Check out our Summer Workshops!

Author Topic: sowing seeds || sunflower au  (Read 161 times)

* Kurtis Garland

(08/28/2019 at 15:17)
  • Trainee in Youth Welfare
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
He gulped down the coffee that burned his throat and made his eyes water, just watching his little family.

"Does that mean you're going to finally start smoking out the window?" Was that all it took? Having a baby to get Parfait to actually listen to him? He should've done it a long time ago.

sometime a few minutes later, when the fatigue had finally left him and he'd used his brain

"Oh!" Kurt turned on his heels and disappeared into the baby room for a moment before coming back with an old stuffed rabbit, grey with age and a wonky nose. "This was mine when I was little. My mum gave it me last time I went round and said she wants us to give it to Lophie."

Adelaide Parfait

(08/29/2019 at 12:25)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
The coffee was hot, and strong, but that was the way she liked it. And she'd probably go outside for the tiny baby in her arms.

"It is a possibility."

Kurt disappeared with no reasoning whatsoever, which was normal... And then he returned  with the ugliest toy she'd ever seen. Addy felt her lip curl at the sight of the bunny-- if it even was one.

"Why not a new toy?" She suggested, "Zat one is a little... ancient?"

* Kurtis Garland

(08/29/2019 at 17:24)
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
Kurt pouted, looking at her. "She isn't going to be able to have a story behind a new toy. This one was with her dad through hospital visits and court dates - it has life inside it, Addy!"

He brushed back the rabbit's ears and carefully placed it on the stomach of their daughter before looking at the woman who had been his deciding his fate since the moment he met her. "We can get her loads of new toys too, whatever you want. She can have it all, as well as this one."

He smiled to try and win her over, then holding out his arms. "Can I hold her, please?"

Adelaide Parfait

(08/29/2019 at 20:55)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Addy laughed at his stupid pout on his stupidly cute face, a smile gracing her own, as he spoke a little about his life. One that felt similar to her own childhood.

"Your life," She calmly replied, as she looked at him, placing the toy gently onto Lo's stomach, and sighed. Sometimes she'd just have to let him win, she decided, as she watched the tiny human in her arms reach out and clutch one of the ears with a little pudgy hand.

She smiled up at him, as her arms reached out, holding the baby out for him to take.

* Kurtis Garland

(08/29/2019 at 21:02)
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
"My life is a part of her, Ads. Just like yours is because she's going to be a mix of all the best traits of us and we're her life."

He insisted with a smile as he watched his kid grab the bunnie's ear, as if she knew what they were talking about it. "See, she likes it too."

Eagerly, he gently took the baby from Addy and held her close. She was so small that he could hold her with just one arm, which looked like a cradle compared to her. He held his other hand out, "There's two hands for my two girls."

Adelaide Parfait

(08/29/2019 at 23:04)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
She smiled at his stupid little speech, and then the stupid little smile that rested on his face. God, he was pretty, and she had most definitely chosen the right boyfriend.

"Okay." Sighed the blonde in mock defeat, as she looked over at him, if it weren't for their tiny little daughter, then she would've thrown her hands up as well.

He looked so... fatherly stood there, Chloe in one arm, and the other offered out to her. Addy quite happily took his hand, squeezing it gently as she gently pulled it towards her, in an invitation to sit beside her.

* Kurtis Garland

(08/30/2019 at 16:54)
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
Addy agreed and he mentally did a victory dance - he knew she'd give in.

He was pulled to sit down and he did, adjusting Lophie on his arm so she was more comfy in his new position whilst wrapping the arm that was attached to Addy's hand around his girl's shoulders.

"Can you imagine when she's crawling and walking? I'll have to baby-proof the apartment..or we..we could buy a house. With bigger rooms."

Adelaide Parfait

(08/31/2019 at 21:03)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
She smiled as she felt his warm arm around her, their fingers still intertwined, and Lophie resting in his other arm. They were a family, all together, just them. It felt right, she decided, as she looked over at the other two who she loved. They didn't need the Parfaits, or the money, or the richness, they had each other.

"Move?" She exclaimed, though realised her mistake afterwards, "A bigger 'ouse is more baby proofing, right? And zere isn't anything wrong with 'ere it's near ze job and--"

A sigh.

"Ma famille 'as an 'ouse."

* Kurtis Garland

(09/02/2019 at 21:34)
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
"We can get a house near your job too! I have so much work experience, I can work anywhere nearby. We could go wherever you wanted if you wanted to leave here, too! I swear, I'd do everything, the baby proofing, any jobs it would need..you pick the house, I'll buy it for you."

He was almost pleading but quietly because he had a baby in his arms and he couldn't be loud around her. She looked like she might shatter if he did.

"Ma famille 'as an 'ouse."

He kissed her forehead and refused to believe it was his way of buttering her up. "Addy, that's your families house. Why can't we have our own? One we choose, one we buy..it'll be ours."

Adelaide Parfait

(09/02/2019 at 23:01)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
He seemed to be pleading with her his words were soft, quiet because of their daughter, but he was pleading with her, begging her for a new home. Why was he so desperate for a new place to live? It made no sense, as he promised her to buy it for her, to work wherever and to baby proof. Why was he doing this? It was insanity.

His lips pressed against her forehead, as she looked up at him.

"Why do you want zis 'ouse so much, Kurt? My family 'as ze money and I 'ave you and Chloe and--" She looked up at him, "Why?"

* Kurtis Garland

(09/04/2019 at 20:44)
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
Honestly, he didn't know why.

Maybe it was the fact that he'd lived in the same two bedroomed bungalow from when he was born to when he moved out at twenty. The only difference was the removal of the threatening presence of his father and Kurt didn't know how that related to him wanting to buy a house for his family. He did know that he didn't want to be like that man, and so he wouldn't.

"I don't know. I just - It's my responsibility to look after you two and I don't want your families money doing it for me. We both have jobs, Ads, so we can afford it if we save up. Imagine how good it'll feel to do it ourselves." Kurt looked down at the bundle of pink skin in his arms and smiled. "She's going to look like you, I can tell."

Adelaide Parfait

(09/06/2019 at 22:24)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
He didn't know, well, that was helpful, wasn't it? But she couldn't help but smile as he suddenly became very sentimental, in that way that Kurtis Garland was. Addy couldn't wait till she was Mrs Garl--

Shaking her head slightly, as if to dislodge that thought from her brain, she looked up at him, as he looked down at Chloe, their Chloe. That little, slightly wrinkly pink thing shrouded in blankets to the point that she was sure Chloe was part blanket, was their daughter. Nobody else's, theirs.

"Non." Replied the blonde, smiling, at her boyfriend, "She's going to look like you because I love--"

And then the moment was ruined by a loud wailing noise coming from Kurt's arms, she looked into the blanket at her screaming daughter, and smiled. Definitely a Parfait.

* Kurtis Garland

(09/07/2019 at 20:39)
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
"I hope so."

"ADDY!" He was yelling so loudly that their kid almost started crying. "Nono, Lophie, it's okay! Hold on and wait for mummy." Kurt shushed the little girl in an uncharacteristically soft tone before he waited for his girlfriend to finally enter the room.

"Okay, Lophie, go on, crawl to mummy." He encouraged her, nodding eagerly as he moved out of the way for the baby to show of her new skill. "Watch, watch her. She's gonna do it."

Adelaide Parfait

(09/08/2019 at 21:29)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
She was curling her hair when he yelled, his voice carrying easily through the walls. Sure, they were staying in today, but she'd always been taught that she had to look good for her husband boyfriend, and even having a baby would not stop her from doing that. But, nontheless, hair half finished or not, she placed her irons down, closed the door-- even if Lo wasn't mobile yet, it was always good to get into the habit-- and walked over to the living room.

It was there that she saw her over excited boyfriend staring at their daughter. Wait did he just say...

She was crawling, their little girl was crawling, a hand slapped over her mouth in surprise, as she watched Lo crawl for the first time. Sure, she couldn't quite lift her head, and that her steps were a little shaky, but that was a crawl.

* Kurtis Garland

(09/11/2019 at 13:52)
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
"See! Told you she was gonna crawl!" He cheered, scooping Lophie up and over his head. "She's a crawler! Officially on the go - baby proofing time!"

The poor girl got danced around quicker than a rollercoaster before finally being handed to her mum. "Why didn't we do this sooner?"

Adelaide Parfait

(09/12/2019 at 21:45)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"You did," replied the blonde, as she watched him pick their daughter up and wave her over his head as he danced around so terribly that Addy was almost in tears from her laughter, when Lo was suddenly plonked into her arms, and she looked down at her smiling daughter.

"It was your job," she replied, smiling at him, as she rocked their daughter.
« Last Edit: 09/13/2019 at 06:32 by Adelaide Parfait »

* Kurtis Garland

(09/13/2019 at 18:08)
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
"How was it my job?!" He exclaimed with a frown, momentarily stopping to swoop down and plonk a kiss on his kid's head. His kid.

"Wait," Kurt looked at his girlfriend in suspicion. "You mean..as long as I..we'll have more?"

Adelaide Parfait

(09/15/2019 at 16:42)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Yes!" Replied the blonde, with a tone that made it seem as though it was blatantly obvious-- simply because it was, "You 'ad to babyproof ze 'ouse."

She looked at him in confusion.

"What?"

* Kurtis Garland

(09/16/2019 at 19:49)
  • C13D10T6S7
    • View Profile
Now this wasn't the first time that they clashed in terms of language. Sometimes Kurt doubted that Addy even knew English, and then the other times he doubted that he knew English.

"What?"

It was more of a reaction than a response before he looked at Lophie and reached down to cover her little ears.

"I said why didn't we have kids sooner and you said it was my job. Why you goin' on about baby proofin' the place?"

Adelaide Parfait

(09/16/2019 at 21:23)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Addy looked over at him, their tiny daughter in between the pair. She watched as his face morphed into one of confusion, and his words only emphasised that.

She gave him a look of obviousness, which meant 'how do you not understand this?'. He then proceeded to cover her tiny little ears.

"Ze baby proofing was your job?" She asked, as she looked at her boyfriend, "You want more kids?"

She lifted Lo up slightly, so the little girl was sat in her arms, sat up, holding onto her body. Addy grinned as she stepped closer to him.