Vote for Player of the Summer!

Author Topic: Satisfied | Bracken snaps  (Read 518 times)

* Olette Carroll

(04/06/2019 at 07:07)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
Hôtel d’Assézat
2nd day of camp. After breakfast.

The day before had been a long one. Olette had enjoyed the first few days at camp, before the rest of the students came. It’d been nice and quiet. It had a certain romantic atmosphere about it. That was until it filled with the others.

It was a nice day, so most of the kids were outside. She didn’t have a problem with kids, but sometimes just wanted some quiet time to herself or just with another person or two. So she found herself in the main area of her cabins, sipping a cup of tea by the fireplace.

She knew she probably ought to be out there, meeting new people. But meeting new people was just so exhausting. And there were so many of them. Maybe later, or the next day. She still had to recover from the business of the day before.
I've been thinking too much

help me

Bracken Thomas

(04/06/2019 at 21:29)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Whereeeeeee is everybody..." the fifteen year old yawned to himself, traipsing down the staircase one lumbering step at a time. He remembered someone waking him up far too early in the morning, and then he must've dozed for...some time? He didn't know the hour, but he did know his room had since been vacated by its other inhabitants.

The grandeur of their lounge, so fresh and mystical yesterday, hardly made an impression to a half-asleep Bracken. Checkered boxer shorts and a white shirt were still worn from last night's sleep, and hair more disheveled than usual attested to his very recent rising. Not to mention the dazed fogging of his eyes.

"Well, hurro," he chirped upon finding a girl he quickly recognized near the fireplace, waddling nearer. Bracken plopped into an armchair next to the squib he'd snogged last summer, still a little too tired to take in much of her appearance (as evidenced by his own...) and pointed to her cup. "Got any more of that, love?"
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

* Olette Carroll

(04/07/2019 at 04:12)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
Olette looked up at the sudden voice. She quickly blushed as she looked away, noticing the boy was still in his boxers. She knew the boy. She’d seen him yesterday, but hadn’t said hello yet. She wasn’t quite sure how to talk to him. After all, their only interaction had been a snog during a game last summer. But she hadn’t forgotten the way he snogged her or the way he said she looked nice.

“Oh, um, yeah, I can- I can make you a cup if you’d like. What kind would you like? I made an Earl Grey for myself, but there’s some greens and whites if you’d rather...” She was going on again. She blushed as she paused. “Did you miss breakfast?”

help me

Bracken Thomas

(04/08/2019 at 00:13)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
What...? Did dreams still have him, or had the girl actually offered to fetch him some tea? She, the counselor and he, the...camper or whatever. Perhaps he'd left that brilliant of an impression at spin the bottle...?

Crooked smirk waking up too, he nestled deeper in the cushion bustling a little more enthusiastically. "God, you like a Legillimens or something?" Her magical status failed to cross his mind, something he probably wouldn't even realize later. "I have a cuppa Earl Grey every morning." And the for the most part, it held true. Lazy as a cat, he nodded. "That would be so lovely."

"Did you miss breakfast?" That pulled up him straighter.

"Miss--? Why, is it over already? Well shit."
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

* Olette Carroll

(04/08/2019 at 04:00)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
“Yeah, sorry, it’s already about ten.”

She stood up, leaving her tea on a nearby table. “Let me get you some tea really quick. I’ll be right back.”

She quickly headed to the tea and coffee station in the corner of the room, preparing a cup of Earl Grey. As it steeped, she put a variety of pastries on a small plate. She headed back to Bracken, the tea in one hand and pastries in the other.

“It still needs to steep just a few more minutes, but I brought you some food to get you by until lunch. I didn’t know what you liked, so I brought a little of everything.” She set both of them on the table as well. She woke up early each morning and made up things like scones and muffins and croissants for the others.
Everybody loves a winner
So nobody loved me

Bracken Thomas

(04/11/2019 at 02:01)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Those beds are, uh, more comfortable than they look," he justified, as though he wouldn't sleep until noon every day if he could.

Left with his thoughts, he only remembered to open his mouth when the girl had crossed the room already: "thanks, yeah." Then he stared at the fireplace, musing over where he might find snacks before lunch. Lia usually had chocolate at least.

"-but I brought you some food to get you by until lunch."

Eyes bloomed into miniature moons. "Oh I'm not picky, but suddenly I'm damn hungry," Bracken spewed, snagging the plate before, promptly, stuffing his face with a croissant. "You - hhhangel," he muttered between chomps. "Top counselor of the summer, I declare it already!"
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

* Olette Carroll

(04/11/2019 at 06:35)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
Olette wouldn’t deny the beds were comfy. Almost too comfy for her taste. She was too used to uncomfortable beds.

She shyly shrugged. “Just didn’t want you to go hungry.” Her cheeks had turned a soft pink at his compliments. “Are they good? I made them up earlier this morning. Do you need anything else?” She was eager to please, especially since he was so nice to her.
You can look right through me
Walk right by me
And ne
ver know I'm there

Bracken Thomas

(04/12/2019 at 19:49)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Yea yea," he muttered, slurping down a gulp of the piping hot tea in the middle of his feast. "You can sit, please, and pop your feet up."

NOTRE DAME
The morning after this

"Y'elloooo?" he sang, purposely sending his voice around the arched ceilings. The mistake made itself immediately known: aches undulated through his face with the jaw movement. Wincing, he screwed up his face rather than pat the ugly bruise, hoping he might dissipate the pain through his wiggling eyebrows or something. The fist-born mark wasn't enormous, localized to to the edge of his jaw, but swelling puffed it out and broken vessels colored it purpleish.

The place looked largely empty, as it did for most of his own shifts. However plenty of morning sunlight poured in, and that was good enough for him.

"Olette, top'a'mornin," he greeted his counselor, frankly quite relieved to find her over many of the other infirmary volunteers. There was a strong disarming and trustworthy quality about her. "Hey, we have any ice in here?" Bracken should've known where - but he didn't.
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

* Olette Carroll

(04/19/2019 at 02:12)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
It was a fairly quiet morning. After all, it was only the morning. Too early for most people to already have gotten into some sort of mishap. So Olette was simply cleaning up from the day before. She enjoyed organizing the Infirmary. Most of the others didn’t, but it was one thing she was useful for here.

Suddenly she heard someone call out. She headed towards the entrance to find Bracken there. “Oh, are you working this mor-” She cut off, noticing the mark on his face. “Oh my god, are you okay?” She asked worriedly, quickly approaching him.

She brought her hand up to lightly touch the bruise. “I don’t think we have any ice here, you’d probably have to go to the kitchens for that. Oh! We do have some bruise paste though! I think I just put it away. Let me go grab that. Go ahead and take a seat on one of the beds.”

She quickly grabbed the paste and came back. She started dabbing it on his jaw. “What happened?”

pp approved by Bracken

help me

Bracken Thomas

(04/25/2019 at 22:24)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
A finger, in much better condition than the masticated one attached to his right hand, approached the source of aching in harmless fashion. Even so, brown eyes flashed wide as the Pacific. "Ooh watch it there," he hummed, preemptive wince at the ready should Olette dust up any residual pain. But she didn't.

It blew his mind that this kind of place wouldn't stock ice - yet at the same time, Bracken hardly ever experienced actual medical care. If something hurt, always ice or laying down. Maybe Bracken Thomas Remedies were a little on the scant side. He really didn't think sitting was necessary, but rather than argue he plopped his ass down, never a adversary to getting of his feet.

"Oh it's from yesterday," he shrugged, letting his feet swing to a lackadaisical rhythm while the girl began tending to him, which he lazily endured. A queer sort of look crossed his face: bemused blended with confused all over a deeper sense of focus. "Bit of misunderstanding. Happens all the time actually." His eyes flickered to Ole's, wondering what she'd make of that.

"Still was hurting like a witch though. Thanks, for that."
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

* Olette Carroll

(04/27/2019 at 05:13)
  • Gardener at Elixirium
  • C0D0T0S0
    • View Profile
Olette frowned. She knew the types that had ‘misunderstandings,’ and Bracken wasn’t one of them, not in her opinion. He was nice. She didn’t know his background, but he wasn’t the rough and tumble type. She very nearly asked who would do that to him, then she remembered Jeremiah’s bruised knuckles over Christmas and how upset he got when she questioned him about it.

“I’m sorry…” She said instead as she sat next to him. She gave a soft smile at him. “Hopefully you don’t get caught up in any more misunderstandings. I’m sure it makes Pilar worried sick.” After all, it worried her and she didn’t even know him terribly well. And Olette was always worried about Jeremiah, but she hadn’t noticed bruises on his knuckles since.
Everybody loves a winner
So nobody loved me

Bracken Thomas

(04/30/2019 at 02:31)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8D5T9S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
The girl's reaction came as breath of rain-tinged, cool and fresh air after a stuffy day inside. She did not pry, hardly seemed to judge, even offered a smile. Not likely he was going to be let off the hook so easily by most everyone else.

...and then she mentioned Pilar, and his soft and comfortable expression ever so slightly soured, eyes instinctively swinging to the floor. The Slytherin princess had bonded with this delightful squib, and he adored that, but it constrained his relationship struggles even more than usual in the innocent Olette's presence.

"You'd be surprised," he chuckled, dryer than normal. "She likes to get her nose dirty." A much nicer form of code that he assumed the girl would never decipher.
RELIGION

picking
wings off of angels
has
always
been
my

Tags: