Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: Player of the Week '56!  (Read 191 times)

* Clinton Litchfield

(04/15/2019 at 16:09)
  • Director of Camp Loki & Head of Hufflepuff
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Player of the Week!
Summer 1956

Every summer, the summer counsellors convene and nominate one new player (or a player that has returned from a long hiatus) each week to the honour of Player of the Week! These members have seriously impressed the summer counsellors, and we hope to see them around for many terms to come!
we take the pressure and we throw away
conventionality belongs to yesterday
there is a chance that we can make it so far
we start believing now that we can be who we are

* Clinton Litchfield

(04/15/2019 at 16:13)
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Week 1: Christoph Grey!
From the Counsellors!

He's. On. Top. Of. It. He wants to thread with everyone and he has a thread in almost every part of the summer board already... It's been a week. HOW? And he replies super quick. I can't wait to see how Christoph develops into the school year! --Pilar Reina

I swear I've seen this character all over the board. His name pretty consistently continues to pop up, and that's a good thing. He's active in, I believe, just about every activity available and is also already plotting and posting quite frequently, including jumping into open threads. His enthusiasm for getting so involved right from the start is really great to see, and looks promising for once the new school term begins! --Téo Wittington

He's everywhere and doing all the things! He's threading all over, super involved in MC, and I'm pretty sure he's signed up for every single activity. I'm getting tired just watching how active he is, but also love reading all of Christoph's adventures so far. --Lia Ayres

About Christoph!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames? Chris

How did you find HSNet? I actually stumbled across it by accident while browsing Facebook one day.

What made you decide to join? I think it was when I saw how in-depth and elaborate the setup was I just couldn't resist it.

Which book is your favorite in the series? I have to say that the Deathly Hallows is my favorite

Who is your favorite character from the books? Hermione Granger and Bellatrix LeStrange

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet? Marilyn-Rose Wilson and I have a couple of threads plan that we haven't gotten around starting yet but I'm very excited for but also there are others that I have chatted with and I'm really interested in doing a scene with. Artemis and Cal to name a couple.

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?They say your Basic, They say your Easy introduces Alise Dumont into the threads for the very first time and also offers further insight into Chris as a character as she is probably the family member that knows him the best and she knows a lot of things that others do not.

What is one thing about Christoph that no one knows? Christoph has a lot of social issues and trouble reading different situations and picking up on certain cues. That is because if he lived here in present-day he would have Aspergers... Both this and his moderate to minor depression are inspired by some of my real life issues. :)

What is one thing about Christoph that everyone should know? Chris isn't nearly as put together as he seems. He has a lot of various issues from trust issues to minor depression. These are really things I've gotten to showcase quite yet but they will become a factor later on especially as summer progresses. He's a very layered character and just when you think you finally figured him out is when I'm going to enjoy pulling back and revealing a new layer.

What are you most excited about for when term begins? Definitely classes and getting to RP with more people!

Any last words? I didn't even know that this was a thing, so thank you for considering me! I'm hoping to get Chris into more mischief in the near future.
coming to your house, knocking at your door
you're my first sip of wine. you cool me, cool me down
left your clothes next to the bed, some pretty pictures in my head
i hope you had a great summer, a great summer away

* Clinton Litchfield

(04/24/2019 at 22:43)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 2: Khloe Knight!
From the Counsellors!

It’s not often than a new player shows up and really takes Elsewhere by storm, but Khloé Knight has done this—and with style! Khloé is fun to read, a Ministry woman on a mission who already has a variety of in-character connections.  I am excited to see where her student character goes as well! Active and inquisitive in chat from when she first showed up, this player is a delightful addition to our site family. Welcome, Khloé! I’m glad you’re here. --Virtue Hir

Playing an Elsewhere character can be difficult, but for Khloe it just seems to come naturally for her! It can be hard to make a name for yourself when your primary character isn't at summer camp and you're new, but Khloe feels like she's been here for ages! I can't wait to read more from her and would love to thread with her sometime! --Olette Clarington-DuPont

I remember when she first joined chat, and waited patiently (and, with characteristic energy) for her character to be approved. Now, Khloe feels like she's been here forever, and in a good way! I can't wait to throw some of my elsewhere kids at her and see what they get up to. --Logan Fetterly

About Khloe!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames? You may call me by my on-forum name, Khloe! Alternatively, people may feel free and welcome to call me Ana! That's my real name.

How did you find HSNet?
I found HSNet through Google, honestly! I was going through some Harry Potter role playing forums, and managed to go through several until I found you guys!

What made you decide to join?
My sister and I, while on vacation, decided to watch the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. After watching the movies, it inspired me to finally try and find a good community to share my love with and write with! I think I can safely say that I found the best one, bar none.

Which book is your favorite in the series?
My favourite book in the series is The Prisoner of Azkaban!

Who is your favorite character from the books?
This is a really tough question, but I think that my favourite question would have to be Sirius Black. I love Animagi to a fault, and the fact that Sirius acts as the proverbial second father to Harry strikes me on a personal level. It really resounded with me, and between that and his overall character, he is the one I must say I love the most.

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet?
Calypso Ross! I haven't forgotten that you promised me a thread at some point! I expect you to hold out on it!

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?
A Day in the Life, written with Rebecca Silvers! It was one of my first threads upon joining the site, and is a wonderful example of the kind of person Khloe is: patient, and always ready and willing to try and teach somebody or help them improve or find their direction in life. Moreover, Rebecca is a wonderful writer, and I think that the interactions of the characters in the thread are charming.

What is one thing about Khloe that no one knows?
Khloe loves tawdry romance novels. She's a hopeless romantic heart, and has dreams about finding her dream man one of these days! Steamy romance novels are right up her alley, and she does everything she can to try and hide them from other people! She's a little ashamed of it. It's one of her deepest secrets.

What is one thing about Khloe that everyone should know?
One thing that Khloe should know... boy, that's a pretty difficult question to answer, because I didn't particularly think she would gain this kind of recognition.

I think one thing about Khloe that everybody should know, is she adores teaching anybody and everybody, especially when it comes to being an Auror. She's also passionate about learning. Whether someone is a first-year, or someone who graduated before she was even born, she wants to help anybody and everybody become the best person they can be when it comes to magic, and thinks that everybody has something that they can in turn teach her.

What are you most excited about for when term begins?
Writing Khloe's sister, Karilyn! The first Hufflepuff in the family, and an absolutely precious little lady, she's sure to charm (literally and figuratively) everyone at Hogwarts!

Any last words?
I'm very flattered and honoured to be selected as Player of the Week! I never expected anything like this to ever happen to me, and it gives me a profound sense of joy. Thank you to the counselors for selecting me! I look forward to hopefully getting to know and interact with even more people on the site, and create many more adventures!
« Last Edit: 04/25/2019 at 19:47 by Clinton Litchfield »
we take the pressure and we throw away
conventionality belongs to yesterday
there is a chance that we can make it so far
we start believing now that we can be who we are

* Clinton Litchfield

(04/24/2019 at 22:47)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 3: Athanasia Valenti!
From the Counsellors!

Athanasia jumped right back into the site, and has been everywhere since her return! I love, her character, love threading with her, and love reading her other threads. She was also so much fun to duel with, I can't wait to see her back on the duelling block at the castle! --Jeremiah Smallweed

I've been seeing her posts everywhere on the summer boards. The character shows so much depth and understanding of who the character is. Very well developed and written. She threads with everyone that wants to thread and the has a lot of variety in the type of threads she has. --Pilar Reina

I’m really, really enjoying her writing and character! The player has also done a great job of getting involved with the site (duels, in particular, was fun to watch), and is always up for plotting and threads. On that note, I keep seeing her name popping up all over the board too, which I’m pretty happy about. As others have stated, the player has an excellent grasp on the character already and it very much comes through in the writing. Personally, I’ve had a lot of fun writing with her so far, and am looking forward to seeing her around the Castle! --Téo Wittington

About Athanasia!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames?
first off, thank you for choosing me! i’m really honored. my name is abby, but you can also refer to me as my character or any one of her nicknames (nasia, nassi, sia)

How did you find HSNet?
about three years ago i was a member on this site. back then, i found it through google/top rp sites.

What made you decide to join?
i re-joined because i missed it! i was a part of this other harry potter roleplay for about half of last year before i got really busy and totally lost my muse. when my school-work started winding down, i knew i wanted to get back into writing. i remembered how much i’d loved this place and decided to rejoin.

Which book is your favorite in the series?
deathly hallows, i love all the action

Who is your favorite character from the books?
hermione granger, 100%. i know its a little basic, but she’s always been my favorite from the very start. she’s such an inspiration.

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet?
i’ve talked with marilyn rose-wilson about getting her and nasia together at some point and i’m pretty excited for that! i’m really interested to see how their dynamic plays out in print.

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?
one thread i’ve been following since its start is ‘then i ruin the moment’ with jeremiah and camilla. i love the dialog, the relationship between them, everything honestly. it’s been really fun to read, so if you haven’t already, you should check it out.

What is one thing about Athanasia that no one knows?
her thoughts tend to center solely around herself and her personal woes, self-centered brat she tends to be, so most of her feelings and problems are spelled out through inner dialog. one thing that people might not know is she doesn’t really believe she’s as great as she says/acts/etc. in actuality, she’s absolutely terrified that she’ll never live up to the family name and expectations.

What is one thing about Athanasia that everyone should know?
she’s the worst.
 just kidding, i love her a lot. she’s so much fun to play. one fun fact that everyone should know is that she’s in love with italian and greek literature. her current favorite is IL Gattopardo by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa.

What are you most excited about for when term begins?
i have a lot of great plot ideas going with a lot of great people, but i think the thing i’m most excited for is to duel again. i came into summer dueling nervous and totally unprepared and just absolutely fell in love with it.

Any last words?
thank you! it means a lot! also, please feel free to hit me up to plot, i’d love to talk and get to know all of you <33
« Last Edit: 04/24/2019 at 22:51 by Clinton Litchfield »
what's that playing on the radio
why do i start swaying to and fro
i have never heard that song before,
but if i don't hear it anymore

Tags: