Vote for Player of the Summer!

Author Topic: sowing seeds || sunflower au  (Read 2355 times)

Kurtis Garland

(08/20/2019 at 19:03)
He was going to be a dad.

It was finally sinking in - weeks after the morning sickness, tantrums and arguments - that there would soon be another added to their little family of two.

God, if only he knew this was his future when he was younger, it would've made everything a whole lot easier.

As he sat there on the couch, coffee mug in hand, Kurt admired his heavily pregnant girlfriend from afar, a small smile resting on his face. "I can't believe they're almost here."
« Last Edit: 08/26/2019 at 20:48 by Marilyn-Rose Wilson »

Adelaide Parfait

(08/20/2019 at 21:17)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
She was going to be a mum.

Sure, she'd known that when she'd first showed up at her boyfriend's door, and had practically thrown the small stick at him before flopping on the sofa and swearing she'd never move again, but now it felt real. More real than it ever had done before.

She had-- once again-- a warm coffee in her hand, and was sat in a comfortable armchair, but it was not enough for the blonde. Adelaide Parfait was very tired, and fat, she was also very fat.

"And I cannot believe zat you are 'ogging ze canapé." Retorted the blonde, glancing jealously at the comfy seats.

Kurtis Garland

(08/20/2019 at 22:12)
He tried to say it without smiling but it was hard. "The what?"

Kurt knew what she meant - he'd be a rubbish boyfriend if he hadn't managed to pick up some every day objects that Addy had taken to saying a lot in whatever language she spoke - and he moved over to the end. "Come on then, Parfait." He jested, motioning for her to come across to sit down.

"Don't whine so much, I don't want our kid to catch it."

Adelaide Parfait

(08/20/2019 at 22:29)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Addy mock glared at him, or at least she tried to mock glare, as it may have come out a little more realistic than intended at his words.

However, he budged up, squishing himself at the end of the sofa, giving the woman-- and god, she was a woman now, and a mother-- more room than she could possibly need. Sighing dramatically, Addy heaved herself up and slowly walked over towards the sofa before plonking herself down, and laying down. With her head on Kurt's lap, and belly blocking her feet which were resting on the opposing armrest, she sighed slightly.

"I 'ate you." She replied calmly, "Zere is a rocking cot in ze nursery?"

Kurtis Garland

(08/20/2019 at 22:50)
Of course, Kurt was immune to Addy's glares by now. Not that they didn't cause a cold sweat to break out during arguments but at least now he knew when he should be diving out the window to give her room and when he should just give her more coffee.

With her head in his lap, he pushed back her hair from her face, gently running his fingers through it. It was something similar to what his mum did to him when he was younger - stressed out and scared that one day a hit would land his mum somewhere where he couldn't help her - that was akin to a head massage but not as hard, not as heavy. Light fingers and soft touches.

"Uh..there's a cot, I dunno if it's rocking or not. Do we have to have a rocking one?"

Adelaide Parfait

(08/20/2019 at 23:10)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
She hummed slightly-- a sound almost akin to a purr-- in agreement with the scalp massage. Well, it wasn't exactly that, but rather something much lighter and softer than the usual massage. She could feel the calmness seeping in as her breathing slowed. Adelaide smiled slightly from where she was laid. Hair out of the way, and alone with Kurt seemed the perfect place to snooze to the blonde, as her eyes softly closed.

But then he spoke again, and the illusion of sleep shattered.

"Aren't zey supposed to rock?" She asked, eyes wide open once again, as she looked up at him, "Aren't  zey better?"

Kurtis Garland

(08/21/2019 at 19:35)
"..I don't know why you're asking me that Addy, how am I meant to know?" He stressed, voice raising slightly in anxiety at the idea that he might have failed already before the kid was even born.

"We can make it rock, right? With magic? Or I'll just work some more and we'll buy a rocking one. Yeah?" Kurt was asking more for the sake of approval and reassurance than for permission.

Adelaide Parfait

(08/21/2019 at 21:40)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
His voice raised slightly, but just enough to stress out the blonde. Internally, she began to panic.

"I don't know." Snapped Addy, and maybe it was the fear of being a mother, maybe it was size of her stomach, or maybe it was the hormones (and it was probably the hormones) but Adelaide Parfait then promptly burst into tears. This was not an irregular occurrence, as it had happened as regularly as there being no milk in the fridge.

They fell down her cheeks in huge salty lumps as she looked up at Kurt.

Kurtis Garland

(08/21/2019 at 21:45)
Kurt swore that there must be a setting in a male's brain that completely shut it down when they witnessed a female crying.

He didn't know what to do for a solid few seconds, just staring at his girlfriend with wide eyes and an open mouth. Slowly, his hand patted her head - more like her hair because he was a little bit scared to touch her - and shushed her. "No, no. It'll be fine."

Tears were wiped with rough fingertips in a hurry to preserve her pretty face, "Please don't cry, we'll sort it. I'll make the damn cot myself if you'll stop crying."

Adelaide Parfait

(08/21/2019 at 22:06)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
She continued to cry, as the tears continued to escape, and breathing became harder. Kurt wasn't doing anything to help, of course he wasn't, because she was clearly a burden to him, forced to be a dad he didn't want to be locked down like that and--

Did he just pet her hair?

She looked up at him, just in time to be shushed, and his words reassured her slightly-- not much evidently, as the tears stubbornly continued to fall-- not even that she understood why, when he wiped the tears away.

"I'm not ready." She muttered, "At what time did life become rocking cots?"

Kurtis Garland

(08/21/2019 at 22:29)
The three words she uttered made his mind spin and his world turn upside down. He grabbed her shoulders, barely hearing what she said at the end, as he turned her round to face him.

His hands were separating, one to her cheek and the other to keep her still on her shoulder. "Adelaide, you listen to me now." Kurt tried not to shout at her and it came out like a whisper instead. "You are going to be a fantastic mother because the fact that you're  worrying so much means that you care and caring is half the battle."

Adelaide Parfait

(08/26/2019 at 20:53)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
She squealed-- slightly out of fear, mostly out of excitement-- as she felt Kurt grab her shoulders, his grip feeling tight to her. She was jostled to look at him, as she stared up at her boyfriend, when one of his hands touched her cheek, whilst the other remained exactly where it squeezed her shoulder.

His voice whispered, as he brought out her full name to emphasise his point. But his point was sweet, and she rolled her eyes slightly at him-- resisting the urge to go, 'oui maman' at his mothering, because honestly he was talking like she was stupid-- and instead raised her hands to pull his head-- and subsequently his hair-- so that she could kiss him.

Kurtis Garland

(08/27/2019 at 15:44)
She was kissing him then and his internal voice rewarded him for clearly doing a great job as this was his reward. A pat on the back for Garland, if he did say so himself.

He wrapped his arms around Addy, pulling her into a tight hug. "I love you."

He was a dad.

Having stolen the baby - his baby - from Addy when they entered the apartment, Kurt quickly made his way into the closet-room-turned-nursery with the bundle in his arms. "Look, Lophie," Yes, he already had her nickname and was putting it to full use. "This is where you're going to be sleeping. One day, we'll buy a new house and you can have a big room."

Adelaide Parfait

(08/27/2019 at 16:10)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"I love you too."

She was a mum.

Kurt was carrying the baby when they entered the apartment, and she was tired, already. She followed him towards the nursery, leaning against the door as she watched her boyfriend talk to their tiny baby-- their daughter. Despite disagreeing entirely with the nickname, she smiled as she watched him.

He looked like a dad, he truly did. It was almost uncanny.

Kurtis Garland

(08/27/2019 at 18:01)
"Addy - what if she stops breathing all alone here? Shouldn't we put her in our bed?" He looked down at the sleeping baby in his arms. "I don't think we thought this through."

This was the problem with first time parents. They didn't have any experience in what to do.

"Lophie's napping now but..what if she can't sleep tonight?"

Adelaide Parfait

(08/27/2019 at 18:43)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"And squish 'er?" Asked Adelaide, looking at her boyfriend incredulously, as though it was that obvious. She frowned as she looked at Kurtis Garland.

"Apparently zey do not sleep." She spoke, as she opened her arms in a request to hold her daughter, "And 'er name is Chloe. Can you carry ze rocking bed into our bedroom?"

She looked at her boyfriend, almost expectantly, slightly worried.

Kurtis Garland

(08/27/2019 at 19:27)
"..Oh right." He'd forgotten about that. She was so small and fragile and breakable. His hands looked massive holding her.

Kurt's face looked almost comical with the scared reaction as he looked to Addy. "What do you mean they don't sleep?!"

Completely ignoring the correction of Lophie's name, he gave her a kiss on the forehead before passing her over. "Yeah, yeah. I can do that."

two minutes later

"Ouch! Addy," He whined. "I dropped the cot on my foot."

one minute later

"Alright done. Can she drink coffee? I'll make some coffee."

Adelaide Parfait

(08/27/2019 at 20:38)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
His 'oh right' indicated to her that they were most certainly not ready, in fact, she was entirely sure that they were too young and too reckless to have their daughter. But it, she just couldn't help but fall in love with the little girl, and she loved Kurt-- who made her snort with his overdramatic terrified face.

"Appartmently zey are up all ze night." She replied, when she felt her daughter being placed into her arms. Humming softly as she bounced slightly, Addy smiled.

"Don't be a drama queen."

"No, she doesn't drink coffee, Kurt." Replied Addy, rolling her eyes at him, "But I do, and I want one."

She was sat on the sofa, with little Chloe in her lap, in her arms.

Kurtis Garland

(08/27/2019 at 21:40)
"Well, we'll have to take it in turns. You're uh..bottle feeding, right? So I can help feed?" He really hoped she was. Kurt thought that he might not mind getting up during the night if it was to cuddle and feed his beautiful daughter, so that his gorgeous girlfriend could sleep.

"..I'll make the coffee then." He disappeared for a few minutes and came back with two cups of hot coffee, along with a pack of cigarettes.

He'd handed over one cup to Addy by the time he was pulling out his lighter before pausing. "Does this mean we have to quit smoking?"

Adelaide Parfait

(08/27/2019 at 23:03)
  • Welcome Witch
  • C8T8S7D9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Adelaide Parfait didn't speak, but instead sent him a look, shaking her head slightly as she continued to bounce the baby-- their baby.

She smiled softly as he left with the promise of coffee, and then before she knew it-- after all, she was still slightly entranced in the sheer beauty of her own daughter. Soon, almost too soon in her opinion, he returned with cups-- presumably filled with coffee-- and a packet of cigarettes.

"Maybe." She stated simply, as she lifted one hand to drink her coffee, the other holding her daughter steadily. "It means zat we should not smoke around 'er."