Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: zip zap zoom // elizabeth  (Read 77 times)

Min Hargrave

(08/13/2019 at 08:31)
  • Sixth Year
  • C7D8T5S7
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Watch your back!" Min screamed at Mouse, waving a hand  vigorously to get him to focus on the game.

"Oh god," the young witch tensed as she watched her friend notice the Bludger that was sent his way. "Oh god- Dummy! Mouse! Don't panic!" she shrieked, totally panicking herself.

She swiveled sideways  to Elizabeth, clamping her fingers around the younger girl's arm. "I can't watch this, is the Bludger gonna hit him? Oh god, he's gonna get hit, isn't he?" A beat, and Min exhaled frustratedly, turning back towards the game. "STOP SCREAMING AND LOOK FOR THE SNITCH!"

Goodness, they were only a few minutes in and already she was this worked up. Was she going to have a conniption by the end of this?

Elizabeth Cavendish

(08/19/2019 at 19:20)
  • Third Year
  • C1D3T2S2
    • View Profile
Min clamped Elizabeth's arm hard, causing the younger girl to wince at the action. While the older girl next to her was screaming and yelling at the game, Elizabeth was a lot more relaxed. She sat poised in her seat watching the game and watched intensely, her eyes following each movement like a hawk. But she couldn't bring herself to do any of the shouting that Min was.

Carefully prying her arm back, she threw a glance at Min before returning to the game.

Some of the people were not the best flyers. Elizabeth had to admit she was spoiled by watching professional quidditch players too often - her father liked to make an appearance at those sorts of things - but she did feel bad for those like Mouse who were physically screaming at their movements.

She glanced up and pointed in that direction. "I think it's up there," she said peacefully to Min, almost hoping the girl would yell it out to the players, "The snitch, that is."

Her gaze turned back to the older girl. "Do you ever play?"

Min Hargrave

(08/21/2019 at 10:50)
  • Sixth Year
  • C7D8T5S7
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
She was deeply impressed with how Elizabeth could keep her composure throughout the game. The younger girl held so much poise that Min felt a bit self-conscious.

But only for a moment, though.

As soon as the game's pace picked up once more, the young witch forgot about handling herself with grace and shot up from her seat, mostly to cheer for her friends. "Don't fall, don't fall-" she muttered as Mouse got nicked by the bludger, flopping back to her chair in relief as he rightened himself and continued on his hunt for the snitch.

Min followed Elizabeth's finger, squinting to look for the elusive golden ball. As she saw it glinting in the distance, the young girl cupped her palms around her mouth and shouted, "Oi! Mouse! The snitch is in the other direction!"

"Do you ever play?"

"Hm?" Min glanced sideways, "Me? Nah, not like this at least." She eyed the pitch, where the action had quieted a little, before turning back on the younger girl. "It's not as competitive in Méiguī as it is here."

Elizabeth Cavendish

(08/27/2019 at 11:15)
  • Third Year
  • C1D3T2S2
    • View Profile
Min, as expected, yelled out to Mouse, trying to direct him towards the snitch. Elizabeth couldn't help the smile touch her face as her hand moved away and she acted as if she was distracted by something else. Her eyes flickered across Mouse, hoping he would react.

"Meigui?" she asked, knowing she had butchered the word even as she said it. She winced openly, making it clear she wasn't happy with that pronunciation. She hadn't realised that Min wasn't from around here. She also hadn't known that quidditch wasn't such a big thing elsewhere.

"You could always try." Elizabeth turned her attention away from the match, where they were still struggling to fly properly. "Would you want to?"

Elizabeth had considered it. But she wasn't sure what her parents would think. It didn't seem like the most elegant of sports for her to play. Besides, she'd have to learn to fly first.

Min Hargrave

(08/29/2019 at 19:09)
  • Sixth Year
  • C7D8T5S7
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Yeah," Elizabeth's pronunciation wasn't too far off, and Min smiled encouragingly to show she'd done a good enough job. "That's my old school in China. We have a small Quidditch club that plays casual games occasionally." There was more focus given to martial arts- the people there tended to be resistant towards embracing anything foreign.

She would love to play as well as those who are in the pitch now, and gave a shrug at the younger girl's question. "Sure, it looks wicked cool from down here," who knows, she might give it a try once term starts, "I have so much to catch up on though, they're all already so good." She can fly decently, but maneuvering oneself in a game of Quidditch was a different ball game.

"Would you go to the try-outs, if you could?" Elizabeth seemed to be from a well-off family; Min assume she'd have flying lessons early.

Elizabeth Cavendish

(09/01/2019 at 10:27)
  • Third Year
  • C1D3T2S2
    • View Profile
The smile meant she hadn't completely embarrassed herself and Elizabeth was grateful she hadn't made a fool of herself. "I hadn't heard of it. You must tell me more about it some time." Of course, this wasn't the time and place - they were watching a quidditch game.

"I would wager that you'd not struggle to catch up if you started training weekly," Elizabeth continued, glancing at their manoeuvres. While Min thought they were all really good, Elizabeth (rather hypercritically) couldn't agree. She had probably been fair too spoiled by real Quidditch players.

When asked about going to the try-outs, she blushed. "I've never learnt to fly."

It was something she had always been interested in, but it had felt rude to ask. She had rather suspected her parents were scared of letting her try, before now. After all, they already had a squib child - if they had another, setting her loose on a broom would have been shameful. Perhaps Hogwarts would be her chance.

Tags: