As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Matters Of Family|Delrey|Closed  (Read 36 times)

* Christoph Alexander Grey

(12/01/2019 at 01:24)
  • Third Year
  • C6D4T4S3
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Christoph stood near a winding creek that ran through the ranch Camp Loki had become this summer. His eyes narrowed on the figure standing not too far away. The situation wasn't optimal to say the least, yet one that had been set in motion months ago. He'd known it was coming or more specifically that she was coming.

He stood his ground regardless of his personal feelings or how shaken he might be. His eye contact piercing and unwavering as he itched to grab his wand hidden in the back of his trousers. He ignored the strong self protection urge that ran through his mind as he looked at the young woman, unsure he was making the right call yet unwilling to risk trouble.

"Delphine..." He said stiffly in greeting as he stood still. His muscles were tense. His hands curling and uncurling repeatedly. He didn't have any indication of how this interaction would go. That was what unnerved him the most. Delphine Dario had finally reentered his life...and she was a complete wild card.
« Last Edit: 12/01/2019 at 02:38 by Christoph Alexander Grey »
We've got all the ingredients except you loving me.

* Delphine Felicity Dario

(12/01/2019 at 01:34)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D6T6S6
    • View Profile
She could almost feel the palpable tension between them. It was expected. After all they hadn't seen each other in years and this was the best way to reconnect. She could tell from his stiff stance that Christoph was afraid, something even she knew he didn't feel often. Something she knew must be driving him crazy.

Her blonde hair shifted in the breeze as she tilted her head to smile slightly at his hands. He was resisting the urge to pull his wand already and she needn't utter a word against him. If he was this tightly wound up it was going to be quite the enjoyable summer for her indeed. She made things worse she imagined as she took a step forward.

"I wonder Chrissy...what scares you more? Me...or everyone finding out your little secrets? You know...the ones you've spent years hiding. Merlin...you even hid one of them right under people's noses at Hogwarts...right after stealing my boyfriend. How is the traitor these days anyway?" She asked eyes sparkling with amusement.

Honestly she didn't think of the boy that often...not after hearing he was willing to slum it with Christoph. She hadn't even deemed it necessary to think or speak his name. Boy. Him. It. All of those terms were quite good enough when referencing her ex. He hadn't been good enough for her anyway...she'd known that all along. Merlin...he wasn't even good enough for Christoph and she hated Christoph.
I'm dangerous, it's dangerous and I might just tear you apart.

(12/01/2019 at 01:45)
  • Third Year
  • C6D4T4S3
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Chris felt his blood freeze in his body. His bones stiff and unable to really move as he realized his fears were founded. She really would go there. Threaten what he'd kept secret from his new life. Separate. He'd locked the truth away in an attempt to have a real and truly fresh start but here she was. Threatening what he'd carved for himself the past two years. His sanctuary from the past...in danger of being shattered.

However the boy forced himself to relax when she mentioned Francis. That secret was far less troubling. Still something he wasn't ready to share. Still his. But far less damaging to his already shaky reputation. His eyes narrowed even further at the subtle way the French darling threatened him, like it was a walk in the park it was so easy for her. They weren't close. Disliked each other even. But still he thought them family.

"Francis and I...aren't any of your business Delphine and you'd be best served back in France with your adoring public. There isn't any need for things to get nasty." He said smoothly. It came out far easier than he thought it would considering just how frightened he actually was. Delphine Dario was...evil in his mind. The boogeyman that just never fully disappeared. Yet to the world she was a friend to all and famous both for her modeling and fashion sense, but also for her kindness and generosity. It made him fight back vomit.

She was evil incarnate. How she'd managed to fool her fans, her friends? It was beyond him and he was forced to consider she was just that good of an actress. Something he loathed admitting even to himself because it complemented her abilities. Her horrid...life ruining abilities. "You have everything....there isn't anything for you here!" He exclaimed. He left out the thoughts about regarding her having France and him just wanting Scotland to call his own. His place of home.
Rule number two, just don't get attached to someone you could lose.

(12/01/2019 at 02:08)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D6T6S6
    • View Profile
She couldn't help the amused chuckle that escaped her well polished lips. "So that answers that. Even you realized he was scum." She teased twirling a piece of hair around one of her fingers. She found the entire situation amusing if she were honest, she likely would have traded Francis in for a hot Hogwarts boy when she transferred anyway and now? The sympathy card. How her mean mean ex boyfriend left her with promises of waiting only to drop her for her brother.

"Honestly? That boy had some serious codependency problems...quite the few screws loose. Must be what attracted you I imagine." She said with a grin. It was cruel and she knew it but she also knew something not many did. She had been there the day Rosalie died and Chris? He had his own loose screws. Sure...he didn't push his twin sister into the creek. He didn't kill her. But he let her fall. Let her die.

"Still...how did it feel knowing you were getting my leftovers? Does it make you bitter? Heartbroken? Pained?" She continued as she took another step for each insult she delivered because boy had she been waiting for this moment. She was going to milk it for every little thing it was worth and then some! "But I suppose...first admitting to yourself your preferences and then dealing with some as clingy as that? Must have been unbearable."

It was nasty and vicious but so was she when no one was watching...and right now? It was the two of them going toe to toe for the first time in years. "As for not having anything here? That isn't true Chrissy dear...I know things even from France I know...Hugo dumped you off with Knoxx but in doing so he lost everything didn't he?"
I want what I deserve, I want to rule the world...

(12/01/2019 at 02:19)
  • Third Year
  • C6D4T4S3
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Francis was...he was good to me when I needed someone the most. He was here when I was still reeling from Mother and Father's death." He defended. Sure Francis could be clingy and irritating at times even...but he'd been one of the only people Chris had to talk to and Delphine poisoned it like she was likely going to try and do to everything else Chris had scrounge together in the past couple years.

"You talk about screws loose? I'm not the one who fabricated an entire personality just to be adored by thousands of people! I may be lonely and have few people to trust and care about me...but at least mine are real! At least I'm not fake!" He shot back. He begrudgingly acknowledged to himself his statement wasn't exactly true. Only his friend Clara Darcy knew even close to everything.

When she started in on there being a reason for her to come to Scotland...to the UK as well he was lost. He didn't understand her words fully or what she could possibly be after here that she couldn't get in Paris where she belonged. But then she started talking about Hugo and how he gave Chris up to Persillia and it started making sense. Chris saw exactly where she was going the greedy plastic thing that she was.

"You're here for the fortune? Seriously!? After getting such a lavish career that you likely have more money than I do already!?" He exclaimed. It made sense. When Persillia agreed to take custody of Chris...she insisted on a binding legal document. Hugo forfeited rights to the family money because he was going against the expressed wishes of their parents. The entirety of the fortune was Chris's when he came of age...and Delphine wanted some if not all of it!
Break up with your girlfriend, yeah yeah cause I'm bored.

(12/01/2019 at 02:36)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D6T6S6
    • View Profile
Delphin's eyes twinkled madly as she took ahold of her half brother's chin and looked into his eyes. "I want what I deserve...I want what is owed to me as a child of Thaddious Grey. You can either give me what's mine...or I can make your life a miserable swamp until you do Chrissy. Your choice." She said seriously before letting him go with a couple taps to his cheek. "Our father left behind a mess and you? You're cleaning it up one way or the other."

She wasn't going to be denied. She wasn't going back to France without her share of the Grey fortune. Sh didn't care if she had to throw Christoph to the wolves to get get it, she deserved it...that man owed her as much for all the pain and suffering she endured being his illegitimate brat! She'd waited and bided her time because that's what dear mother said came to those that waited. Fame. Money. Power. This was the last thing she needed and then maybe...maybe she'd finally be happy. Maybe her mother would finally really love her.

"Of course I'd really prefer if you wanted to do things the hard way. I've always loved doing things the hard way...so much more...fun." She commented lightly taking a step back. "Fail to give me a binding agreement that half the fortune is mine? I...will rain ten levels of truths on your little safe haven this coming year. Agree...and who knows? Maybe my transfer will even...fail to go through at all." She said seriously.

Delphine was hoping for the long game. Thirsting for it as she thrived under the pressure and this was her chance. Her chance to get vengeance for everything Christoph got that should have been hers. "Think about it Chrissy...and let me know soon." She commented in parting before the blonde turned on the heels of her stylish shoes and strolled away.
I'm dangerous, it's dangerous and I might just tear you apart.