Try your hand at duelling!

Author Topic: Family Matters || Stonefield AU  (Read 88 times)

Lysander Stone

(08/07/2019 at 19:07)
  • Second Year
  • C4D6T4S6
  • Player of the Week Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Second Day of Christmas Break

Cyrus was off god knows where. Probably soon they would need to find him or accept some kind of punishment. It wasn't Lysander's fault (and certainly not Bea's) that the kid was so curious about things.

"My dad's gonna teach me to drive over the easter," he grinned across to her. It was half a boast and half an invitation. "You think your parents might let you come too?"

In the Caulfield sitting room, talking about muggle things seemed out of place. They didn't even have electricity, because it didn't work here. That meant magic lights and the whole shebang. Sometimes Sandy was jealous of his best friend, but he consoled himself with the fact that she could not watch TV during the school breaks. She had to come over to his house. Not that he would ever mind.

The trade-off was that he wasn't allowed to do magic at home. Too many muggle neighbors might see and get mum in trouble. For all magical purposes, he'd come to Bea's big old house. Not that he would ever mind.
its gonna take you people years to recover from all of the damage

* Beatrice Caulfield

(08/08/2019 at 18:34)
  • Third Year
  • C4D3T2S2
    • View Profile
Beatrice was sat in her usual spot, on the armchair closest to the fire, curled up like a cat with her books, or playing chess with Charlie were some of her favourite past times in that chair. Not to mention the fact that it was always nice and warm, unlike the other seats in the room that only ever got a measly amount of heat.

Her mouth easily turned up into a smirk at his words, as she leaned over the armrest, elbows on it, to get closer to her friend. An excited look on her face at the prospect.

"I hope they do." She replied, excited if only for him, "We do have a car, and if you can drive, then Charlie doesn't have to drive me around everywhere," and her brother had frequently complained about doing just that, "and then, we can go shopping together."

At least, she thought, they had a car. But they didn't have a television, or a techevision as she had originally called it.

Lysander Stone

(08/14/2019 at 18:15)
  • Second Year
  • C4D6T4S6
    • View Profile
He had meant to impress her. She did not seem impressed. Yet she played along and she made things suit herself, which suited him fine as well.

Charlie drove. In the excitement of dad's offer, he had forgotten about Charlie. Charlie was a wizard and cars were for muggles and half-muggles. The Caulfields were as much exceptions as they were exceptional.

The Caulfields did not lack for money as the Stones did. Muggles could only earn so much and a mechanic without a leg could only work so much. Thank merlin for friends like Bea.

"And where am I gonna get the money for shopping, little rich girl?"

He smiled at her, already knowing her response.

* Beatrice Caulfield

(08/14/2019 at 21:36)
  • Third Year
  • C4D3T2S2
    • View Profile
Beatrice watched her best friend, studying his reaction as she smiled brightly at him, plaiting her hair to distract herself. Her fingers quickly moved, plaiting a strand from the top to the bottom, and then undoing it, and redoing it as she looked over at her friend.

She smiled as she felt the warmth of the fire reaching out towards her, and enveloping her, but she still felt chilly as she looked over at Lye.

"Well, I don't know, it entirely depends on how good you are at carrying all my bags." She spoke, as she laughed at her best friend, smiling brightly as she looked at Lysander Stone.

The blonde patted the other half of her seat, inviting the ever warm Lye to come over and keep her warm.

Lysander Stone

(08/16/2019 at 07:16)
  • Second Year
  • C4D6T4S6
    • View Profile
He did not need to hesitate. He never did. The chair moved slightly as Lysander's body fell lazily beside her. Warmth soaked out of him and into the girl beside him. She was greedy with warmth and always would be. She took and did not give.

"That's what I'm good for, huh?" He grinned mercilessly as his eyes flitted between the hair-playing and back to the girl. "Driving you around and carrying your bags?"

Her fascination with shopping and buying would be forever lost on him. He had his things and was content with him. Yet it made her happy and he could be content with that also.

"Are you offering me a job then? Shall I call you Miss Caulfield and dress as a butler?"

* Beatrice Caulfield

(08/16/2019 at 12:56)
  • Third Year
  • C4D3T2S2
    • View Profile
She smiled brightly as the chair shuffled slightly back, as her best friend flopped beside her, her cheek immediately resting on his arm, feeling his warmth sweep into her. Cold hands pressed against him, as she stole his heat, to cheer herself up. After all, it was cold in the big house alone, and without heating the only source of warmth for the blonde was the fire in front of her, and the boy beside her.

She smiled up at him, as he grinned at her, undoing her hair, with no other plaits to do, as she had a Lye with her.

"And keeping me warm." She teased, as she looked up at her best friend, "And as much as seeing you in a butler uniform would be hilarious, I don't think you'd be a very good butler. So you get to do it for free, and in return, get the joy of my company."

Lysander Stone

(08/17/2019 at 05:23)
  • Second Year
  • C4D6T4S6
    • View Profile
"Excuse me," he leaned away from her in mock affront, "I would be the absolute best butler. Better than all the other ones put together."

He wondered what butlers did when they weren't carrying things.

"You seem to think an awful lot about the joy of your company. Maybe you should be butlering for me. I'm three - no, four times as joyful as you."

He leaned into the cushioned back of the seat, grinning.
Wear your heart like a crown.

* Beatrice Caulfield

(08/17/2019 at 22:13)
  • Third Year
  • C4D3T2S2
    • View Profile
She giggled at his fake annoyance with her, flicking her hair over one shoulder as she pretended to be snooty. Not that she was snooty, but she acted much like the girls she'd gone to junior school with. She fake turned away from him, before he began to suggest that she should be the butler. After a slight giggle, the blonde pouted at her friend, lip truly stuck out as she emphasised her fake sadness.

Whilst he grinned at her, the blonde pouted at her best friend.

"You're a meanie."

Lysander Stone

(08/22/2019 at 04:45)
  • Second Year
  • C4D6T4S6
    • View Profile
Her impression of a spoiled little pureblood was was impeccable. Probably because she was a pureblood and her parents spoiled her relentlessly.

"Oh, but I've upset you - pray, forgive me lady."

He faked exaggerated concern and put on his pureblood-most voice. He was not a pureblood or a rich kid, so the act was probably a lot less convincing than hers. Convincing wasn't the aim.

He snorted.

"You'll ask your parents about easter, won't you?"
I'll wait for you
At the end of the earth is where I'll wait for you
You can meet me there
See I never really strayed far from here

* Beatrice Caulfield

(08/26/2019 at 20:56)
  • Third Year
  • C4D3T2S2
    • View Profile
She giggled at his fake concern, and his stupid fake posh voice-- it sounded so wrong, the accent, when he tried to mask his usual one and speak like a southerner. Not to mention the fact that his words sounded so ridiculous coming from his mouth. In fact, by the time he snorted, Bea was almost howling with laughter due to a nasty case of the giggles which left her clutching her ribs from the ache.

"Of course." She managed out, as she continued to giggle, smiling at him with a bright smile.

Tags: