Author Topic: Discovery| EMO summer '56  (Read 148 times)

* Etain Marie O'Brien

(04/01/2019 at 18:09)
  • Seventh Year
  • C3D3T3S5
    • View Profile
1 July 1956

Today is the day. A day that I've been waiting for nearly a month now. The day that Seamus has arranged for us to go to Azkaban. He is getting information about an object that seems to have fallen into the wrong hands from someone who has recently been incarcerated.

Fortunately, the person that Seamus needs to question is housed next to the cell that has supposedly held my father for the last 17 years. I am going because I wanted to meet him...just once. I want to talk to him. I want to ask him why he had done the horrible things he had been accused of. Why had he done the things that got him locked away and prevented him from being there for me?

I remember how much Ma had to fight to be free of their marriage. More than that, I saw the hurt in her eyes as she set me down to talk about the things I might hear when I went to school. Whatever he had done, it had hurt her deeply.

I need answers.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. - Poe

* Etain Marie O'Brien

(04/03/2019 at 04:30)
  • Seventh Year
  • C3D3T3S5
    • View Profile
Later the same day

I went with Seamus to Azkaban today. While he questioned some man about a quill that seemed to have odd properties, I looked in on my father.

At first, he looked exactly as I suspected him to. Gaunt, and nearly lifeless, with just the barest hint of anything close to life behind his eyes. I tried to talk to him, but got little more than grunts and dismissive gestures.

It didn't feel right though. Something about him was off, even more than the effects of the place. Whoever, no, whatever was in that cell had less substance to it than a human would.

This will require research. Lots of research. And probably more secrets that I will have to keep from Ma and pretty much everyone else around me.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. - Poe

Tags: etain o'brien