, he knew he'd stomp on Vesper whether the man gave him permission or not so it didn't really matter if he agreed or not.

"We all good, then?"

Philip nodded. "Yeah." He turned to run off before looking at Clint again. "Remember: I'm going to that Salmon school!" Then he raced off to go pull Li away from the she-monster.

* Clinton Litchfield

(01/21/2020 at 17:26)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Yeah, you can, was the answer he wanted to give and decided that he probably shouldn't. Clinton settled for a non-committal sort of shrug that couldn't really incriminate him should any of this ever result in him having to defend himself against accusations from angry stomped-upon little girls and their parents.

PJ Carter, thankfully, took this as enough of a confirmation.

"Remember: I'm going to that Salmon school!"

"No, not Salmon, it's Sa--"

The squib was already gone.

fin.
what's that playing on the radio
why do i start swaying to and fro
i have never heard that song before,
but if i don't hear it anymore