Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: Thriller Night || INFIRMARY CASE STUDY  (Read 675 times)

* Lia Ayres

(08/16/2019 at 03:17)
  • Expelled
  • C13D6T10S10
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Get off me!" she whined, but Lia was grinning as Alice leaned on her head. To be completely honest, she'd gotten pretty used to that by this point, what with Hogwarts being insanely tall. "Go heal a vampire or something."

Cleaning off the awful creature seemed to be helping, which was a plus. Bracken looking at her like she was supposed to be reining in the littles was definitely not. This wasn't her case study; she wasn't responsible for taking care of them or being in charge of them. And definitely not Grey, who seemed to always show up in her worst moments. So she just made a face back at Bracken.

Getting rid of all the dirt on the awful thing made the bruises on its neck stand out even more. At least, she knew how to fix that, assuming that zombies had the same rules for healing as people did. She grabbed from bruise removal paste from the potions stores and applied it to the spots on its neck. That should do the trick.
but my unsteady heart's not ready
and you would only get
what's left of me

* Henry Reed

(08/16/2019 at 22:39)
  • Seventh Year
  • C15D7T15S7
  • Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
He'd tried to stay mostly behind Marilyn, letting the two incoming sixth years take the lead with the case study. It wasn't that he wasn't confident, no, Henry thought he was at least competent to be helping out in the infirmary. He just..didn't want to step on anybodies toes. There would be points where he would step in and direct someone that the other two hadn't noticed or who needed a little bit more support than they were being given.

Giving them the answer was hard not to do because Henry knew how stressful situations where something depends on your actions were - not to mention the potentially triggering activities that involved first years and mythical being illnesses. How was a ten year old meant to know how to stop a zombie infection? Or a vampire bite?

The werewolf group seemed to be a bit everywhere and he hovered nearby, just in case. Including a little moral question might not have been his best idea but it wasn't like anybody would notice. Unless he said it, Henry very much doubted that someone would have a moment to think of anything but trying to help the injured dummy.

Marilyn had spoken to Gia - thankfully - so he wouldn't have to explain why stuffing food down an unable-to-eat-dummy's mouth wasn't a good idea and he motioned to the fellow Hufflepuff to the shorter girl when he witnessed her shoving random things into..what looked like an attempt at making a paste. Mari would have to take one for the team.

Mari had also spoke to Bea, which Henry couldn't help but ignore as he went to talk to the incoming second year anyways. "Don't worry about Mari, lots of people forgot. Good job with the cleaning of the wound." A nod was sent and then he moved on.

A sigh escaped him from Sandy's comment as he hung nearby. Lowering his voice, Henry'd mutter towards him, "Sorry Sandy but one more comment like that and I'm going to have to ask you to sit out - we don't accept discrimination here." However, he patted the younger boy on the shoulder for the unspoken praise of aloe vera being added. That would effectively decrease the hives on the dummy.

Ole had as much a right as any of them to be there and in Henry's eyes, she was doing a very good job whether she had magic or not. Speaking of the girl, she had done what Bracken had suggested as if the dummy had been suffocating and he smiled at her. "Make sure that you hit them with the heel of your hand around five or so times on the back to try and dislodge the object before you start abdominal thrusts. Good job, though!"

Henry didn't know the name of the boy with brown hair [Dante] that was near the vampire dummy but he smiled at him anyways. "Burn paste is good - I think that could do with wrapping now that it's not going to get infected."

Chris was applying salve also and Henry glanced over his shoulder to watch. "Good job, Chris. Just wrap it now and that's an entire injury sorted. Well done."

Next up in his little line that he was walking down was some curly haired boy [Mouse] that he couldn't remember the name of, but he had started to praise before watching as he dabbed at the previously cleaned wound with his shirt. "Oh - uh, you'll have to re-clean that buddy, your shirt might have brought some germs as there's no telling whether it got dirty again."

Then last but not least: Lia. Henry rolled his eyes at her and Alice's messing around. "You two are worse than the first years!" He joked at them, then grinned at Lia's practical healing. "No more bruises on the neck! I'm sure you don't need me to tell you but good job."

He shuffled off then, hovering around the supplies tent, to let Bracken or Marilyn do their round as maybe he'd be of more use making sure that Gia doesn't go for any more cupcakes..Besides, if he gave a few people little hints on what to get from the supplies, the other two wouldn't notice, right?

Here's your updated list!:

Team 1: Team Zombie
  • Hemorrhage on back of head
  • Strange old bruises on neck, dirty
  • Human bite marks on right shoulder, large
  • Human bite marks on right forearm, moderate, infected
  • Deep scratches across chest, infected
  • Dislocated left knee

Team 2: Team Vampire
  • Deep bite marks on neck
  • Bite marks on right wrist, moderate, infected, hives
  • Burns covering a large portion of the left arm, infected
  • A large wound in the heart, due to a stake, deep
  • Burns covering the face
  • Extra hives from an allergic reaction (garlic?)

Team 3: Team Werewolf
  • Large werewolf(?) scratch across its face
  • Finger ripped off
  • Scratch across stomach
  • Broken arm
  • Bruising on legs
  • Werewolf(?) bite
  • Choking on cupcake
keep our DISASTERS in a suitcase by the door

Lysander Stone

(08/17/2019 at 04:04)
  • Fourth Year
  • C10D11T8S12
  • Player of the Week Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Discrimination, Henry said. Didn't seem much like that from where Sandy was standing. Seemed a lot more like a muggle with wizard parents had wandered into camp and no counselor had ever told her to shove off. She would orbit around wizard society forever and never be a part of it. Worst of all, there were special ministry witches that made muggles forget things for a living and could put squibs in the proper places and they'd be a part of their own kind. They didn't though.

Arguing back against Henry would be dumb. It was pointless. Sandy hadn't even said anything wrong. Only that Muggles shouldn't see magic. It was law and that meant it wasn't discrimination because the law was, by definition, fair even when it was bogus.

"Yeah, whatever."

Sandy scowled and kept his head down. For the smartest kid at Hogwarts, Henry could be proper dumb about things. The last thing Sandy wanted was to hurt Henry's feelings about that though.

"Henry's a worrywort," he whispered over the dummy to Mouse, "Your shirt'll do fine. Don't worry about it."

Any complaints he had with Mouse were in the past. Most of the complaints. The kid was a flop but at least he was trying to do stuff now.

He still had no idea how to fix the oozing hole in the dummy's wrist but had definitely found a solution to the bumps. He coated his hand in another handful of aloe gunk and slathered it on the other parts of raised ribly bits [hives].

"I reckon you're right," he nodded to Dante. The hole in the dummy's chest was reall something. Sandy sure as heck wouldn't want the same in his chest. "Do we cork it or what?"
its gonna take you people years to recover from all of the damage

* Mouse Märchen

(08/17/2019 at 12:51)
  • Sixth Year
  • C5D8T5S7
    • View Profile
"Henry's a worrywort, Your shirt'll do fine. Don't worry about it."

Mouse actually cackled. "A worrywort? Why do people say that, I didn't know warts worried..did you? Have you ever known a wart to worry? Oh! Maybe it's because people get worried when they see a wart. That'd make sense. I've heard that if you pee on a wart, it makes it go away. I've never had one so I don't know if it's accurate. Have you? Imagine if the dummy had a wart, we'd all have to pee on them." It was a paragraph with not enough intakes of breath and too many questions, spurting out of his mouth at the same pace that they entered his head.

He listened to Sandy anyways because he seemed to know enough, even if Mouse remembered him to be a first year when he was a second year. Some firsties were smart, that was good for them.

Dabbing his shirt on the wound just one more time to get off any extra spillage of the liquid, Mouse looked over and joined in the conversation that was going on around the heart of the dummy. "I think plugging it would make the blood build and build and build until it pops the cork out because there's no other place for it to go, it might drown the heart." He didn't know whether it was possible to drown a heart but this was magic and a dummy that wasn't supposed to bleed so Mouse wasn't going to take any chances.

"Maybe.." He hummed, before moving off to the supplies to grab some more of that wrapping-stuff. Kneeling back by the dummy, he'd start to pack the wound with the gauze in hopes that it would stop the bleeding.
Maybe     I'm     a   different     breed

Maybe    I'm    not      listening

Blame         it          on         my ADD  baby

Gianna DeAngelis

(08/17/2019 at 23:32)
  • Fifth Year
  • C5D4T3S4
    • View Profile
"No, thanks." She said to Mari more quiet than normal. It wasn't fair. She had just been trying to help and stupid Ole was treating her like a child telling Luella to watch her. Pft. Gia didn't need anyone to watch her. She could do it. SHE REALLY COULD! She just had to prove it.

But how... Oh this was hard. She obviously wasn't as smart as the other people, but she needed to keep her head up. Maybe she was just terrible at everything. Was it possible that someone had no talent whatsoever?

She shook the thoughts from her mind though as she rubbed in the ointment. At least Ole had gotten the dummy to stop choking.

Gia sat for a minute to think of what to do next. "Use your big powerful brain, Gia." She said to herself with a smile. She loved smiling. Ole should try it more often.

Then she perked up as an idea can to her. She knew how to stop the bleeding! She even brought matches with her just in case.

"Yes!" She yelled as she punched the air. While the other students were doing other things, Gia grabbed a scalpel. It'd be better than nothing, but a knife would be ideal. Her uncle showed her how to do this. She actually knew something the others didn't!!

Although she didn't see a place where she could start a fire.

After a minute she shrugged and went back around to the dummy. Fine. She would just hold the match under the scalpel and hope for the best.

Striking up the match she held it under the scalpel, but she didn't pay attention to when the flame got bigger and traveled down the stick. "Ow!" She yelled as she dropped the match onto the cut where she had applied the mixture of ointments.

* Christoph Alexander Grey

(08/18/2019 at 20:01)
  • Fourth Year
  • C8D6T5S5
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Chris focused and began rewrapping the bite mark now that it was cleaned. The gauze he used before still nearby. That injury should be checked off now and he could listen to the goings-on around him. He heard Sandy and Henry and he thought about that whole situation for a few moments. He liked the Squib girl. She was nice, interesting. He spoke to her a bit the previous Summer but...he found Sandy had a point regardless. He wasn't agreeing in a malicious way. Just an honest one.

"Sandy has a point. I mean... magic used in front of Squibs is dangerous. It could affect the statute of secrecy. Nothing he said was untrue." He pointed out softly looking at Sandy briefly before looking at Henry. "I don't have an issue with Squibs and I'm not trying to discriminate against anyone." He paused because honestly he would be a hypocrite if you wear just discriminating against the young woman for the fact that she was a squib given his orientation issues.

"But it isn't right to scold Sandy for saying something about the statute of secrecy that's true. I think she's pretty neat...but she still isn't magical. That's not her fault. But it's the truth." He finishes before looking down at the dummy in front of him feeling slightly embarrassed for making the comments he was making even though he knew that he was speaking the truth. He went back to what he was doing and double-checked his work real quick, because undoubtedly he would be told to sit out or scolded at the very least.
I said I didn't want trouble. I'm the boy in the bubble, but then came trouble.

Luella Jones

(08/18/2019 at 21:47)
  • American Model
  • C6D4T5S5
    • View Profile
“Lu, get that silver on the bite. And make sure she stays out of trouble.”

"Aye aye captain" Luella giggled, a little salute sent Ole's way. Dipping her fingers into the powder, she ran it lightly along the dummy's deep stomach scratch wound

After a few minutes of applying different layers of the powder over the stomach scratch, Luella put the bottle down and glanced around. Where did Gia go? Though she wasn't fond of also being put as a babysitter, Luella had to agree with Olette that maybe she should keep an eye on that girl. With the cupcake mess, clearly she needed some supervision.

"Ow!" Head whipping to look behind her, Luella's eyes widened as she watched a very lit flame tumble down onto the dummy. A small flame started up but it wasn't too large to stay aflame. The fire only disappeared, a dark burn mark showing up on the dummy.

"Oh my godric" She groaned, pointing her finger over towards where her bucket was.

"Can someone grab me my bucket and some burn paste?" She could add some water to the burn mark and then bandage the mark up after putting some burn ointment on top.

She looked over at where the light mocha skinned girl stood. Luella marched over.

"What the hell Gia!? What were you thinking? We could have lost even more points! Are you hurt?" Her hands gripped onto the girl's shoulders, her blue eyes wide. Lord how she had to hold herself back from shaking the girl like crazy.
« Last Edit: 08/18/2019 at 22:42 by Luella Jones »

* Marilyn-Rose Wilson

(08/18/2019 at 23:29)
  • Hufflepuff '59
  • C7D7T7S10
    • View Profile
Marilyn-Rose Wilson was already tired of people.

It wasn't even that far into camp, and there was already a heated argument going on that was pushing out a member of the group-- Jere's Bambi. Henry had told Sandy to lay off, and he had not, and then the little swarmy one that had tried to put bandages on before cleaning the wound had joined in. She sighed dramatically as she approached the two little boys.

"Listen to me, and listen to me good and clear. That girl--" and she definitely wasn't saying that because she didnt know Bambi's name, "--probably belongs here much more than I do. She is not breaking the statue of secrecy as her entire family are magical and she grew up with magic. I, on the other hand, grew up in a muggle family, with no awareness of magic, my family-- all muggles-- suddenly became more aware of magic because of me. If anything, I don't belong here, she does. So play nice, Sandy, and you too other kid. And it's clear you do have a problem. Oh and she's twice the witch you'll ever be, even without magic."

With a sweet smile, Mari then moved along to another problem, and god, there was always another problem. Gia had brought matches with her, as an-- apparently useful-- item. Gia had then proceeded to drop the match onto the dummy, which-- fortunately, had not caught alight, as the dummies were realistic enough for that to not happen. Fortunately, Luella had grabbed the younger girl, and Marilyn approached her.

"Gia, give me the matches." She spoke calmly, hand out, "And if you're hurt I can get you some ice."

It was nice, enough, better than Luella's shoulder grabbing violent antics. She once again offered the cupcake to the younger girl.

"Take a break if you need one, Gia. You've plenty of time. Or ask for help, there's no harm in it."

U P D A T E  # 1

V: Sandy successfully soothes the hives on the skin of the Vampire dummy!
V: The gauze will definitely collect the blood, but can't really be counted as bandaging! Good try!
W: Gia, although having dropped the match onto the dummy does not set fire to the dummy. A small flame appears, but quickly dies, and instead leaves a minor burn mark on the skin of the dummy. Although the ointments don't seem to do much to help...
Z: Chris successfully rewraps the bite mark that is now nice and clean. That's a healed injury!
W: Luella successfully manages to clean the stomach scratch with the powder and eliminates the possibility of the dummy becoming a werewolf.

• Dislocated left knee

• Bite marks on right wrist, moderate, infected
  • hives

• Finger ripped off
  • Scratch across stomach
  • Broken arm
  • Bruising on legs
  • Werewolf(?) bite
  • Choking on cupcake
  • Small burn mark from the match
well, my heart knows me better than i know myself,
so i'm gonna let it do all the talking

* Beatrice Caulfield

(08/18/2019 at 23:30)
  • Third Year
  • C4D3T2S2
    • View Profile
It seemed as though she was doing the right thing, as Henry had complimented her on it, and Henry was definitely a smart person-- when he didn't smoke, that was-- so it was a good sign. He'd also told her to ignore Marilyn, which was apparently the name of the stupid blonde that had told her off for finding a loophole in the rules. It wasn't Bea's fault that the rules were badly written, presumably by the obnoxious one who was too busy snogging girls to care about anyone else in the world. She nodded back seriously.

Once the wound looked clean enough, and by that she meant spotless without any blood or dirt clogging it up-- after all, even a 'clean' wound harboured dirt-- the blonde stared down at the needle and thread, pinching the thread between her thumbs as she attempted to slip it into the needle. It took her a while, and as she did so, she listened to the topic of conversation. A frown curved at the edges of her lips as both Lye and Chris commented upon whether or not Ole belonged. Of course she did! Olette had given Bea a home when there was no other one around, made her feel safe and welcome in what was an entirely new country and had helped Bea read her books, and had read to the younger girl. Her frown strengthened, as she looked up from her needle for a second, debating saying something-- anything-- before backing down once again.

The thread slipped through the eye, and the first part was done. Bea sent Ole an apologetic look for the words of her peers, and--more specifically-- Lye. She promised herself that if he said anymore then she'd tell them both to stop the conversation, and that Olette did belong here, but not now. Instead, she looked down, hair protecting her from the rest of the group, and ears perked up and listening, as she began to sew the wound together.

Stitches were just like darning socks, right?

* Olette Carroll

(08/19/2019 at 01:00)
  • Squib
    • View Profile
Olette sighed with relief as she dislodged the cupcake. But her relief was temporary when she suddenly heard Gia cry out with an “Ow!” and a match fell onto the dummy. Wasn’t Luella supposed to be watching her?

Olette started to go for the match when something caught her ears. “-magic use in front of Squibs is dangerous.” She bit her lip as the boy continued. Why was it dangerous? She’d been around magic her whole life. Why was it dangerous now?

She hadn’t even registered what Luella had said. Something about water. Then Marilyn was talking about her. They were talking about her as though she wasn’t even there. Like she was invisible…

Olette wanted to cry. She knew she shouldn’t, crying was for kids. But she had worked hard at changing her appearance, her personality to be noticed. God, she just wanted Jeremiah there. He’d do something about it. But he didn’t care about her anymore.

She tried to focus on the dummy. All the scratches and it seemed like nothing they were doing was working. Though she knew that was mostly because of Gia, she couldn’t help feeling it was her fault. She was the squib of the group. She was the dumb one, she’d never been to Hogwarts or any type of magical schooling. She didn’t belong there.

Olette attempted to apply some of the burn cream to where the match had fallen. She wasn’t sure how much more she could handle. She looked around the room. Some of the people were subtly looking at her, whispering. She saw’s Bea’s apologetic face. “I… I should go…” she said quietly to her teammates. Olette grabbed her bag and headed out the door, holding back the tears she knew would fall as soon as she stepped outside.
You can look right through me
Walk right by me
And ne
ver know I'm there

* Lia Ayres

(08/19/2019 at 01:08)
  • Expelled
  • C13D6T10S10
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"You two are worse than the first years!"

"Oh, bugger off Henry," Lia told him, but she was grinning. "You know how awful it is to be this short and people always using you as an armrest." Actually, Henry was probably the only one who actually got it.

The awful zombie thing was starting to look a bit better but Lia still wasn't convinced that they should even be healing these things. Shouldn't they just bury them out in the forest and wish them the best? She was pretty sure they were just supposed to be healing people, not these awful creatures. But it didn't seem like she was going to get anywhere with this, so she might as well just get on with it.

She glanced over their patient, noting that it still had some serious scrapes and cuts covering it. Returning to the potions stores, she grabbed some wound cleaning potion and applied it to the bite marks on the awful thing's forearm. They couldn't heal it when it was infected like that. If it was infected, did that mean it was still alive? She shuddered. How awful.

Waiting for the potion to do its job, she glanced around at the other 'patients' and how they were doing. But what she saw instead was one poor girl who seemed to be taking criticism after criticism. Lia didn't have much patience for dumb people, but how much could people take before they were dealing with tears on top of these awful things? She felt bad for the kid.

Glancing over at the werewolf looking creature - god, she was glad she wasn't working on that. Too many memories - she headed back to the potion stores, grabbing some murtlap essence. She reached for the Gia's hand to slip the vial into it.

"Put this on his scratches. It should do the trick," she whispered into the girl's ear. She wasn't sure that she was supposed to be helping out the other teams, but she also didn't really care.
but my unsteady heart's not ready
and you would only get
what's left of me

Dante Wolf

(08/19/2019 at 01:52)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D0T1S1
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Dante was happy with his team, and they even listened to him! That felt great to him.  He rushed and finished all the wrapping in the wound he was treating (infected).
-Woah, that took longer than I thought! Name’s Dante. - He said in a regular tone of voice. He was introducing himself because he knew they had to figure out what to do with the Dummy.

The healing process on the dummy was looking pretty good and they were almost finished with all of it. There was this big deep wound by the heart they better figure it out- although somebody was going ahead already and press it with some gauze to collect the blood- infected wounds on the wrist and bites on the neck.

- Now the wound is clearer after collecting the blood we should be able to press the wound wrapping it with a lot of bandages around the body to... fix it, I guess, after all is a Dummy, isn’t it?- Dante said scratching the back of his head.

He felt more confident now and he had really good hopes on everybody. Something was suggesting him that this was going to be a good school year at Hogwarts. He took a chance to look around and really admire where he was at. Ok, it wasn’t the big castle of Hogwarts that had to go through to get to the camp, but it was part of it, pretty much!

He thought he was very lucky that, even with all he had been through, he had a chance at Hogwarts to proof that no matter the family you come from or the blood line you have been given, you are totally worth it and should be treated as equal. But that was all in Dante’s mind, it was time to more working and less thinking, he didn’t want to make the Dummy bleed out. (Is that even posible?)

Lysander Stone

(08/19/2019 at 02:55)
  • Fourth Year
  • C10D11T8S12
  • Player of the Week Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Keeping his head down had earned him no respite. Marilyn started harping on as well. Bea was mad at him and he didn't get it. Henry and Marilyn were mad at him and he didn't get it. Seemed like half the assembled people had a problem with him agreeing with Marilyn and the law. They could get stuffed.

"I said yeah, Marilyn. I got it. Now get off my back."

Not Bea though. She couldn't get stuffed. He raised a concerned eye to her. 

"You all good,  Bea?"

He definitely didn't need Christoph Grey sticking up for him.

He was dabbing gauze at the bite marks on the creatures neck. "
how'd you all fix the infection?  I tried and I stuffed it all up."

The squib left. He was very grateful to her. Maybe now everyone would drop the subject and they could all get on with proper wizard things.

"Oi I got a question but," he said, raising his hand after he'd already begun and dropping it even before a counselor made eye contact, "Some monsters hurt you and it can't be healed if you don't got magic. Our dummys might be dying because of the Muggle thing. It don't seem right."

In the werewolf attack in '56, it had been the magic hospital that the teachers had taken the survivors. Muggles wouldn't know what to do with them. Aiden and Artie and Julia would be dead now.

"And half the potions in the store cupboard are magic stuff. If we're playing Muggle on account of what-if-they-see then we shouldn't be using potions neither."
« Last Edit: 08/21/2019 at 18:08 by Lysander Stone »
I am as bright as the sun
I burn up all that I choose

* Christoph Alexander Grey

(08/19/2019 at 06:28)
  • Fourth Year
  • C8D6T5S5
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Christoph was rather irritated with this entire situation. He didn't know much more he could do here, he didn't think he'd been mean or anything with his comments about the Squib girl. Undoubtedly Lysander was irritated that he stuck up for him  but he didn't just do it for him. He did it because it was the right thing to do wasn't it? He didn't think it right Sandy getting raked over the coals for bringing up a valid point. So what if he wasn't as nice about it as some people would have been? It didn't change the truth. Why would Squibs even come to a magical Summer Camp? He wasn't trying to be rude...but it didn't seem like they could do much there.

Chris pushed it out of his mind enough to look at the list. To look at the bloody dummy and see what it was in need of. He wasn't qualified to do two of the four things left. Lia was working on another. This left the scratches. They weren't infected anymore...did this mean they didn't need further cleaning? He would assume so as he went ahead and grabbed a sewing needle and thread and stitched the deep scratches back together again.

Was this helpful? Did it knock another thing off the list? He was eager to find out rather than just standing around. He was glad he took advantage of this time to actually do something even though part of him wanted to follow Ole and try and explain that it hadn't been personal. But it had hadn't it? It might not have been meant the way that it had had come out...but he still said it. Believed it. Sandy had had points and while he wasn't too keen on the idea of like pushing Squibs out by force. He thought maybe they might be better off with non magic folk. Not for the sake of Wizards but for the sake of the Squibs who might feel out of place and as if they don't belong.

No he was definitely convinced that at the very least his heart was in the right place and he was concerned about their feelings of displacement more than anything. He was right to a point. But there was a nagging voice in the back of his mind whispering in his ear that it would be easier if the Squibs weren't around anymore. If they were banished. Of course he squashed that voice and reminded himself the Squibs should be allowed to choose though he also had thoughts on that as well. Things were far too lax. What if they ended up in the muggle world and blabbed to people they saw as more alike to them? It could spell the end of magic. No something more serious needed to be in place to prevent that. He just didn't understand why this meant he had a thing against Squibs? He found Ole to be delightful. He had no issues with bloody Squibs!
Step on the glass, Staple your tongue.

* Henry Reed

(08/30/2019 at 19:04)
  • Seventh Year
  • C15D7T15S7
  • Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Henry felt his fists clench in anger at the childishness of Sandy and Chris. Even Marilyn had tried to tell them off and they just seemed to shrug it off.

He'd turned to talk to Olette, though he didn't really know what to say anyways, but the girl was already gone, leaving her team.

"Sandy, Chris, I'm disappointed in you two." He said instead because if he couldn't get anything to her, perhaps something might get across to the younger kids. His mum always used to say that the younger generations should be moulded and carefully taught, especially since they were the world's future. The Wizarding World had no hope if they all started hating squibs, as if they could have a choice in whether they got that letter at eleven or not.

Henry just didn't see the point in making a fuss, they already knew about their world so they might as well stay in it as it was theirs too. What were families meant to do? Kick their squib children out?

"Alright guys, good job on the dummies. Please take a step back so we can assess what's been done and therefore, who wins."

It felt weird sort of telling kids that were his age or older than him what to do but the other two were busy so..he didn't really have a choice. Once they'd listened to him, Henry crouched down by each of the dummies and referred to the injuries that were on the board.

"Okay so, we have a winner." He stood up, looking at the groups. "With the most injuries fixed, the Vampire Team wins. Congrats, you get bragging rights."

As he looked over to Bracken and Marilyn for approval, he lingered closer to the werewolf team - his team.

"So guys..I noticed that none of you really thought carefully about this. Gia, I hope you're going to be in the infirmary next year. Your skill of uh, feeding people will come in handy, especially with cupcakes. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to learn other ways to fix wounds rather than with fire." He raised an eyebrow, trying to stay neutral as he didn't really know the girl that well. His next comment was focused more on Luella since she was the only member of the team left that actually seemed to know what she was doing. Perhaps he'd try to talk to Ole later on.

"If someone gets bitten by a werewolf, it's then a matter of your morals as to what you're going to do. This dummy has been mauled, scratched, bitten..Chances are, it'd be better to just kill them rather than let them change, especially since it'd be hard to heal them anyways. Of course, I wasn't expecting anybody to outright kill the dummy because otherwise, it's without consent and such but I hoped that one of you guys might have at least thought about it objectively. Good job overall, though."

U P D A T E  #4 F I N A L

V: Bea sews the wounds together on the neck - good one!
W: Olette put some burn cream on the burn that the match left behind. Yay!
Z: Lia applied wound cleaning potion to the bite marks on the forearm. It's all clean now, good job!
V: Dante wrapped the wound he had been treating - well done!
V: Sandy dabbed gauze on the bite marks on the neck..which had already been sewn up by Bea. Good try, though!
Z: Chris successfully sewed some scratches together! Nice one!

• Dislocated left knee

• Bite marks on right wrist, moderate, infected
  • hives

• Finger ripped off
  • Scratch across stomach
  • Broken arm
  • Bruising on legs
  • Werewolf(?) bite
  • Choking on cupcake
  • Small burn mark from the match

Thanks so much for taking part in the study this summer guys! We've really enjoyed watching you all work together. If you feel like we've made a mistake, inbox us and we'll take a look! Mistakes are easily made - we're people too! Any other questions, or potential plots for next term (all three counsellors will be in castle), our dms are open for that too.

Feel free to post your char reacting to the results etc but no more healing/last minute fixing of dummies, please.

Hen, Mari and B x
if I'm not feeling weird or super strange
my life would be in utter disarray
'cause freaking out is my okay

Dante Wolf

(09/05/2019 at 14:57)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D0T1S1
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Dante finished up wrapping the wound he was treating and it was looking pretty good, gotta say. He then remembered the times when he used to read Muggle books with his mother's sister and learn very curious things about their world. It was definitely something different and worth studying because the way muggles manage all different kind of situations without using magic is something impressive-more in the mind of a pureblood like Dante was.

Everything was going to an end and Dante took a second to see everything surrounding him. It surprised him that other teams were not focused on their task. Everything was going to come to an end, apparently, and finally, a voice proclaimed that the case was over. Henry announced the winners, Dante's team, and he was proud of what they've achieved. He didn't expect less of himself.

The lesson was learned, and he put in practice the knowledge about muggle techniques that his mum's sister had been teaching him. Despite she was a pure-blood witch, she had something with the muggle world, and it came really handy in this situation.

Henry kept explaining and Dante could not stop seeing at everybody's faces. It was kind of funny the whole situation. He understands that it was summer, it didn't really matter the results and could understand that the topic might have been not interesting enough for the most part of the attendees. However, the following explanation that Dante didn't think about, was good to think of. If the dummy was a person, it was obvious that a werewolf bit it, and Henry was talking about considering the chance to end with the suffering.

"Don't you have to try to save life till the end? What if that person, or dummy, or whatever the case was wanted to be safe even knowing the consequences?" Different questions and a lot of ifs came to Dante's mind, but it was time to start wrapping up. He performed a farewell, thanking everyone on his team and Henry, and proceed to leave the area still thinking of what he should have really done, and thinking if ending the life of what will become a werewolf was morally correct and what he would have done in a real situation...

-----

Thank you so much, it was fun! It was nice to get to know everyone a little better and you guys are awesome! Hope to see you around in and out of character and wishing you all a good start of the school year, back to work, or whatever you guys are at!

Tags: