As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Glimpsing The Future?| Chris/Henry/Hugo Thing.  (Read 93 times)

* Christoph Alexander Grey

(04/11/2019 at 01:08)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D1T1S0
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
October, 30th, 1960

It was almost here. Chris had been waiting for this for awhile now and it was almost here. The following day wouldn't just be his sixteenth birthday but also? Halloween. He hadn't really gotten permission exactly to be away from school for a couple days but...he wasn't taking any chances. Every year since starting Hogwarts his birthday had been a major disaster...but not this year. No this year he'd invited one of his closest friends over and he was thinking of finally saying something he regretted not saying before now.

Perhaps earlier it might have made a difference but not now. Now it was too late but he couldn't just keep it bottled up right? He couldn't not say anything. He got his clothes on and looked around the main areas of the manor to make sure nothing was really out of place and he glanced at the large clock. He hadn't gotten a response...not really...so he was slightly nervous. He didn't want to spend his birthday alone with Hugo.

Just when he was starting to think nothing was going to happen. That he'd asked too late and his friend had other plans? The door rang for attention. Someone was here, and he could only hope it was his guest and not some random...again.
I can't help that I don't know what is up from what is down...

Henry Reed

(04/11/2019 at 17:16)
  • Fourth Year
  • C6D4T5S3
  • Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Henry, almost nineteen years of age, was rather excited to be celebrating his friend's birthday. Since it was a Halloween birthday, he'd come prepared. In his backpack was some overnight clothes and Chris' presents. On his head was a pair of cat ears. It was ironic, considering his animagus was a cat.

Knocking on the door of the..manor? Henry wasn't entirely suprised at the fact that it was a large place, since he knew how rich Chris' family were. He'd been warned at the fact that Hugo, Christoph's older brother, would be spending the few days with them but since he hadn't properly met the lad, Henry didn't mind too much. In true Hufflepuff fashion, he hoped to be a worthy friend of Chris' in Hugo's eyes.

After apparating to the door of the place, thanks to an address sent by post, Henry fixed his crooked cat ears and headed up the steps. Since he'd graduated Hogwarts a few months prior, he wasn't missing anything so could spend as much time with his buddy before he had to go back to his studying.

"Happy almost-birthday, Tophee!" He'd say when the door opened, the nickname sounding like 'toffee', being a play on the 15-almost-16-year-old.

* Hugo Mathias Grey

(04/12/2019 at 01:49)
  • Mercenary For Hire
  • C9D9T9S5
    • View Profile
Hugo was only marginally irritated by hearing they'd be having a guest over the coming days. But it had been while since he'd heard mention of this...Henry. Plus it seemed to make his little brother legitimately happy to have him over. However that irritation was increased when the doorbell rang and he was forced to get it because his brother seemed busy checking thing over.

Opening the door and revealing Henry Reed for the first time he felt a vague familiarity. Had he met the boy once before? The very...young and...attractive boy? He dressed well too and even his hair seemed near perfection. Hugo did love anyone...of either gender that had style. He eyed the boy up and down and was relatively impressed with the Puff alum even though he himself had been a devout Slytherin and avoided the Puffs like the plague. He was a bit of a jerk back then...not that he really grew out of it.

"Yes well..I'm afraid Tophee as you so elegantly put it is inside making sure everything is perfect before you see it. Not that you would have known if it wasn't. I take it this is your first time at a Manor?" He paused a moment. "Sorry that came out blunt. What I mean is welcome to Grey Manor and please come in...I only wish our dear father had lived to witness this moment." He said with a slight quirk to his lips.

There was no love lost between Hugo and his parents and the idea of his father's face knowing a muggleborn was in the Manor? Priceless. A fish who swallowed a sour lemon perhaps?

Henry Reed

(04/12/2019 at 21:22)
  • Fourth Year
  • C6D4T5S3
  • Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
His blue eyes widened when the face at the door wasn't his friend, but his friend's brother. Whoops.

The teen chuckled awkwardly as he watched the other glance him over- probably because they hadn't seen each other since..that one time Henry just happened to be there when he dropped Chris off at camp one year? Wow, long time then.

His hand reached up to snatch the cat ears from his head, the burn of his cheeks reminding him that he probably should have anticipated this. It was 50/50 between Chris or Hugo answering the door, really.

Hugo was also the name of his younger brother- who had just turned four with the other two that made up the triplets- and any hesistance that that may make it stranger for him went out the window. Hugo was Hugo, and Hugo was Hugo. In the most non-confusing way possible.

He cleared his throat when asked the..slightly offending question, nodding. "Yeah, not been to the Manor before. Did your dad not see many of Chris' friends then?"

He'd question as he stepped in, wiping his feet on the mat. Henry had an inkling that it wasn't what Hugo had meant by wishing their dad could've been there to see him, but he wasn't one to jump right onto the negative sides of things. He'd already heard a lot about Mr Grey-Lord..Grey? Maybe. Who knew- from spending time with Chris but of course, he shouldn't let Hugo know that.

* Hugo Mathias Grey

(04/13/2019 at 07:18)
  • Mercenary For Hire
  • C9D9T9S5
    • View Profile
Hugo wasn't sure why exactly but he found the younger's embarrassment slightly adorable. The red tinge to his cheeks as he seemed to recall the ridiculously dorky cat ears. But he found them quaint. He'd never observed muggle Halloween though he knew costumes and the like were...popular. Apparently so were things like fake animal body parts. He stood aside holding the door open as the younger boy walked through it and shut it behind him.

"My father never saw any friends of Chris's ever. He passed when Chris was eleven. May his soul burn in the bowels of hell." He answered as he smirked slightly. "In case you haven't noticed I didn't much care for my father and well...he wasn't prejudice against Muggles...but he did have a dislike for Muggleborns. He thought witches and wizards birthed like you were..between two muggles..were polluting our blood and our world. I...as well as my brother see things differently." He added. "Though the look on his face if he were here...priceless." He chuckled as he motioned for the boy to follow.

"You see Chris has a theory about Muggleborns..one I find myself agreeing with as it makes the most sense. He believes that Muggleborns aren't necessarily Muggleborns at all..but that one parent may be a Squib or come from a family with Squibs. Squibs like this 'Ole' Chris never shuts up about. It does make sense doesn't it? After all, I'm hard pressed to believe magic just randomly appears." He explains as he leads Henry towards the Living area where he'd last seen his brother.

When he got there though Chris wasn't there. "Oh for the love of Merlin, he best not be changing his clothes. Again." He sighed before turning to Henry whom he hoped hadn't gotten lost. "I'll have to go fetch him it seems so...make yourself comfortable Henry and..don't worry about the ears...I thought they were rather cute." Hugo says with a wink before heading off down a corridor to fetch the soon to be sixteen year old.

Henry Reed

(04/14/2019 at 22:00)
  • Fourth Year
  • C6D4T5S3
  • Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Henry would nod. He remembered comforting Chris in the summer camp, the kid was distraught much like one would expect. Hugo, on the other hand..Seemingly not. "That's..dark." He'd mumble, since he couldn't exactly play devil's advocate or angel's advocate as he didn't know the man.

His mouth turned into a small 'o' when Hugo explained the reason why their father wouldn't have been pleased to see him in his manor. "I just think that it's like a switch turning on. Some people have it, some people don't. If magic from generations can randomly not show up in one of their offsprings, why can't it appear randomly in muggle families?" He'd shrug. He didn't want to get too far into it, because at the end of the day blood was blood and it didn't make a difference. He took the same tests as purebloods and halfbloods, studied the same curriculum. He was just as good as any other average wizard. Well, to toot his own horn, he did get all O's or E's in his N.E.W.T.S.

The cheeks on the teenager reddened as if a fire had been lit in them at Hugo's comment about the cat ears still in his hands. How awkward! He could not flirt with his best friend's brother.

"Thank you." He called after him, like anyone would after a compliment. If he made it not flirty, then it wouldn't be. The last thing Chris needed was to have Hugo making suggestions and Henry's give-away-cheeks responses.

(04/15/2019 at 20:23)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D1T1S0
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
When Chris entered the room the very first thing that he saw was Henry and his extremely red cheeks. He chuckled because this was something familiar to him after the last few months of not having contact with his friend at Hogwarts. he had known that that was going to be the case considering they were a couple of years apart and it was a given that they would be separated at some point. however he hadn't really understood how hard that that separation would hit him.

"You look like you got hit by one of Hugo's offhanded compliments. He enjoys doing that to people for some reason." He comments before making his way over to hug Henry. "I've missed you Hen." He says softly as he wraps his arms around him. "Hogwarts just hasn't been the same since you graduated. Don't get me wrong Sandy is great but...he isn't you." He admitted.

pulling away from the hug after a few moments he smiled I'm trying not to let the mood somber. "enough about all this emotional crap though, how is your life outside of school treating you so far? We haven't gotten to talk all that much since graduation so tell me everything!" He says excitedly because even after all these years he still rambles when he gets excited.

He was so happy that his friend was able to make it to the manor for his birthday. He hadn't been too sure that he would be able to come with whatever work he was doing... But he had been hoping and he was sure that he had driven Hugo nuts over the past couple of days with all of his hoping.

Henry Reed

(04/18/2019 at 22:39)
  • Fourth Year
  • C6D4T5S3
  • Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
"You look like you got hit by one of Hugo's offhanded compliments."

He glanced up from his internal conflict when he heard Chris' voice. The teen- who had managed to hit just over 6foot over his Hogwarts education- would roll his eyes. He supposed Chris and Hugo were quite similar. They had the same smirk.

"I made the mistake of wearing the darn cat ears, thinking you were going to open the door." He'd hold the item up to show him the object of Hugo's amusement. The Hufflepuff eagerly stood to meet the hug that was coming his way, tightly squeezing the younger and rubbing his back, much like a mother would to comfort a child.

"I missed you too, kiddo. Hey, if Sandy gets on your nerves, just go speak to Bea. She'll sort him out." He'd chuckle at the duo that he vividly remembered (of course he did) being just 11 and 12 years old, now 16 and 17.

He chuckled when asked about his life outside Hogwarts. "I'm keeping it easy, spending some time on the farm, looking after the kiddos whilst my step-mum is away with my dad on a business trip. The triplets are four now and man, they're a handful at times- I made sure Willow was home before I left so the younger ones are all sorted. I've applied for a trainee-ship at the Ministry though, department yet to be determined."

"How's Hogwarts treating you?" He'd ask back, leaning against the chair arm. He missed Hogwarts, he really did. Though, sometimes he didn't know if he missed the people the most or whether it was the community feeling that felt like it had been stripped away as soon as he stepped outside those doors.

(04/20/2019 at 05:02)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D1T1S0
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Chris sighed. "Hogwarts...it's well..been eventful." He commented cryptically. "It changed a bit after you left. Maybe it was having one less person to talk to, but it feels different. The halls feel empty and the days are longer and honestly I don't know why I stay anymore." He said quietly. He was happy. As happy as he could be with just Bea and Sandy and they tried their best...but after Chris lost his parents...after Brian transferred to Durmstrang and never spoke to him again, an event that happened recently after Henry's graduation..he felt empty.

"Classes are good. I still work as hard as ever. See Bea and Sandy when I feel up to it. I just...I need a change. I need to get away from all of it. Maybe I'll travel when it's all over? Go to france...visit Alise. Britain has....lost its luster." He tried to elaborate. "But you're going for a Ministry job? That's great. I'm glad you're doing well Hen...and I'm equally happy to here the family is doing alright." He said changing the subject.

Brian had been a sore spot since he heard the previous summer that he'd be moving to Bulgaria...that they couldn't see each other anymore. Something that had hit Chris hard since it came in a letter of all things. He vaguely understood why...he knew they weren't good for each other...but he was the first person Christoph had grown to love. The one that had pushed the bloody crush out of his head.

"The year hasn't exactly started off the best." He finally admitted. He debated how to phrase the next bit considering he'd never really broached the subject with any of his friends. He wasn't sure they even knew about Brian at Hogwarts. They weren't exactly obvious. They were private people. "I kinda got dumped in a bloody letter before term started and well..it was my only relationship to date. I guess it failed on an epic scale. Bloody wanker...he couldn't even say goodbye."

Tags: