Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: Player of the Week '57!  (Read 145 times)

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/15/2019 at 19:19)
  • Director of Camp Loki & Head of Hufflepuff
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Player of the Week!
Summer 1957

Every summer, the summer counsellors convene and nominate one new player (or a player that has returned from a long hiatus) each week to the honour of Player of the Week! These members have seriously impressed the summer counsellors, and we hope to see them around for many terms to come!
what's that playing on the radio
why do i start swaying to and fro
i have never heard that song before,
but if i don't hear it anymore

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/15/2019 at 19:21)
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Week 1: Min Hargrave!
From the Counsellors!

Min has been gone for a bit but you'd never guess if you were scanning the boards. She's amazingly active and has a bunch of great threads going. I love it when someone gets to open threads and rolls so in sync with what the person making it presented seamlessly, like the thread was actually meant for them. I also really appreciate her presence on Discord as she is consistently positive and friendly to everyone. --Lupin Sol

Why? Have you ever seen the site during that awful between time, when it's halfway through term and there's a fair few weeks before summer begins. If your character is aged 11-18, you're gonna have a pretty rough time. Min, however, did not allow this to deter her. Instead, she was active in Main Chat, and plotting straight off the bat. She'd set herself a plot page up and has easily fit into the site in one of the smoothest transitions I've ever seen. I truly cannot wait to see where she goes from here. --Marilyn-Rose Wilson

Wow you'd never have thought she'd been gone! She jumped right back in and got involved again absolutely seamlessly. I'm really impressed with the very diverse characters and plots she's gotten involved with, and it makes her a really fun read. Min is a very promising character as a result, and I can't wait to see everything she gets up to at the castle. --Dolores Holiday

About Min!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames?
Min! <3
How did you find HSNet?
I don't even remember anymore! Though it was most likely through trusty Google.
What made you decide to join?
I've been in and out of the site since it was hosted in its original server, and I originally joined just because it seemed like a fun idea at the time. I kept coming back because of the amazing community <3 And the Hoggies drama, of course.
Which book is your favorite in the series?
The Sorcerer's Stone. I read it before the series blew up, not a lot of people knew about it then. I was so captivated by the worldbuilding that I reread it so many times. It's definitely the most memorable book for me.
Who is your favorite character from the books?
Hermione Granger ^^
Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet?
The boys! Min's been busy assembling her girl gang, she somehow forgot about them (except you, Mouse. You and Min have got history <3)
What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?
Come Together! Sandy and Astro are the cutest in this <3
What is one thing about Min that no one knows?
She practices martial arts! She took elective courses on them when she was in Méiguī. She's far from an expert, but she can do a decent butterfly kick.
What is one thing about Min that everyone should know?
Min has a love affair with snacks. It doesn't matter - sweet or savory - she'll have them all. Now you know what to bribe her with.
What are you most excited about for when term begins?
More plots! More threads! Castle shenanigans! Also finding out what House Min will be.
Any last words?
I'm so excited to be back, and I'd love to plot with you all! Hmu on Min's plot page, or you can PM me or find me on Discord, I lurk there every once in a while ^^
« Last Edit: 08/23/2019 at 13:29 by Clinton Litchfield »
coming to your house, knocking at your door
you're my first sip of wine. you cool me, cool me down
left your clothes next to the bed, some pretty pictures in my head
i hope you had a great summer, a great summer away

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/23/2019 at 13:29)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 2: Edith Adler!
From the Counsellors!

She's pretty new, but she's already jumping in. From introductions to plot pages she's trying to get her plots rolling. She's also been posting in open threads and everything. Edie is a very well though out character and is so fun to read. I can't wait to see more. --Apollo Marquis

Edie!! What a lovable gal! So friendly and nice to chat to. It’s amazing to see how integrated she’s become in the community in such a short amount of time. Of course, it’s hard not to love someone who’s as happy as Edie. Personally have thoroughly enjoyed chatting to her and can not wait to see how she conquers the castle! --Henry Reed

For one, whenever a new player knows how to code right off the bat, I'm easily impressed. Beyond her very pretty introduction, Edith has been popping up with threads all over the summer board, and it only took one post for me to want to follow her all summer and beyond! --Goose Märchen

About Edith!

Hopefully coming soon!
« Last Edit: 08/23/2019 at 13:30 by Clinton Litchfield »
i see a mansard roof through the trees
i see a salty message written in the eaves
the ground beneath my feet, the hot garbage and concrete
and now the tops of buildings, i can see them too

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/23/2019 at 13:32)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 3: Dante Wolf!
From the Counsellors!

Dante took on the infirmary case study right away, and with each post you can see the writing and interactions becoming more comfortable and fluent. It's a pretty big task to have to synthesize multiple team members' posts into a coherent reply and Dante has stepped up to the challenge phenomenally. The character is just beginning to grow. I hope we get to see more of where he goes at the castle! --Bracken Thomas

Dante seems to be easing into the boards in terms of what he takes on, but diving into the case study in the infirmary was definitely a big undertaking. It's not easy to dive in with a whole bunch of characters and manage to keep everything together for experienced roleplayers, but he did it beautifully. Just based on that alone, I can't wait to see how he tackles the castle and all the activities there. --Lia Ayres

Dante joined the boards not too long ago, but you wouldn't know it from the way he jumped straight into the Infirmary. I was really impressed by how he handled his character throughout that thread. That's a tricky situation, even for seasoned members—there are so many moving parts!—but Dante dealt with it amazingly. He's off to a great start, and I can't wait to see what he tackles next. --Athanasia Valenti

About Dante!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames? Dante, Dan, close friends might even call him 'D' =D

How did you find HSNet? Just google it  ::)

What made you decide to join? I'm from Spain and I moved to the US about 2 years ago, and back there I used to roleplay in a forum like this for Bleach (anime). When I moved I stopped but now I think I'm ready to take on a roleplay forum in my foreign language! So the challenge and passion for Harry Potter made me decide to join HSNet. (Therefore I apologize for my spelling/grammar mistakes in the future and you are all welcome to correct me, thanks!)

Which book is your favorite in the series? It will always be the Philosopher's stone. That first contact with the HP's world will be unforgettable. I'm going to add another category here since I'm a gamer, and my favorite HP game was The Goblet of Fire (PS2) for some reason x)

Who is your favorite character from the books? I l have a thing for Snape ;D. The whole twisted background and how he acts fascinates me and gotta give a shoutout to JK Rowlin because she deserves it!

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet? I'm pretty new here so with everybody!!

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why? Thriller Night Is the only one Dante's now but shortly he'll be in Diagon Alley and Hogwarts!

What is one thing about Dante that no one knows? He likes to dance when nobody is looking, but deep in his heart, he wants to show everyone his dance skills. Shhh, its a secret!

What is one thing about Dante that everyone should know? Despite his first wall of defense, Dante's got a big heart and he is a really good friend of his friends. (And it's so easy to gift on his Birthday: anything! And if it includes food, better!)

What are you most excited about for when term begins? Start the journey officially and be sorted in a house! Dante desires to be in Ravenclaw and he has the characteristics of them, but given his past and sometimes his attitude, Slytherin could be an option too.

Any last words? Thank you so much, everyone, for this, it's a pleasure to get to introduce myself like this, and I'm so excited to start the term and see how Dante's journey goes! I'm a little shy in the beginning but I hope I get to know you all better and you get to know me! So far, I've been chatting on discord and I think you all are awesome! And thanks again for helping me set up my application and picture and everything! I really appreciate it!
what's that playing on the radio
why do i start swaying to and fro
i have never heard that song before,
but if i don't hear it anymore

Tags: