As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: A Heart Full of Light | Glennette snaps  (Read 379 times)

* Olette Carroll

(04/26/2019 at 21:43)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
2 August. After breakfast.
Outside Palais Longchamp

It was a lovely morning. Warm, but a slight breeze to keep it cool. She decided it was the perfect day for reading in the garden. The marvelous fountain in front of her, the tower and Notre Dame nearby, it nearly felt like the real thing.

The summer was halfway gone. The beginning had been nice, but the past few days had been a whirlwind. There was all that drama that had happened at the party for the twins, but she was sure not to get anywhere near it. Then the boy in the Infirmary, and Jeremiah getting upset, and the movie… She needed a day like today to just unwind from it all.
You can look right through me
Walk right by me
And ne
ver know I'm there

Glenn Collins

(04/28/2019 at 01:30)
  • Fifth Year
  • C5D5T4S6
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Glenn liked long walks with no destination in mind, he never minded the aimless quality to it. Often times he found there were way more interesting things to discover when you weren't expecting to discover anything at all. And there wasn't anything quite like stumbling upon a rare sight or beauty or splendor without ever having imagined doing such. It was the kind of surprise he thought anyone might like to have. Even though he wasn't expecting to go anywhere particular, his feet had dragged him towards the gardens.... there were still many nooks he'd yet to explore and each walk through was unlike the last.

Right now, for instance, he'd come upon the girl from the party Pilar had introduced him to. Olette, or Ole for short. That was what Pil had said, though he was still a little confused because Pilar hadn't tried to introduce him to any of her other friends really. She was quiet but Glenn liked quiet. He took his time closing the distance between them, distracted by the beautiful green leaves  of several shade-favoring plants as gentle breezes playfully tugged them about. And then he was there, sitting himself down right next to her without even a thought of an invitation, "Hi Olette, what is it you're reading?" He even leaned in to try and get a look himself, forgetting that some people actually possessed such things as boundaries.
EVERY SOUL IS A FLOWER BLOSSOMING IN NATURE
❀  ❀  ❀  ❀  ❀  ❀  ❀  ❀  ❀

* Olette Carroll

(04/28/2019 at 23:45)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
She was taken by surprise when she noticed someone sit next to her, but gave a soft smile once she realized it was Glenn. She’d met him a few days before, but it’d felt much longer than that.

“Oh, just Fahrenheit 451.” She laid her bookmark on the page she was at and closed the book. She knew it’d be rude to continue reading when Glenn wanted to make conversation. And truth be told, she wouldn’t mind getting to know him better. He seemed very nice.

“Nice morning, isn’t it? How’s your week been?”
Everybody loves a winner
So nobody loved me

Glenn Collins

(04/29/2019 at 13:23)
  • Fifth Year
  • C5D5T4S6
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
He leaned back a little and nodded along with what she said, and then shook his head a little, "Never heard of it." He stated and then smiled again. He wasn't a big reader, though he liked any of his herbology textbooks and usually could read through them for fun. He had a few novels that he would reread every now and again but he preferred being outside, moving, thinking. "What's it about?"

He leaned back more and stretched his arms up when she asked about the morning, laughing after. "Yeah, the weather's been fantastic. My week..." He whistled and then laughed brightly. The party had been... not great. And he'd finally talked to Pilar about Marilyn but that hadn't gone exactly well either... "It's looking like it's turning into something good." He stood again and shifted, pointing, "I was just having a walk through the gardens, would you like to join me?"

* Olette Carroll

(04/30/2019 at 02:03)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
She started to frown when he said he hadn’t heard of it, but then he smiled and she did too. “Well, it takes place in the future, sort of, where books are banned, and firemen are people who burn books, instead of stopping fires. And one fireman eventually quits his job and tries to save the books instead.”

She stopped, realizing she was talking fast again. She typically got overexcited when talking about books. Then remembered how Jeremiah said it was cute and she blushed.

She tucked her book into a shoulder bag and stood up with Glenn. “Sure, that sounds nice.” She nearly reached for his hand out of instinct, as that was how she and Jeremiah would walk. Instead, she let it swing next to her side.

“Do you have a favorite book?” She asked, unsure of how to continue the conversation. She didn’t know him terribly well, and was a bit awkward when it came to thinking of things to talk about.
I've been thinking too much

help me

Glenn Collins

(04/30/2019 at 05:23)
  • Fifth Year
  • C5D5T4S6
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Glenn's gaze was bright as he watched Olette explain the plot of the book, his smile growing more and more because it made him happy that she was so excited to tell him about the book. Clearly she liked it very much, or maybe just reading in general. He thought it was quite nice seeing someone get so excited over something the liked, it was a feeling that filled him with warmth and he didn't think he'd ever get tired of it. "That sounds..." He pursed his lips together, head tilting, before he offered a more tentative smile. "Kind of sad actually." He blinked back his surprise as he thought about it more. He reached out, his finger tips brushing against the book she was holding before he dropped his hand in his lap and looked out across the sky. "All of those stories and facts just burning up in an instant.... is the ending good or bad?" Maybe she hadn't read it through yet, maybe she wouldn't know.

Glenn didn't seem to notice Odette's slight awkwardness, hadn't noticed as she reached for his hand, his own hands clasped behind his pack as they strolled. He liked strolling just as much as he liked running and even just as much as he liked sitting still and mediating. He liked to watch the leaves shifting playfully in the wind, how the sun dappled through them. "Hmm?" He hummed out, a questioning look as he tried to catch up with what she was saying. He was wondering if Pilar would come walking with him through the gardens... she'd finally stopped avoiding him. "Um, no." He admitted with a sheepish look and a shrug, "I like books about plants... but I don't have a favorite. I don't really read that often... I grew up helping my parents out on our farm and also helping with my siblings." Truthfully he always found his mind wandering away from the rich stories embedded on the pages.

"You must have one though, right?" She seemed to really like reading, "Will you tell me it?" His hands had come loose to his side and he held back a low, twiggy branch as he stepped through an area they'd let get slightly over grown. He waited for Olette to pass through before letting the branch snap back into it's preferred position.

* Olette Carroll

(04/30/2019 at 08:06)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
Parts of it were sad, and it was a sad future to imagine. A future where people are prosecuted for learning and bettering themselves. “It’s…” she paused, thinking. “It’s hopeful,” she decided. It didn’t particularly end. Just a chapter in the characters’ lives had ended. And there were new beginnings left to be found.

Her eyes lit up as he mentioned liking books about plants. But before she could ask him further about it, he asked the same question back to her. “Oh, I don’t have one, but I really love the Narnia books, oh and The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings by Tolkien! They’re both fantasy books about grand adventures in faraway lands.” She could talk for ages about them, but he didn’t want to listen to her rattle on for the next ten hours about it.

“But, plants,  huh? I actually work at the Greenhouses in Hogsmeade! What’s your favourite plant, then?” She looked up at him with bright eyes. She wanted to ask him more about living on a farm, and about his siblings, but she would be patient for now.
You can look right through me
Walk right by me
And ne
ver know I'm there

Tags: