As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: u ain't my boyfriend || Jonesnaps  (Read 558 times)

Bracken Thomas

(08/05/2019 at 15:20)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
PALAIS GARNIER DINING HALL
Early July
12:48 PM

"If yelled at, yes," he recited from memory. Assembling an entire infirmary had turned out to be a right challenge, and given that between its leads - Mari, Henry and himself - only Mari had any remote experience in doing do, it felt like a patchwork job.

Oh well.

On the plus, he got to sort through all of their signups (actually this was a pain to record and then schedule and such, but occasionally the forms provided amusement). He stared across the table at Jones, smirking. On two levels now he was her superior.

"So if I yell at you during your shifts, you'll perform better? Hmm."
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

Luella Jones

(08/05/2019 at 18:58)
  • International Model
  • C7D5T5S6
    • View Profile
"If yelled at, yes,"

Ugh these burgers were heaven. How could camp do this much justice to her favorite american burgers? It was mind blowing.

"So if I yell at you during your shifts, you'll perform better? Hmm."

She only shrugged, humming in satisfaction as she wiped away some ketchup from the corner of her mouth. A few heartbeats passed as she swallowed down her recent bite and she put her attention on the brute sitting across from her.

"I don't need you yelling at me per-say. Though i'd take your voice over Marilyn's squeaky one any day" Her blue eyes rolled at the thought, imagining Marilyn screaming at her. She'd loose her thought process instantly.

"But...you'll probably be too busy seducing someone in the infirmary that most likely Henry will be the one to yell at me." Luella couldn't help but scrunch up her nose playfully at Thomas before quickly adding "which I don't mind the slightest."

"What made you decide to be one of the leaders in the infirmary anyway? I didn't peg you as the medic type" Her fingers plucked up a single french fry from her little food basket and plopped it inside her mouth with a quick swoop, giving Thomas a comical smile.

Bracken Thomas

(08/06/2019 at 17:08)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
He ripped off a piece of the pseudo-sandwich - evidently the elves were delving into American cuisine now - and melded the squishy sounds of chewing with Jones' little retort. Little bits of burger almost went flying at the Mari jab via a mostly contained snort. They'd run into some stiff moments in the Hospital Wing last term, but the two parts to a former fling never got so far as yelling, per se. The imagination did not paint Marilyn's screaming as a pretty scene, a distaste both the eagles shared.

"-which I don't mind in the slightest."

"That's because he doesn't yell - he can't, I'm sure of it," Bracken retorted, blunt. In fact, the tall lad had royally pissed off the short one last year and barely got a holler out of him - though he didn't escape without a scuffle and a pocket full of shame.

"Yeeeeah," he drawled, almost concurring. "I'm way better at wrecking shit than healing it." Two pincers reached for another of those French fries - which certainly had no actual links to France - before finding all of his mysteriously disappeared. Bollocks. No matter; across the table, Jones had plenty, and so he reached for a couple without hesitation.

"But the apothecary stuff I'm right brilliant with, so. Not to mention - can you picture me reffing Quidditch or a dueling match?" he posed, teasing, the crunch of her fries emitting out from his grin.
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

Luella Jones

(08/07/2019 at 13:59)
  • International Model
  • C7D5T5S6
    • View Profile
"I'm way better at wrecking shit than healing it."

She gaped at the brunette male as he quite easily snitched a few fries from her basket. Her hand swatted away his own lingering fingers, her face turned in a slight pout.

"But the apothecary stuff I'm right brilliant with, so. Not to mention - can you picture me reffing Quidditch or a dueling match?"

"You? Reffing a Quidditch match? I think I would die laughing" She scoffed, taking another bite out of some more fries. Her hands automatically went up to tighten her bouncy ponytail, end strands being curled from one of the girls in her cabin whom wanted to try out a curling iron.

"Myself on the other hand wouldn't mind coaching a Quid team. I've played the game since forever. But, I do have to ask you..." Pushing the rest of her fries towards him, her stomach not wanting to eat anymore.

"Be easy on me please? In the infirmary? I've never actually done anything medical of the sorts. Maybe patched myself up a few times after a couple tumbles in the past but I've never done anything else." Her blue eyes stared into his eyes pleadingly, her chin resting on her palm.

"I really really don't want to see Marilyn's smug face after I've completely messed something up. So uh..if you could help me..it would be amazing"
« Last Edit: 08/10/2019 at 15:56 by Luella Jones »

Bracken Thomas

(08/07/2019 at 17:21)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Quidditch was his mum's thing. He'd actively opposed it, and then she croaked, leaving her son with all sorts of conflict. The idea of refereeing, let alone coaching as Jones mentioned, turned his gut into raging bludgers.

Distraction was not far; she looked good in a ponytail, he had to admit.

He didn't get to retort about not even being able to find her way out of America when she diverted the conversation down a more serious road, one he hadn't been looking for at all.

"Be easy on me?"

"What?" scoffed Bracken, floored by the reality unfolding in front of him. Jones, preemptively begging for mercy? And the concern was genuine. Showed how far they'd come, he supposed. At the root of it was their shared distaste for Mari, though Bracken couldn't give two shits if the blonde smugged herself up over one of his bungles, which she had already done last term. However on at least some terms he could relate.

"Yeah, yeah alright," he agreed, calm. Not many folk sought to lean on him before, but this lass was eons away from being heavy. He could do it. "Why don't you focus more on the apothecary stuff if you can, with me. Mari does more of the nursing anyway. I'll show you the ropes Jonesie, don't you worry." He smiled a bit, devoid of the usual cynicism.
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

Luella Jones

(08/10/2019 at 15:55)
  • International Model
  • C7D5T5S6
    • View Profile
"What?"

"You heard me."

Lu's body cringed at his tone, slightly regretting asking him. Maybe he would start teasing her on asking him for help. He was the only other person she could think of besides Henry. If he declined her and mocked her, she just would simply ask Henry next.

A few heartbeats later and the brute finally spoke.

"Yeah, yeah alright,"

The muscles in her back slightly relaxed, her body not being so tense. Okay. This is good. She can get some help from someone she is slightly comfortable with. Would he laugh at her when she messed up bandaging? Or scoff at her whenever she mixed up different formulas?

Why did she even care anyways?

"Why don't you focus more on the apothecary stuff if you can, with me. Mari does more of the nursing anyway. I'll show you the ropes Jonesie, don't you worry." Luella sat there thinking, blue eyes drifting down to the wooden table. A few seconds later she came back to her senses.

"Oh! Yeah uh sure. I could do that" She shrugged, body changing posture to come off like she could care less. Reaching across, the brunette snatched up one more fry before smiling, acting as if she wasn't pleading moments ago.

She had to ignore the fact that she was nervous to do what? Bandage someone?
She had to ignore the fact Marilyn-Rose Wilson was going to be calling the shots in the infirmary. That she was going to be above Luella, status wise.
She had to ignore the fact her heart skipped a beat when Thomas called her 'Jonesie".

FRANKENSTEIN'S LABORATORY
Mid-July
2:32pm

"I think I did this wrong"

She looked down at her small cauldron, watching the liquid inside stay perfectly still. It was suppose to be bubbling, according to her book.

Chewing the inside of her cheek, Luella ran her finger slightly across the withered printed words. She didn't get it. What did she do wrong?

If she was doing it correctly, Luella would have a potion that she could use as an ointment before using some bandage to properly wrap the wound. So far she had different strips of bandage around her head(wrapped poorly by the way) and a motionless potion.

"Maybe I missed a step? I have been trying to work on my wrapping skills while putting the mix together" She laughed lightly, blowing at a stray bandage strand that happened to fall against her eye.
« Last Edit: 08/10/2019 at 16:00 by Luella Jones »

Bracken Thomas

(08/12/2019 at 00:27)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Yeah, it's shit."

Take it easy, right? He didn't think that was a particularly harsh observation; merely honest. Flitting behind her, both arms piled high with bandage rolls, it didn't take a second glance to tell her brew had gone stagnant. On a counter he plopped the load, uncurling his arms carefully so as not to topple the stacks. "Not to sound like an arse but you did the light the fire, yea?" With a cursory glance that the bandages were steadied, he jumped over to her cauldron, mindlessly brushing the dark haired beauty as he assumed position next to her.

He hadn't even noticed the disaster about her head.

As if struck his eyes turned to examine the bandaging, lips immediately tensing as they resisted the coming chuckles. A bad potion and this? It almost seemed like she was trying for ineptitude.

"Blimey...good thing I'm not Mari." He reached to peel one of the wraps off, cringing a bit at how it'd been handled. "Okay Jones, one thing at a time, huh? This-" His eyes spilled back into her cauldron. "I'm sorry, but I'm not sure we can salvage it so...evanesco!" He knew the pain of vanishing your hard work because one little thing had gone wrong, so it seemed maybe a better option to tackle the wraps first.

"Um. Love the, er, enthusiasm, but I think it'd be a lot easier practicing on someone else." Quickly his eyes scanned the laboratory; everyone else was busy. Plus, it might be embarrassing to have to practice on an ickle who already knew how to bandage a wound. He grabbed a stool and slid onto it.

"K, so I've got a gash here-" He pointed to his forehead, just below his hair. "It's already been cleaned and stitched. Bandage me up. Taut first, remember. Meanwhile I'm gonna chop some stuff." And he did, hands gliding over her station and beginning to prepare some of the ingredients so her brewing, when she got there, would go faster, taking care to keep his shoulders and head upright still so she could practice. After a moment he caught her blue eye, lip corner twitching.

"Well - you're not that hopeless, Jonesie."
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

Luella Jones

(08/18/2019 at 22:10)
  • International Model
  • C7D5T5S6
    • View Profile
"Yeah, it's shit."

"Wow gee such the optimistic" She rolled her eyes, glancing over at her potion.

"Not to sound like an arse but you did the light the fire, yea?"

"I-" She didn't get to say much, instantly shutting her mouth as he brushed against her to look at her potion mess. No. Shut up stupid beating heart.

"Okay Jones, one thing at a time, huh? This-" Her shoulders slightly sagged as she watched him point his wand over towards her cauldron. "I'm sorry, but I'm not sure we can salvage it so...evanesco!"

"Um. Love the, er, enthusiasm, but I think it'd be a lot easier practicing on someone else."

She huffed out, bottom lip slightly pushed out as she looked up towards where the bandaged were on her head.

"K, so I've got a gash here. It's already been cleaned and stitched. Bandage me up. Taut first, remember. Meanwhile I'm gonna chop some stuff."

"Okay.." Her voice was quieter this time, looking down at her bandages. 'Alright you can do this Luella' She mentally prepped herself up, grabbing the white strips.

They both worked in slight silence, the sounds of other students working being the only thing keeping Luella from being stuck listening to her heartbeat drumming in her ears. Her fingers lightly tapped where Thomas has shown where his gash was, pretending he actually had one. He probably felt a few tugs here and there from her wrapping the gauze around to make sure it wouldn't come undone.

The brunette adjusted herself so she was standing in front of the brute, eyes concentrated on her work and her tongue subconsciously running along her slightly dried lips.

She felt his eyes looking up at her and for a second they locked eyes. When he smiled at her, Lu really couldn't help the small grin that grew on her face. She hummed in satisfaction stepping back slightly to look over her work.

"Well - you're not that hopeless, Jonesie."

"I'd hope not" Her legs slightly bended and her hands rested on her thighs as her face became inches away from his. Oh. She smirked, winking harmlessly at him.

Bracken Thomas

(08/22/2019 at 18:22)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
It certainly wasn't the gentlest of processes - at one point he felt the roots of a few hairs yanked during her examination - but if something could be said for the amateur, she was thorough and trying. Even if the natural touch evaded her, a lot of the lads would probably somehow or another be ending up in the infirmary requesting her care.

Though halfway focused on preparing the ingredients, Bracken kept stealing quick glances at her face. It wasn't every day they ended up in such proximity, so he drank in the details of one flowering young woman, blues of her eyes, texture of her complexion, curve of her lips. That time in the lake had a funny way of turning up. Times like these had him wondering...

The knife slipped, sharpened tip barely gliding into his skin. Shit. He kept quiet, returning to work as a dribble of blood appeared. The tiny injury wound down a few moments later.

Fingers padded at the bandaging once she withdrew, tracing the contour - flat, taut, good. "I'd hope not." As her face came back, so did their swim in the lake again. Quite amazing that two flirtatious cuties like them who spent ample time together had managed to keep their lips separate so far. But Jones was a tease except with American boys (which he doubted anyway). Still, the tension crackled.

"Well," he drawled slowly, gaze falling back to the cauldron. "Let's hold that thought and see what you can do here, yeah? What is it, petals first?"
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

Tags: